Deep Fried Ice-cream Delivered – Eat Now

My dearest long-time readers, I’m sure by now you would know that Mr Bao and I go out a lot for dinner 😛 And one of the main reason is because we’re too lazy to cook on weeknights and do the cooking on the weekends. But to be honest, another reason why is because…I really can’t cook to save my life lol I can bake and do magic with my oven but I never seem to be able to nail down any savoury dishes. And because Mr Bao is so much better and he enjoys cooking, I usually just leave it to him  ~

Eat Now Website

But there are nights, when we don’t really want to head out and too tired to cook, we’ll get takeaway but that still requires us going out and collecting it. That’s why I was very interested to try our Eat Now’s new service when they contacted me. They’re a new online takeaway website, where you enter your postcode, the restaurants that delivery will come up, you choose and order online and very shortly someone will knock on your door with your dinner!

Eat Now2

It was a cold Wednesday night, when I decided to try out Eat Now, unfortunately, not many restaurants around us were participating. Scanning through the list, I was surprised to see one of our local Canton Chinese Restaurant was on this list and that’s what I settled on getting that night.

Eat Now3
The interface of the website is quite straightforward and self-explantory, you pick what you want and it’s placed into ‘Your Order’ on the right hand size of the webpage. The menu was quite decent, with a good mix of entrees, soups, mains, rice and noodle dishes and most surprisingly dessert! However, we did find it a little disappointing that there weren’t many Chinese Roast options, because the restaurant is known for their roast pork belly and char siu.

Order Placed!

Order Placed!

Once we’ve placed our order, we just paid with our credit and patiently waited for our food to arrive. This is actually the first time I’ve ordered food online, because I’m always skeptical that when you order food online, something will go wrong hahaha Yes I’m old school like that 😛

Dinner has arrived!

Dinner has arrived!

We were surprised by the delivery time, only took them around 20 minutes to deliver to our house, and because we ordered over $35 of food we got free Prawn crackers!

IMG_6508

I think we made a good choice a one rice, one beef and veggie and one chicken dish ~ Pretty balanced meal if you ask me hehe

Hokkien Fried Rice $16

Hokkien Fried Rice $16

This is my Mum’s favourite fried rice dishes, basically it’s a fried rice with egg through it, then topped with a mix of seafood, chicken and veggie in a thick soy-based sauce. Because the sauce is placed on top it gives the fried rice so much flavour, even though I’m not a fan of rice, I can still eat a bowl or two ~ Even though it was takeaway, it still tasted pretty good and not much different to when we’ve had it at the restaurant.

Beef in Black Bean Sauce $12

Beef in Black Bean Sauce $12

This is the Beef in Black Bean Sauce with mixed veggies, it’s not very authentic that they used broccoli and zucchini but the beef was cooked well not too tough and sauce was good. We just found it a tad too salty.

I made it....NOT

I made it….NOT

Mr Bao came home late so I was trying to fool him by putting the chicken ribs into a nice plate we’ve got at home and claimed that I made it! Hahaha don’t think he believed me though!

Mr Bao looks satisfied

Mr Bao looks satisfied

Even though I didn’t cook dinner, I still managed to bring food to the table, well sort of hahha Mr Bao looks satisfied doesn’t he? hahaha

Fried Chicken Ribs in Salted Egg Sauce $18

Fried Chicken Ribs in Salted Egg Sauce $18

Oh yes this is the Fried Chicken Ribs in Salted Egg Sauce which I plated up very nicely 😛 It was our favourite dish that night, with that delicious salted egg sauce all over the deep fried Chicken Ribs. Even though it had been in the take away box, it wasn’t too greasy and still kept it’s crunch. Would definitely order this again!

Deep Fried Ice-cream $5

Deep Fried Ice-cream $5

Remember how I said that they was dessert on the menu such a surprise they had banana fritters, pineapple fritter and most importantly Deep Fried Ice-cream. I was worried that the ice-cream would’ve melted and made the batter really soggy by the time it reached our place. But it was fine and even though it wasn’t as crispy as it could be fried fresh it was still decent and I really liked the coconut in the batter.

Overall, we had fun ordering from Eat Now, and think it’s a great service to have on super cold nights when you simply do not want to step outside of home! We were impressed with how easy it was to order the food and how efficient the restaurant was at delivering it. We would have liked to see more restaurants on Eat Now and to have more variety, but we do understand that they’re just starting up and will take some time ~

This is a sponsored post by Eat Now, but meal was paid for individually and all opinions are honest and based on time of visit.

Advertisements

21 thoughts on “Deep Fried Ice-cream Delivered – Eat Now

1. Choc Chip Uru September 7, 2013 at 3:19 pm Reply

The fact that your fried ice cream was a-ok screams of efficiency, what a fantastic fast food option 🙂

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 11, 2013 at 12:23 am Reply

I couldn’t agree with you more Uru 😉 Can’t believe they delivered fried ice-crea totally made my day hehe ~

2. Keren September 7, 2013 at 3:22 pm Reply

We were using a similar service to this for a while to get Indian delivered. It’s definitely nice to not have to even go out to get dinner. Thankfully with my new job I’m now rarely tired enough to justify it but I will definitely keep Eat Now in mind for next time … it looks like the deals in our area aren’t too bad. No fried ice-cream though 😦

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 11, 2013 at 2:51 pm Reply

I’m so jealous that you’re not too tired to cook after dinner, cuz i think homemade meals are always! You know exactly what you’re putting in them so it’s always healthier hehe

• Keren September 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm Reply

Yeah, new job has come with its own set of pros and cons but the health benefits have been pretty good … that said, we did get take away just last night because I was cactus!

3. Hotly Spiced September 7, 2013 at 4:41 pm Reply

I thought you two must eat out a lot! I think this is a fantastic service – so good for busy people. I love the look of the chicken! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 11, 2013 at 2:52 pm Reply

Hhahaa we do Charlie because we don’t have an amazing like you here in Melbourne who will cook for us hehe ~ But this is a great service for us! Loving it!

4. Hannah September 9, 2013 at 1:05 am Reply

Dude. Delivery deep fried ice cream?! Yes.

5. grabyourfork September 9, 2013 at 1:28 am Reply

lol i can’t believe they home deliver deep fried ice cream! Too awesome!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 11, 2013 at 2:53 pm Reply

I know right that’s the first thing that I saw and wnated to order it immediately hehe!

6. Tina @ bitemeshowme September 9, 2013 at 9:05 am Reply

Home delivery with deep fried ice cream? I’m definitely not saying no to that.

7. libishski September 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm Reply

Oooh this place is not far from where I live too! I used to go there quite a bit for takeaway but it’s been ages since I’ve been back. I’m glad that they do delivery as there aren’t too many places in our area that deliver (except for pizza places) so it’s good to know that Canton does 🙂

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm Reply

Yes I know right it’s been open for ages 🙂 my primary school friend’s family use to own it but they’ve sold it off a couple of years ago hehe you’ve gotta try Canton I think it’s better than some of the local Pizza places we have hehe

8. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella September 9, 2013 at 8:07 pm Reply

I haven’t had home delivery in ages but we used to get it all the time years ago! hehe at least you’ve got the baking nailed (the important bit hehe ;)).

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm Reply

Hahhaah that’s true 🙂 i think that’s more important than cooking we can live off baked goodies (cakes, sweets and all) couldn’t we?

9. cquek September 10, 2013 at 3:16 am Reply

awesome post! i want

10. Sarah September 14, 2013 at 10:10 am Reply

That’s so awesome! I’m so impressed the chicken ribs and the fried ice-cream managed to hold up! Now I’m totally craving fried ice-cream, haha 🙂

11. Christine (@cookingcrusade) September 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm Reply

I recently reviewed them too, oh snap haha. I had no idea some places home delivered deep fried ice cream…if only I knew!! I would have gotten some of it for sure!!