Today, I have a confession to make and that is…Mr Bao and I have found a new addiction and that its PEANUT BUTTER! I know it may sound awfully strange to most people, because most like if not LOVE the good old peanut butter but neither of us did😛 We never put it on our toast, would never order a PB dessert or even buy a jar! Then…last year April (My Food Trail) made us some chocolate peanut butter brownies for Christmas and has totally converted us! All of a sudden we liked the salty peanut flavour especially with chocolate, since then we’ve made PB Brownies, PB molten cakes and now I present to you the Peanut Butter Cup Cookies😀
Recently I took my parents to Costco being their first time they were amazed at how big everything was and they had fun buying everything in bulk. I’d had my eyes on the 1.5 Kg Reeses Peanut Butter miniature cups for a while but didn’t want to buy it. But dad saw how I was lurking around same aisle sagain and again so he ended up getting it for me! YAY to parents who spoil their kids😛
Immediately that night, I wanted to make something with PB, so ended up making these cookies which are essentially chocolate chip cookies but I replaced some of the chocolate chips with chopped pieces of PB cups and to top it off I placed a whole PB cup in the middle for baking them ~
I think next time to make them even more Peanut Buttery I’m going to add some Peanut butter to the cookie dough batter😉 I wonder if we’ll ever get over this addiction but for now its here to stay.
Recipe – Peanut Butter Cup Cookie adapted from Taste.com.au
Yield – 20 Cookies
185g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (200g), brown sugar
1/2 cup (100g), caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cup (300g) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g Reeses Peanut Butter cup, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark or milk)
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking power
2) Use an electric mixer to beat butter and two types of sugars in a medium bowl until pale and creamy (approximately 3 to 5 minutes)
3) Add the egg and egg yolk and beat until well combined. Add flour and baking powder, stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Alternatively continue beating with electric mixer until just combined and finish up by hand. Add Peanut butter cups and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
5) Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon, roll two tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on the lined tray, slightly flatten with fingers.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until slightly golden (leave in oven if you like it crisper). Remove from oven and cool on tray before transferring to a cooling rack.