Please VOTE for me :) – Bloggers Pizza Competition at Grosvenor Hotel

Dearest loveliest Readers ๐Ÿ™‚ have you ever made pizza from scratch at home before? I sure love pizza especially those with a thin crust and baked in a wood fire ovens with that smokey flavour. Anyhow, I got an email from Julia from TinkPR a couple of weeks ago asking if I’d be interested in learning how to make pizza from scratch and also enter a pizza competition with some other food bloggers?!?

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do it at first…I mean what do I know about pizza making? Turns out that all my closest and dearest food blogging friends were going – Ash, Thanh, Shellie, Sabrina and Scott, Lianne and Cherrie! It’s been a while since we’ve all caught up so it was going to be like a little reunion hehe ~

Julia and Chef Emile :)

Julia and Chef Emile ๐Ÿ™‚

The event was held at the Grosvenor Hotel in St Kilda East, I haven’t heard of it before, but was surprised that it was such a modern and spacious restaurant on a quiet street. We all gathered up at 6:30pm where we got to meet Julia andย Chef Emile ย which told us the run down and the most importantly the rules for the competition and that was ‘have fun and play fair!’ ๐Ÿ˜€

Chicken liver pate and antipasto

Chicken liver pate and antipasto

The Grosvenor Hotel was very kind and gave us some nibbles to start our night off, starting with the super smooth and addictive chicken liver parfait which was a Marco Pierre White recipe and their chicken arancini balls with what I think was aioli ~

Chicken Arancini :)

Chicken Arancini ๐Ÿ™‚

Then it was these hand cut chips that takes 3 days to make! These were seriously one of the best chips I have had! Normally I’m not a chip person lol I can resist the fried goodness but not for these chips, no matter how long you left them they were still crispy! And pair them up with the Bernnaise sauce yes please!

Hand Cut Chips

Hand Cut Chips

After some delicious nibbles and drinks, it was GAME ON! The actual pizza making time ~ we were led into the back of the kitchen to start making our own pizza dough from scratch. We were all given some 00 flour, fresh yeast, room temperature water and olive oil. Stefano the pizza making guru started instructing us, starting by mixing the yeast and waster together and then sprinkling the salt over the flour and slowly forming a dough. Now this was the easy bit…the hard bit was the kneading it!

Pizza Making

Pizza Making

Stefano teaching us :)

Stefano teaching us ๐Ÿ™‚

It took a very long time and lots of assistance from Stefano and Emile to form this perfect looking pizza dough ๐Ÿ˜€ My hands felt like they were going to fall off!

My pizza dough :)

My pizza dough ๐Ÿ™‚

We took it in turns to make the pizzas, first up was Shellie with her Banhmigeddon pizza which had her homemade Vietnamese chicken and Sriracha sauce. That chicken is SO damn addictive! Then Thanh also bought in some special ingredients and made a Kaarage chicken pizza with roast capsicums and rocket on TOP so it didn’t burn in the oven hahaha. Ashely also bought some homemade ingredients and that was BAKKWA and zucchini on her gluten-free pizza ~ the base was amazing couldn’t even tell it was GF ๐Ÿ™‚ I could already tell competition was gonna be TOUGH!

Shellie, Thanh and Ashley's pizzas :)

Shellie, Thanh and Ashley’s pizzas ๐Ÿ™‚

Next lot of savoury pizzas were from Sabrina and Scott competing with each other as they’re from the same blog Brunch Addict ๐Ÿ˜› Scott made a vegetarian pizza with fennel and caramelized onions while Sabrina topped her pizza with lamb, some special cheese which I can’t remember the name of and Moroccan spices ~

Screen shot 2013-02-23 at 12.04.52 AM

Scott and Sabrina’s pizza

Now to the battle of the dessert queens! I knew I wouldn’t stand a chance making a savoury pizza, so definitely sticking with a sweet one. But I was up again Cherrie who is known for her amazing desserts on her blog and OMG Lianne who is like the domestic goddess! Cherrie’s pizza was a sweet and savoury combination of bacon, banana and dulce de leche!

Lianne's 'Banana Nut Cracker' Pizza

Lianne’s ‘Banana Nut Cracker’ Pizza

While Lianne’s ‘Banana Nut Cracker’ was hard to resist too with a butterscotch base, sliced bananas, flaked almond, almond crunch, walnuts and last but not least cinnamon sugar! Okay…we’re competitors but this was so damn good!

My "Sweet Attack" Pizza

My “Sweet Attack” Pizza

Okay, finally my turn with my ‘Sweet Attack’ pizza hahaha I named it ‘Sweet Attack’ because I knew it was going to be a sugar and sweet overload and not everyone could handle my pizza! I had a THICK dulce de leche base (swear I used nearly half a bowl), dollops of fresh Italian Nutella, flaked almonds and almond crumble to give it some texture and finished it all off with super sweet and crunchy honeycomb!

Screen shot 2013-02-23 at 12.04.37 AM

I know it’s super sweet and not everyone can stomach it but at the same time lol I LOVE IT ๐Ÿ˜› Yes I am bias hahaha either way it was my perfect sweet pizza!

Julia announcing the winners

Julia announcing the winners

It was actually quite nerve wrecking when Julia and Emile stepped out to deliberate hahaha reminds me of Masterchef and how we’re being judged ~ Finally the results were out! *DRUM ROLLS* Shellie and I tied, we were both the highest!!! WOO HOO *HIGH FIVE*! Lianne got second place and Cherrie was third! YAY! Super happy ๐Ÿ™‚

Our Pizza On The Menu

Our Pizza On The Menu

The competition hasn’t ended though! The top 3 pizzas are going on the Grosvenors special menu and the pizza that gets the most votes on Facebook and in the restaurant will remain on the menu for a MONTH and the blogger can go back and eat as many pizzas for FREE ๐Ÿ˜€

Grosvenor Facebook Page :)

Grosvenor Facebook Page ๐Ÿ™‚

Now my Dearest most supportive Readers, can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask you to vote for me ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s super simple, you just go to the Grosvenor Facebook page and find the picture of my pizza and press ‘Like’ and that’s it!!! And if you’re in Melbourne please go try out my pizza it’s on the menu for two weeks! Every pizza ordered is also counted as a VOTE ๐Ÿ˜€

No matter who wins this was such an amazing event ๐Ÿ™‚ We all had so so so much fun! Would like to thank Emile, Stefano and Julia for organising this event and inviting me!

Daisy@Nevertoosweet attended this event as a guest of Grosvenor Hotel and TinkPR

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

36 thoughts on “Please VOTE for me :) – Bloggers Pizza Competition at Grosvenor Hotel

1. andy1076 February 23, 2013 at 3:56 pm Reply

Daisy’s sweet attack all the way!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 24, 2013 at 11:57 pm Reply

Thanks Andy ๐Ÿ™‚ wish you could taste the pizza!

• andy1076 February 25, 2013 at 4:53 am Reply

I do wish! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Jeno @ Weeknite Meals February 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm Reply

I totally just voted for your sweet attack, good luck Daisy!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm Reply

Thank you Jeno ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re the best! Just wished you could come and try! xox

3. Sarah February 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm Reply

That looks like so much fun! I’m so sad I couldn’t make it that night – I would have loved to try your Sweet Attack! I looooove Dulce de Leche! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:01 am Reply

Ohhhh what a shame you weren’t able to come Sarah ๐Ÿ˜ฆ damnnn it would’ve been amazing if you were able to come! Doesn’t matter hehe maybe you can come over next time and I’ll make it for you again! I’m in LOVE with Dulce De Leche as well!

4. Choc Chip Uru February 23, 2013 at 6:03 pm Reply

Your sweet attack forever ๐Ÿ˜€

CCU

5. leaf (the indolent cook) February 23, 2013 at 7:55 pm Reply

Such a fun event! I voted, good luck!

6. hotlyspiced February 23, 2013 at 8:11 pm Reply

Congratulations Daisy on doing so well so far. Of course you have my vote. I’ll just do that right now! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:10 am Reply

Thank you Charlie ๐Ÿ™‚ I was shocked that I tied with Shellie! I never expected it ~

7. ironchefshellie February 23, 2013 at 10:17 pm Reply

Woooooooo!!!!! We rock! It was nerve racking waiting for the results wasn’t it.

Was the best night out in a long time, can’t wait for our pizza reunion of Thursday! Xox

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:14 am Reply

Me too! It’s going to be amazing to try OUR pizzas hehe I’ve never had anything of mine on a restaurant menu hehe!

You did an amazing job dear loveeeeeee your Vietnamese chicken! xx

8. Norma Chang February 24, 2013 at 3:00 am Reply

I do not have Facebook, how else can I vote?

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:25 am Reply

Unfortunately not Norma ๐Ÿ™‚ doesn’t matter you have already supported me!

9. Ames February 24, 2013 at 2:44 pm Reply

Voted ๐Ÿ™‚ Great work, Daisy! looks like lots of fun!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:25 am Reply

Thanks Ames ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re the best! It was truly an amazing event loved it!

10. Tina @ bitemeshowme February 24, 2013 at 6:18 pm Reply

Definitely sounds like a sugar overload but all the flavours sound so good. How can we go wrong!!! Love the idea of the crumble. That’ll definitely help with the texture. Ooooooh!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:26 am Reply

I know it was going to be a little too sweet but hahaha you guys wouldn’t expect anything less from me ๐Ÿ˜€

11. Libby February 24, 2013 at 7:26 pm Reply

Saw all the lovely pizza creations on Instagram and got insanely jealous! I have placed a ‘like’ for all three worthy finalists and may the best one win (though you’re all winners in my heart, haha).

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:32 am Reply

YAY! You’re the best Libby! Thanks for voting ๐Ÿ™‚ It really was a great event one of the best ones I’ve gone to ~ hope they have other similar events again! xox

12. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella February 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm Reply

I saw a whole lot of pictures on instagram! And hehe that’s so cute that you did a sweet one-but of course right? ๐Ÿ˜€ Off to vote but you know I adore all three of you so I have to vote for all 3 of you! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:33 am Reply

Thank you Lorraine for voting for all 3 of us ๐Ÿ˜€ We’re all friends! So it doesn’t really matter who wins! It was just heaps of fun hehe sorry for spamming your Instagram ๐Ÿ˜›

13. thehungerpangs February 24, 2013 at 8:36 pm Reply

Done! Go Daisy! Sweet pizzas all the way ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:38 am Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ Means a lot that so many of you are super supportive!

14. milkteaxx February 24, 2013 at 9:57 pm Reply

very sweet, just like you! if only i was in melb to taste this, u should make me some next time im in melb!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2013 at 12:39 am Reply

Sure thing ๐Ÿ™‚ i’ll make it for you next time you come to Melbourne again! xox

15. Peach February 25, 2013 at 3:08 pm Reply

Aww looks like you girls had so much! Too bad I couldn’t make it ๐Ÿ˜› Otherwise I would be up for some serious competition considering both of you girls are like dessert queen and domestic goddess. Glad you girls had fun!
    x

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm Reply

We definitely had heaps of fun ๐Ÿ™‚ What a bummer that you couldn’t make it ~ because I know you would’ve made an amazing pizza and definitely a pretty one because you always make pretty things I remember the cake pop class we did together! ๐Ÿ˜€

16. […] Shellie, I Eat Therefore I Am, I’m So Hungree, Brunch Addict, Sweet Cherrie Pieย & Ms D (Never Too Sweet For Me). But I have to say, I really didn’t need to be nervous, cause everyone was so friendly (with […]

17. msihua (@msihua) March 2, 2013 at 7:26 pm Reply

Well done you! My vote is useless cause I voted for all three of you!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 2, 2013 at 8:32 pm Reply

Hahha it’s all good ๐Ÿ™‚ We’re competing in a friendly matter ๐Ÿ˜›

18. chewtown@ChewTown March 3, 2013 at 10:47 am Reply

I’m heading over to vote for you right now! This probably won’t be a surprise to you, but I make pizza from stratch all the time – sort of expected given I’m Italian! haha

19. […] Hungree,ย Brunch Addict,ย Sweet Cherrie Pie, Off The Spork, Melbourne Food Snobย Peach Waterย & Never Too Sweet For Meย ). Was so good to see everyone from the Pizza challenge and also put faces to some whom I’ve […]