Happy Anniversary – My Mr Bao

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel so sorry and bad >_< I’ve been meaning to blog for sooooo long but training full time in the city this week and all the celebrations this weekend has really thrown my schedule off ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Yesterday, it was Mr Bao and my 3rd year anniversary, time seriously flies…because it still feels like yesterday when we first met! I know 3 years may not seem very long for some people, especially those who have been with their partners for a much longer time, but in that short period of time, Mr Bao and I have travelled together and finally made the ‘move’ and now live with each other ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m sorry Readers, if this post is a little cheesey ๐Ÿ˜› but I really wanted to dedicate this post to Mr Bao and to our anniversary hehe but this is still a food blog, I will try to base this post about food and please feel free to scroll down to the end if it gets too much ๐Ÿ˜›

Fell in love with a MAJOR FOODIE ๐Ÿ˜›

Mr Bao and I met through his cousin 3 years ago, and like most couples we started off as friends but then got to know each other and started dating, finally on the 6th of August 2009. Mr Bao decided to make it ‘official’ and ask me out, I’m gonna save you all from having to read all the details, but it’s been a enjoyable and loving journey since then. Will now share a few photos with you ๐Ÿ™‚

2010 – Pigging out in Taipei Rao He Night Market

2011 – Korean BBQ in Seoul ~

2012 – NYC at Serendipity and having their Frozen Hot Chocolate

We usually spoil each other by taking each other out on our anniversary, but unfortunately, this year our anniversary fell on a Monday and I have full-day training all week >_< so instead, we decided to celebrate yesterday hehe.

Baked Eggs for brunch ~

For once the eggs were RUNNY!

Started off with me making brunch for Mr Bao, his favourite baked eggs with chorizo served with sourdough, smashed avocado and Happy Cow cheese ๐Ÿ™‚ cuz we both love it so much!

Then totally surprised Mr Bao with my little cupcake creation ๐Ÿ˜›ย Oh gosh…I stayed up till 4am making these cupcakes…they’re vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. But they have a hidden SURPRISE! Mr Bao was sure confused when I told him not to eat it with his hands, and that he had to get a knife and cut it in the middle lol I was so worried that he wasn’t going to cut it on the right angle.

Mr Bao then raided my cook book shelf, literally taking all the books and throwing them everywhere, then after a good half an hour, he announced he had to go to the supermarket. I was totally confused and thought he was going to make dinner or something ~ but he came back and said I was banned from the kitchen for the next two hours lol

Was so impatient hehe wanted to know what cake!

I had no idea what he was making…but all I know was it had chocolate because he went straight to the my chocolate stash hehe ~ 40 minutes later the apartment smelt like chocolate yummmm

Chocolate Walnut Cake

As soon as he took it out of the oven, I wanted to eat it straight away…but lol not so quick, Mr Bao poured a shiny glaze over the cake and had to refrigerate it overnight… so I actually had the cake last night hehe

YUMMMM

I have to be completely honest, and I was a little worried when I found out, this was a gluten free cake and there wasn’t any flour and just egg whites and almond meal hahaha because I’ve never really made a very nice gluten free cake ๐Ÿ˜› but Mr Bao did an amazing job! It was meringue chocolate cake with walnut pieces through it and a honey chocolate ganache soooo good, not sure if you would like the recipe, but if you do I will blog it ๐Ÿ™‚

MAYDAY!

Back to Sunday night, Mr Bao bought tickets to take me to the May Day concert (Taiwanese band). I really love this band and it’s the second time we’ve gone to the concert SO AMAZING~ I was screaming and singing at the top of my lungs ahahah I’m surprised I still had a voice at the end of the night hehe

2012 – MayDay Concert!

Even though I’m a day late, but I just really wanted to use this opportunity to say to “Happy Anniversary My Mr Bao, and even though it’s been a roller coaster ride for the past 3 years, I’ve enjoyed every single moment of it and I can’t wait for all the new adventures that lies ahead of us ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for always being supportive and letting me be me ๐Ÿ˜› I know we are so lucky to have each other xoxo”.

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , ,

61 thoughts on “Happy Anniversary – My Mr Bao

1. ironchefshellie August 7, 2012 at 10:56 pm Reply

Don’t need to apologise for not blogging for a few days!

How gorgeous you both have such a love of food ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy anniversary love birds! โค

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm Reply

But i feel bad Shellie! Like i’ve abandoned the blog lol

Thanks we always try to spoil each other hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

2. leaf (the indolent cook) August 7, 2012 at 11:06 pm Reply

Ah you two are so sweet together, trying to outdo each other with delicious baked treats and all that! Happy anniversary!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 8, 2012 at 5:05 pm Reply

Thanks Leaf ๐Ÿ™‚ I was really surprised when Mr Bao decided to bake hehe never expected him to ~

3. andy1076 August 7, 2012 at 11:07 pm Reply

So sweet!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. threehanns78 August 8, 2012 at 12:26 am Reply

Congrats guys. Happy three years anniversary, wish you both lotsa love, happyness and much lovely food, dining and baking together inthe years to come. the cakes are cute but you guys deserve a Darren Purchese masterpiece.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 8, 2012 at 5:07 pm Reply

Thank you! I can’t believe it’s been 3 years! We ve definitely done a lot of eating and cooking in that time ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe it is time to go to Burch and Purchase hehe

5. Norma Chang August 8, 2012 at 1:20 am Reply

Happy 3rd anniversary! Very charming post.

6. Jeno August 8, 2012 at 2:06 am Reply

Awwww Daisy, what a lovely post! Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Bao, you two are too adorable and so sweet to each other. Isn’t it wonderful to have someone who support you and enjoy life with?

The song is the perfect ending to this wonderful post!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:23 am Reply

Thank Jeno ๐Ÿ˜‰ so overwhelmed with love hehe i am so blessed to have mr Bao and everyone else around me ๐Ÿ˜‰ too spoilt hehe

I m glad you liked the song too, it’s one of my favourite ~ hope your fridge issues have been resolved ~

7. Rice Bowl Tales ( Jane ) August 8, 2012 at 4:44 am Reply

I know I’ve already said it, but can’t help but saying it again ,” Happy anniversary to you both!! ”
    I really adore how you love and support each other the way you do ~ through the love of food … care and dedication to the point of trying to make the best cakes possible!! If these cakes are the result of three years together, I can’t remember what are the ten years anniversary cakes gonna be like?!
    Okay enough said ~ where is the recipe that you promised at the beginning of the post ;\

• Rice Bowl Tales ( Jane ) August 8, 2012 at 4:48 am Reply

* I can’t imagine ( not I can’t remember ) haha!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:33 am Reply

Thank you Jane ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m so spoilt to have mr Bao around for the past three years and share so much food and laughter together hehe he definitely outdid himself when he made me a cake ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you for reminidng me I forgot to add the recipe I was too tired the other day hehe will do it tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Choc Chip Uru August 8, 2012 at 6:09 am Reply

Happy Anniversary you guys, you both are way too cute ๐Ÿ˜€
    I’m loving this post and do not apologise one second!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:24 am Reply

Thanks Uru lol we are only cute when we don’t want to kill each other and that happens on a daily basis ๐Ÿ˜›

9. theragingcook August 8, 2012 at 8:06 am Reply

Andy Lau, rather than saying I โค U, says IOU!!! Hahaha happy anniversary, and very very nice chocolate walnut cake!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:25 am Reply

Any lau is so funny lol thanks for the wishes ๐Ÿ™‚ mr Bao will be so happy to know someone praised his cake hehe

10. Hannah August 8, 2012 at 8:57 am Reply

Happy anniversary!! As someone who hasn’t had a serious relationships, three years of laughter, dessert, travel, and moving in seems like a massive achievement to me!! Go you two! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:26 am Reply

Thanks Hannah I hope Mr Bao will agree with you hahaha he might describe it as ‘3 years of insanity lol

11. hotlyspiced August 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm Reply

Happy Anniversary Daisy! That’s a lovely happy story and I’m glad to hear things are working out so well for you. And I love how you made each other cakes and yours are so clever with the red heart centres xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:28 am Reply

Thank you Charlie ๐Ÿ™‚ mr Bao definitely surprised me this year when he made me a cake! I Never expected it! I thought he was just going to make me dinner heheh savoury food is more of his thing hehe ~

12. Tina August 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm Reply

This is such a sweet post!!! congrats for the 3 year anniversary! And I must say, three years is a really long time although compared to some people who’ve been through more would say it’s little. Personally, I’m on 14 months and going strong, and yes I love it when the boy bakes too ๐Ÿ™‚ He’s managed to surprise me with chocolate cupcakes on my birthday this yr and last yr, haha. And that’s really smart how you had the red love heart inside the cupcake! Looking forward to the recipes ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:36 am Reply

Thanks Tina! Always love learning about what other couples do to celebrate hehe I bet the cupcakes were amazing too hehe I suggested cupcakes too but mr Bao said he hated putting the batter into the little tins ahhahaha

Can t wait to read your annivsary posts too hehe yay!

13. liannelow August 8, 2012 at 9:12 pm Reply

awww! too cuteeee! (: hehe happy anniversary to you and mr bao once again! hehe 3 years is not short at all and here’s to many more years to come! hehe and just so touching and loving of him to make u a cake and good on him that it turned out SO WELL!! hehe and would love the recipe of course! hehe gluten free! WOW! I’ve never made gluten free cakes before! xx can’t wait!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 10:38 am Reply

Thank you Lianne ๐Ÿ˜‰ I sure hope w have more years ahead of us and hahaha more cakes, desserts and laughter woo hoo and also arguments because we always fight hahaha

14. Cupcake Crazy Gem August 8, 2012 at 9:40 pm Reply

Aw happy anniversary you guys, Daisy – your cupcakes are awesome! and that is just the cutest that Mr Bao made you a cake too. I’m always dropping hints and would love it if Byron made one for me but he says I’m too much of a cake snob that anything he made would not be tasty enough for me, he’s probably right but it’s the thought that counts isn’t it! hehe…and also I have complete hair envy after this blog post – do you ever have bad hair days? because I’ve never seen one!!! Let’s swap hair? deal?!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 11:16 am Reply

Thank you Gem! You are too sweet ofcuz inave bad hair days i ha them a lot hahaha I think I just chose the nice pictures hehe ~
      Ohhh Byron should just try making you one and even though they may not be the best they’re still be amazing cuz he made them hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ maybe he ll make them for you this year and surprise you!

Sorry I haven’t had time to drop by your blog lately will be coming over soon ~

15. Michelle August 8, 2012 at 10:21 pm Reply

wow, he’s so sweet!

16. sugarpuffi August 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm Reply

nawwww this is too sweet! happy anniversary u two!

17. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella August 9, 2012 at 4:52 pm Reply

You and Mr Bao are such a cute couple! Congratulations on your anniversary!! ๐Ÿ˜€

18. libishski August 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm Reply

Congratulations, guys! ๐Ÿ˜€

19. catty August 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm Reply

you guys are SOOOOO cute! I loved this post ๐Ÿ™‚ congrats on your anniversary. By the way, i made a chocolate quinoa cake recently that is also gluten free.. and it was DIVINE. it’s now one of my favourite recipes!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm Reply

Yay hene do glad you liked the post Cat and it wasn’t too cheesey lol I saw that recipe! I wanna try that recipe too lol I m not gluten intolerant but like gluten free cakes hehe

20. Winnie@Eat.Play.Shop. August 9, 2012 at 9:53 pm Reply

You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm Reply

Thanks Winnie ๐Ÿ™‚ hope you’re feeling better hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Tina @ bitemeshowme August 10, 2012 at 8:24 am Reply

You guys are adorable! Happy anniversary xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 11, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply

Thank you Tina ๐Ÿ™‚ we’re only sweet and adorable when we’re not fighting lol

22. I had my 6th anniversary 4 days ago. Happy anniversary!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 11, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply

WOW 6 years ๐Ÿ™‚ that’s wonderful!!! Congratulations to you too ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Anniversary hehe ~

23. Julie August 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm Reply

awww happy anny you two!!!!!

24. Miss Kimbers @ Fruit Salad and Mixed Veg August 11, 2012 at 6:50 am Reply

You baked the cupcakes and then had training in a few hours? WHAAA! That is dedication:)

Congratulations to you and Mr Bao:) It was very sweet of him to bake such a lovely cake for you.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 11, 2012 at 10:45 am Reply

Thank you Kim ๐Ÿ™‚ it was pretty tiring making the cupcakes, then going to the concert then training for the whole week ~ but it was worth it hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m still so happy that he made a cake for me ๐Ÿ˜€

25. gourmetgetaway August 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm Reply

What a sweet sweet post, so nice to read about your happy times with your partner. What are good girlfriend you are staying up until 4.00am to bake those gorgeous cupcakes. I have no idea how you got the heart in the middle, you are just so clever!!

It was so lovely that your Boa made you a cake back… sounds like he is a keeper! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ We’re really only a nice couple when we’re not fighting hahaha ~ I really didn’t want to bake at 4am but I didn’t have enough time hehe I didn’t get the idea myself~ I saw it from a blog a while ago and knew i had to try! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so glad Mr Bao’s caked turned out better than I thought it would hehe ๐Ÿ˜›

26. bakingaddict August 12, 2012 at 10:51 am Reply

Happy (belated) Anniversary to both of you!! You make such a cute couple and I wish you many happy years together ๐Ÿ™‚ Your cupcakes are super cute – I’ve always wanted to make them since seeing them earlier this year on a few blogs. I think it’s great that he made you a chocolate cake – he definitely sounds like a keeper ๐Ÿ™‚ ps love the song too – one of my fav ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 13, 2012 at 12:08 pm Reply

Thank you Ros ๐Ÿ™‚ Mr Bao definitely did a great job with the chocolate walnut cake hehe i really enjoyed eating it ๐Ÿ˜› more than i expected i would hehe i’m so mean!

I really hope we get to meet you in person Ros!!

27. I-Hua Lim (@msihua) August 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm Reply

You two are way too cute! And you both bake! OMG! Hahaha

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm Reply

Thank you I-Hua hahhahaa it’s his first time ๐Ÿ™‚ not sure if he’s an avid baker like myself hehe

28. winstonthehungryexcavator August 12, 2012 at 6:11 pm Reply

What an unforgettable celebration! Are all your anniversaries just as awesome? SO happy for you both to have hit another milestone, am sure you guys will have many many more to come ahead. Yaaaaay!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm Reply

Thank you Wince for your lovely wishes ๐Ÿ™‚ we always try to out do each other ahahhaa and Mr Bao sure did this year! I wonder what he’ll try making next year hehe

29. Joanna August 13, 2012 at 7:32 pm Reply

Dear Daisy:
    Happy Anniversary to you and your boyfriend
    Great to see you both had great time and great food
    and great celebration together.
    continue treasure each other in the next life journey ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 13, 2012 at 9:26 pm Reply

Thank you Joanna ๐Ÿ™‚ it is always so nice to hear from you! I haven’t had time to reply to your email I’m very sorry!!! Will reply now hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr Bao and i have definitely had lots of great and fun times together, really hope we’ll have many more ~

Hope you’ve had a nice weekend xox

30. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed August 23, 2012 at 4:44 pm Reply

ok you guys are far too sweet ๐Ÿ™‚ happy anniversary!
    Heidi xo

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 24, 2012 at 10:26 am Reply

We’re really only sweet when we’re not fighting and not waiting to kill each other hahahaa