Another month has flown past and this month’s Alphabakes is hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes ~ My regular readers (Thanks for the support) will know of this challenge that I participate in every month, where we need to bake something starting with the letter or use an ingredient starting with that month’s chosen letter.
As soon as I realised this month’s letter was W, I could only think of two things – white chocolate and walnuts. That was it…and even though these are both ingredients that I love…I just didn’t know what to make😦
So I left it for a couple of weeks then when I was visiting another one of my favourite websites Dessert Stalking, I found what I wanted to make Watermelon Krispy Treats!
These are sooooooo easy to make and yummy You only need 5 ingredients and the microwave to make these ~ yup no baking involved perfect for those who don’t have an oven hehe Even Mr Bao was impressed lol he did complain that he only got once slice instead of two😛
Recipe – Watermelon Krispy Treats adapted from Glorious Treats
Yields – One 22 cm cake tin
For the Green (rind) outer ring
2 Cups Rice Bubbles
2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
20 grams Unsalted Butter
Green food colouring
For the Red (watermelon) centre
2 ½ Cup Rice Bubbles
2 ½ Mini Marshmallows
20 grams Unsalted Butter
Red food colouring
Additional sultanas for the seeds
1) Melt some butter and brush it all over a 22cm cake tin. Grease well.
3) Add 2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows and 20 grams of butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 2 minutes or until very puffy. *WARNING* use a lid or cling wrap it is a pain to clean up otherwise.
4) Once it has puffed up like the picture below, carefully remove from the microwave and immediately stir in green colour until desired colour. I used probably a tablespoon~
5) Pour green marshmallow mixture over the bowl of rice bubbles and using a buttered spatula quickly mix it all together make sure all rice bubbles are coated evenly.
6) Working very quickly, put the green mixture into the cake tin, and press it along the sides of the pan to create a ring. Use a glass or cup to help create the sides and flatten it the outer ring.
DONE It’s such a fun thing to make and eat hehe ~ only thing is the melted marshmallow gets quite sticky and hard to wash so I suggested soaking it in hot water for a few minutes LOL I was also trying to convince Mr Bao that it’s healthy because I didn’t use any sugar…but then he found out I used marshmallows hahaha
Bookmark this recipe and make it next time you go to a party ~ I promise you’ll impress everyone😀