Thank you Gem – Awards & Random Facts

I SURVIVED! You may know that I started my new job today and I survived hehe 9 hours of full on training! I can’t believe it, I’ve been so nervous but it’s finally over and even though it’s just training and I don’t really know what I’ll be doing yet, at least I know the people who I’m working with are really nice ~ I also got my first ever business card and work laptop WOO HOO! ย Thanks to everyone for the hints and tips of what to wear and the words of encouragement ๐Ÿ˜€

Now I’d like to say a special Thank You to Gem from Cupcake Crazy Gemย for awarding me with the Versatile and Sunshine blog award ~ She is an AMAZING baker! She’s always whipping up delicious recipes, her cupcake recipes are outrageously good take for instance, the Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcake, with a Creme Egg Fondant Icing or the Giant Heart Shaped Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel a bit bad, that I haven’t had time to try out some of Gem’s recipes, but I’ve promised her and myself that I’m going to make the Creme Egg cupcake soon ~ I know it’s past Easter but I REALLY want to make them hehe and it’s Win Win’s favourite.

For those who don’t know about the Versatile Blogger Award, it’s given out to blogs that you think are excellent and deserve this award.

While the Sunshine award is awarded toย โ€œbloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphereโ€.

Rules for these awards:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this Award and link back to them.
2. List 5 random facts about you.
3. Spread theย  joy by passing the awards to other bloggers.
4. Tell the other bloggers, about the award.

I liked all of Gem’s random facts especially the one that she’s moving from the UK to Vancouver for a year ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s so exciting! I’ve always wanted to live and work in another country hehe hope that dream comes true soon!

Now 5 random facts about me ๐Ÿ˜€
Source: MasterFoodsย

1) Tomato Sauce ย –ย  I absolutely HATE tomato sauce, I literally can not stand the smell or the taste of it hahaha I kid you not, but whenever there’s tomato sauce near me, I’ll start to feel nauseous and really sick…I can eat BBQ sauce and Tomato paste but just not ketchup. I know this is really weird and random but that’s why I wanted to share it with you ๐Ÿ˜›

2) Mini Me –ย That’s mini me in the picture here ~ I was probably about 3 back then and as you can see, I have really short hair my mother decided, all her daughters (4 of them) should grow up having ‘short’ hair because that was easier for her and us to ‘manage’. And we weren’t allowed to grow our hair till we were about 13, so since then…I’ve had long hair and only cut it twice a year ๐Ÿ™‚

3)ย Very Talkative –ย I’m not sure if you can already ‘tell’ through my blog, but I’m EXTREMELY talkative in person, on the phone and even MSN. My best friend Sasa once told me “When I first met you, you were a little overbearing because you simply wouldn’t ‘SHUT UP” hope that doesn’t scare you guys ~

Source: Yummy Kitchenย

4) ย Chinese Food –ย Even though I’m 100% Chinese, I don’t particularly like Chinese food. It’s never my first priority when we go out for dinner, but because Mr Bao and my parents love it so much…I’m kind of forced to eat it all the time ๐Ÿ˜› As a matter of fact, I don’t even like eating rice, the only ‘rice’ that I really eat is when I have sushi or ‘risotto’ if that’s even considered as ‘rice’ ~
Source: Google Images

5) Nerd –ย I’m a total nerd lol I’m actually proud to tell you guys that, I didn’t always ‘like’ studying and nearly failed Grade 4 and was asked to repeat it. But then when I got into high school, everything changed, I started reading more, studying more and really enjoyed it ๐Ÿ™‚ Thats why I did 6 yeas of Uni and even now I’m always looking for new things to learn, documentaries to watch and new books to read.

Now I’d love to pass these two awards to the following blogs ~ They’re all wonderful bloggers and I enjoy reading their blogs so much, it puts a smile to my face when I’m down ๐Ÿ™‚

Lianne from Food Made With Loveย
Jane from Rice Bowl Tales
Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker
Uru from Choc Chip Uruย
Julie from I Dream In Chocolateย
Rita from Spoon Fork and Chopsticksย
Shan Shan from Food Is Our Religionย
and last but not least
Libby from The Very Very Hungry Caterpillarย

I cheated and passed it on to more bloggers than I should but I don’t think that really matters ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xox

Advertisements

Tagged:

46 thoughts on “Thank you Gem – Awards & Random Facts

1. Cupcake Crazy Gem May 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm Reply

Ah Daisy, you are far too kind with your sweet comments about my blog! I absolutely love your random facts especially number one because one thing about me is that I LOVE ketchup and cannot eat many things without it…for that reason I always carry at least 5/6 sachets of Heinz Ketchup in my bag because I’m a ketchup snob and only Heinz will do! and I never want to get caught out in a situation where there is no ketchup available! and I love the pic of mini Daisy and Donald – so cute! and the fact you don’t really like rice was a big surprise! and I am super excited about Vancouver too hehe – I love the fact that you are extremely talkative and always look forward to your blog comments especially because I felt like in your comment about Vancouver you almost had as much excitement about the fact I’m moving there as I do!! hehe…AIso I am starting up a new monthly blogging challenge called United Bakes of America! I hope you might join in with me ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 5, 2012 at 9:15 pm Reply

Hello Gem ๐Ÿ™‚ Hahaha I can’t believe you carry ketchup with you hahaha that’s so funny i guess that shows that everyone’s just different and we all like different things ~ Thank you once again for giving me the awards and I had lots of fun writing the random facts wasn’t sure what you guys would like to know about me so I just wrote whatever came to mind ๐Ÿ˜€ OOO I just read about the new blogging challenge on your blog! I’m so so so excited can’t wait to participate ~ WOO HOO!
      I’m definitely excited that you’re moving to Vancouver hehe you’ve gotta update me when you go hehe!

2. Choc Chip Uru May 4, 2012 at 6:43 am Reply

Congrats my friends, these awards are so well deserved! Your blog is definitely very versatile and you are definitely a ray of sunshine ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thank you very much for passing them onto me, I appreciate it so much! It was awesome to find out more about you as well! Talkative? I totally had not noticed ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 5, 2012 at 9:16 pm Reply

You’re very welcome Uru ๐Ÿ˜€ you totally deserved these awards! I’m glad you like my blog too ~ even though it’s nearly been 6 months so i’m no longer a ‘brand’ new blog but there’s still so much for me to learn ๐Ÿ™‚ HAHAHA you really didn’t notice? I’ve always been SO talkative hehe have a great weekend!!

3. Jeno @ Week Nite Meals May 4, 2012 at 6:43 am Reply

Hey Daisy, I always love reading this type of postings, get a peek into my blogging friends, even though there are thousands of miles between us! The aversion to ketchup is pretty strange, because you are not allergic to tomatoes,… I can definitely feel the talkative quality shining though your postings, it’s a great quality and never change!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 4, 2012 at 9:59 am Reply

Thank you Jeno ๐Ÿ™‚ was it really that obvious that I m talkative hahaha ~ I m glad you liked this post. I was a little stuck because I wasn’t too sure what facts to share but yay ~ yeah I don’t know why but I really don’t like ketchup :p

4. hotlyspiced May 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm Reply

Congratulations on all your awards Daisy. That’s funny about your hair because my mother had five daughters and we were never allowed to cut our hair and I only shortened my hair once I left home. And interesting how you don’t like Chinese food. I didn’t experience Chinese food when I was growing up but now I love it! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 5, 2012 at 9:17 pm Reply

Thank you Charlie ๐Ÿ™‚ Really? My mum simply wouldn’t let us grow our hair…it was SO SO SO annoying hahha that’s why now I just can’t have short hair hahaha ๐Ÿ˜€ I don’t mind Chinese food but it’s really not my number 1 preference hehe ~ but i’m addicted to other Asian cuisines like Korean or Japanese and Thai ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Rice Bowl Tales May 4, 2012 at 10:38 pm Reply

Well done for formally joining the proper work force and enjoyed it on the first day, you’re officially a tax payer now, how does it feel?
    Many congrats also for receiving the awards, you totally earned and deserved them. So funny to read about all your random little stories … And of course for your kindness of passing them on to me too, deeply appreciated!! Very touching to know that someone regards fondly of you. Look forward to hear more of your work (and sweet ) news ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 5, 2012 at 9:20 pm Reply

Hello Jane ๐Ÿ™‚ It feels good to be part of the proper work force now ~ It’s a total lifestyle change but it’s great because I’m meeting so many new people and it’s a great challenge ๐Ÿ˜€ but probably still need some time to adjust and I really hope I’ll be able to keep up with the blogging because I am really passionate about it hehe I’m glad you like my random facts hehe you are most welcome about the awards ๐Ÿ˜€ I really enjoy reading your blog ~ Thank you for your continuous support and I look forward to sharing more random facts ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Jill | Dulce Dough May 5, 2012 at 5:53 am Reply

Congrats on your awards and on surviving training! I enjoyed reading your random facts–it is so fun to learn more about you!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm Reply

Thank you Jill ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad you enjoyed reading this post and my random facts ~ I wasn’t sure what to share with everyone so I just wrote down whatever came to my mind hehe

7. […] Daisy (at Never Too Sweet) thank you very much for your generous awards – I will be passing them on in a couple of […]

8. lovefoodcookfood May 5, 2012 at 9:58 pm Reply

Congratulations on your awards, You deserve them. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 7, 2012 at 4:27 pm Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s nice to be acknowledge and also be able to passs it onto other bloggers ~

9. Hannah May 6, 2012 at 2:53 pm Reply

You call that short hair?! Mine was about 2cm for my head at most until I was in something like Year 4. I would’ve been very envious of your glorious locks, you cutie-pie!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 7, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reply

Wow really 2com? I really shouldn’t complain then hehe but i wanted it REALLY long and have it plaited hehe ๐Ÿ˜›

10. Ames May 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm Reply

Your mini-me is very cute! Also, no tomato sauce? But proud nerd represent! *hi5*

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 7, 2012 at 4:29 pm Reply

Thank you Ames ๐Ÿ™‚ I didn’t know if you guys will laugh hehe but oh wellz I love being a nerd hehe ~

11. I-Hua Lim (@msihua) May 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm Reply

Awww… why you so stress? Hahahhaa… good luck on your new job ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 7, 2012 at 4:29 pm Reply

Hello I-hua i think i’m stressing because it’s my first real job hehe but i should be ok…things so far have been good ๐Ÿ˜€

12. bakingaddict May 7, 2012 at 8:08 am Reply

Congratulations on your award – well deserved! Glad to hear that you survived your first day of work ๐Ÿ™‚ Loved reading the random facts about you. I’m with Gem on ketchup – absolutely love the stuff although I don’t carry sachets in my bag (great idea though!) Love mini-me too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm Reply

Thank you Ros ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s always nice to receive a warm award hehe i’m at my first day of proper work today…not much working going on cuz we’re stil trying to sort out some admin issues but so far so good hehe ๐Ÿ˜€ WOO HOO! I know i’m weird so many people like ketchup but i just can’t stand it sighhh lol i miss it when i was so mini LOL at the rate i’m eating i’m going to be a giant soon hehe

13. Nine hours of training? Did you get a break? Did you get free food?:) Training with food is always good. Training with mints is also good hehe.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm Reply

Sighh we only had 10 min breaks every 2 hours, half an hour lunch and no FOOD sighhh but we got minties ๐Ÿ˜› lots of it hehe woo hoo! Trainings over now yay it’s now time for REAL work ๐Ÿ˜€

14. liannelow May 7, 2012 at 10:42 pm Reply

Thanks so much for the award dearie! Feel so so privileged to have known you through the blogging world! (: You’re definitely an inspiration to me too! hehe xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 8, 2012 at 8:41 am Reply

you’re very welcome dear ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so glad that I was able to pass the award to bloggers like you ~

15. Baker Street (@bakerstreet29) May 7, 2012 at 11:32 pm Reply

You look adorable! Congratulations on all your awards Daisy! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. machisan May 8, 2012 at 2:25 am Reply

congratulations!

17. Winnie@Eat.Play.Shop. May 8, 2012 at 10:32 am Reply

Hope you continue to enjoy your work Daisy, and congrats on the awards! Haha, I don’t particularly like chinese food that much either but like you, we eat lots of it due to family ๐Ÿ™‚ And what about ketchup? Don’t care for tomato sauce but ketchup I like!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 9, 2012 at 9:30 am Reply

Thanks Winnie ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s only the beginning so i don’t have much work yet but really hope it stays this enjoyable ~ the other Graduates here are great hehe we get along really well which is good ๐Ÿ˜€
      LOL i don’t know why but i just can’t stand tomato sauce hehe i know i’m very weird hehe

18. Julie May 8, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply

thanks for the award dearie and congrats to you! <3, hehe i love my tomatoe sauce!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 9, 2012 at 9:35 am Reply

you’re welcome Julie ๐Ÿ™‚ i have yet to find someone who doesn’t like tomato sauce like me ๐Ÿ˜›

19. […] of mine, Daisy @ Never Too Sweet (isn’t she just the best with a blog name like that? ) tagged me with a few awards. Thank you so much my friend If you have never met Daisy or visited her blog, it is filled with […]

20. libishski May 10, 2012 at 11:31 pm Reply

Wah! I’m so flattered that I made the list! I’ve been tagged a few times but never got around to doing my own post (shameful) so here’s hoping that I will finally get around to doing it, heh.

Congrats on surviving your first day on the job – hopefully everything’s been good since then!

PS. What DO you eat meat pies with then, if not tomato sauce?

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 11, 2012 at 9:34 am Reply

Hahaha i still eat meat pies just without the sauce ๐Ÿ˜› i eat everything without sauce i’m a really really strange one aren’t i? ๐Ÿ˜›

You’re very welcome for the award ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad to have been able to pass it onto you hehe woo hoo! take your time I took my time posting an awards post too hehe

Works been great so far and people here are lovely so that’s always a bonus ~ just can’t wait for the day to end!

21. April May 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm Reply

Wahhh so many sweets!! As tempting as this is, I will have to resist. I’m not allowed to go to buffets anymore because I have zero self control haha ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 14, 2012 at 8:33 am Reply

LOL I know what you mean April hehe are you excited about your trip? I’m SUPER excited hehe

22. Nami | Just One Cookbook May 11, 2012 at 5:09 pm Reply

Daisy, that was a fun read! You don’t like Chinese food, and even rice? That was so funny (or was it wrong to say?)!!! Well that make sense from your reviews. I don’t see any Chinese food (maybe some?). I just had my daughter’s hair cut because of the same reason! Well she had her kimono picture done in Japan with traditional hairdo etc. Now she’s happy with short hair (thank god)… too much trouble washing, drying, and tying up hair everyday. Am I a lazy mom? xD Congrats on the awards by the way!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 14, 2012 at 9:04 am Reply

Thanks Nami I’m glad you liked this post ๐Ÿ™‚ i wasn’t sure what to share with everyone hehe and I’ve done a few Chinese reviews but not many, because I’m really no expert and I don’t think I’ll be very good at writing these reviews ~ but i’m gonna try and write more lately because Mr Bao LOVES his rice ๐Ÿ˜€
      LOL i understand that mother’s find it annoying and too troublesome to wash, comb and tie their daughter’s hair but hahaha i REALLY wanted long hair as a kid ๐Ÿ˜›

23. Katrice Paulsell May 14, 2012 at 9:35 pm Reply

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specifically the last part ๐Ÿ™‚ I care for such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

24. […] of mine, Daisy @ Never Too Sweet (isn’t she just the best with a blog name like that? :D) tagged me with a few awards. Thank you so much my friend ๐Ÿ™‚ If you have never met Daisy or visited her blog, it is filled with […]

25. […] Daisy (at Never Too Sweet) thank you very much for your generous awards – I will be passing them on in a couple of […]