Graduation Ceremony and Thank You’s

Hello my lovely readers ๐Ÿ™‚ this will be my first non-food related post and I have something really exciting to announce today! If you follow me on Twitter or have added me on Facebook you may already know, but after 6 long years of studying at University, I am finally done with studying and graduated from my Masters degree last Thursday!

Mission Accomplished ๐Ÿ™‚

I decided to attend the graduation ceremony held in Hong Kong this time ~ It just worked out better that way because my whole family was here and most of my friends were going to attend this ceremony too ๐Ÿ™‚ It was a lovely night, got to spend time with my Master buddies (Eunice and Ellen) and share this special day with the people I care about the most~ Only regret is…Mr Bao had already gone back to Melbourne and he didn’t get to see me graduate ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

My Uni days lol

That was the end of a very important chapter of my life ~ and I have enjoyed every single minute of it! I was a bit of a nerd and hahaha wouldn’t be surprised if I went back to studying one day ๐Ÿ˜‰ But for now I think I’m ready for the next stage. I have been very fortunate given the market conditions and was offered a Graduate position at an IT firm and start as a Project Coordinator in May ~ I’m both excited and nervous about starting! ย Wish me luck everyone!

Source: Cool Free Images

Would also like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to some special people:

• Mr Bao – Thank you always being there for me ๐Ÿ™‚ Through the good and the extremely ugly and especially for reading though every single one of my essays/assignment. I know they must have bored you to death ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxo
  • Win Win – You are the rock in my life ~ someone I can always count on and who has supported every one of my decisions. Thanks Sis! Love you!
  • My parents – For supporting and providing me with everything ~
  • Sasa – Thanks for pulling so many all nighters with me to finish our assignments ~ I will never forget that time!
  • Dd – If it wasn’t because of you, I don’t think I would have been able to graduate from my Arts degree! Thank you for reading my criminology essays!
  • Qiao Qian – I remember studying Behavioural Studies with you ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for keeping in contact and becoming a very close friend of mine!
  • Shaun Shaun – For taking me to Uni for the first time and making sure I knew my way around ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • My Undergraduate buddies – Gareth, Ani, Nick, Joe, Terence and everyone else – Thanks for all those good times and helping me out when I needed it~
    My Postgraduate buddies – Mary, Eunice, Ellen, Ivan, Cindy, Chi Yao, Johnny, Hong, ย Angela, Kenneth and so many others – Thanks for being so friendly and making class so much more interesting!
  • All Monash University lecturers/staff – Especially Kimble, Peter, Jane and Steve – Thank you for spending all that time and effort to teach and inspire me.

I’m really sorry if I’ve left anyone out, I will never forget our time together and THANK YOU for everything ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope the very best for everyone and that we will always keep in touch!

Wanted to leave you all with a song ~

Advertisements

65 thoughts on “Graduation Ceremony and Thank You’s

1. Mary March 12, 2012 at 7:46 am Reply

yay. we are finally graduated ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for your detailed exam notes and accompany me for brunch and afternoon tea. i will never forget the days that we spent together at monash. i miss u so much!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:07 pm Reply

We’re finally ‘Graduates’ ๐Ÿ™‚ WOO HOO! You’re very welcome about the exam notes I’m so glad they were helpful to you! I miss you SO much! Please come back to Melbourne soon ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I miss having brunch and afternoon tea with you ~ Take care in NYC xoxo

2. Jeno @ Week Nite Meals March 12, 2012 at 8:36 am Reply

Daisy, congrats on getting your Master’s Degree, what a wonderful accomplishment, I am so excited for you! Hopefully you will enjoy this new chapter in your life as much as I do, I definitely like working a lot more than studying!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm Reply

Thank you Jeno ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so relieved that it’s all over now. I really hope I enjoy working too…because I’ve only ever really studied and have never worked full time ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Glamorous Glutton March 12, 2012 at 9:41 am Reply

Congratulations!! What a fabulous achievement. You must be very proud. GG

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:09 pm Reply

Thank you GG ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m very proud but at the same time nervous about starting the next stage of my life ~

4. Norma Chang March 12, 2012 at 10:41 am Reply

Congratulations!!!!! Good luck and best wishes in your new job.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:10 pm Reply

Thank you Norma ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll definitely need all the luck and wishes I can get for the next job ~

5. Fatboo March 12, 2012 at 11:58 am Reply

Hey, congratulations on finishing a chapter in your journey, Daisy. Must be so nice going through the ceremony with all your loved ones and friends! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:11 pm Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s definitely excited to finally graduate and fortunate to have so many friends attend the ceremony with me in HK ๐Ÿ™‚ Just hope the next chapters gonna be as exciting hehe ~

6. Hotly Spiced March 12, 2012 at 2:57 pm Reply

Congratulations Daisy. A masters degree! What an accomplishment. Your parents must be so proud. Best wishes for the new job too. I’m sure you’ll be an enormous asset to the company xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm Reply

Thanks Charlie ๐Ÿ™‚ My mum’s just glad i’m not studying anymore hahaha but dad’s extremely proud ~ I really hope I do well at the new job…i’m really starting to get nervous ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxo

7. cat March 12, 2012 at 3:00 pm Reply

CONGRATULATIONS DAISY! I am so happy for you! And yay for working in May, it’ll be nice to earn some money hehehe.. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm Reply

Thank you Cat ๐Ÿ™‚ Haahaha I totally agree! Being a foodie as a student/unemployed person really isn’t FUN ๐Ÿ˜›

8. Hannah March 12, 2012 at 3:01 pm Reply

Congratulations! And BAHAHAHA!!! We totally sang to that song at my year 6 graduation. That and Good Riddance ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm Reply

Thanks Hannah ๐Ÿ™‚ Hahaha same here! And this friend of mine was OBSESSED with it when we graduated from High School so it just stuck to me LOL

9. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella March 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm Reply

A big congratulations Daisy! What a wonderful achievement, we are so proud of you ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm Reply

Thank you Lorraine ๐Ÿ™‚ I was a little hesitant at first posting a non-food related blog post but I forgot how loving and lovely everyone is in the food blogging community ~ I’m so glad to be part of it now!!!

10. onebitemore March 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm Reply

Congratulations Daisy ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s such a great feeling to be graduated and to be able to look back on all of your hard work and say it was worth it! Best wishes for the next chapter in your life (I hope you get a little bit of time to rest and relax before starting work in May.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 9:23 pm Reply

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment ๐Ÿ™‚ it was definitely worth it ~ I really enjoyed studying but think it’s time work full time too hehe I’ve had a LONG holiday so that’s good ๐Ÿ˜€

11. Gerald Englebretsen March 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm Reply

That’s wonderful news. Well done.
    I look forward to more great foodie summaries and pics as only you do them.
    Roll on May and your new position.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm Reply

Thank you Gerald ๐Ÿ™‚ I look forward to sharing some more foodie adventures too and because I’m making more money it’ll definitely make it less stressful to go out and eat all the time ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m also hoping to make my way to Tassie again!

12. Tenille @ My Family Table March 12, 2012 at 9:06 pm Reply

Congratulations Daisy, that’s so awesome! I work for a University, and one of the nicest times around campus is when our grad ceremonies are on. Everyone is so excited, it’s really lovely. I’m glad you enjoyed your day.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 9:25 pm Reply

Thank you Tenille ๐Ÿ™‚ my sister is a Uni lecturer and she says the same thing it’s so wonderful when a batch of students graduate. I really enjoyed the ceremony ~

13. April March 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm Reply

BIg, big congratulations for getting your Masters! And congratulations on the new job! Best wishes for starting out there in the workforce… Hate to tell you this but Uni is better! Haha ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 9:25 pm Reply

Thank you April ๐Ÿ™‚ Uh-oh…i’ve heard that before HAHAHA that’s why I say I might go back to studying ONE DAY ๐Ÿ˜› I actually did my masters because the economy was so bad back in 2009 and hahaha I wasn’t ready to work…but now I think it’s finally time ๐Ÿ˜€

14. QQ March 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm Reply

aiya…Please, Daisy…there is no need to thank me…didn’t really help you with ur uni work since then …I’m really glad that we became close friends too~~!!!we’ve been through a lot actually…lol…can’t wait for u to be back~~!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 9:38 pm Reply

You may not have helped me ‘directly’ with my studies, you’ve definitely been there for me whenever I needed you ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad we did that ONE unit together and hahaha thanks to Gareth for introducing you to me ๐Ÿ˜€

We have definitely gone through a lot together so many birthdays, cries and laughing fit! Can’t wait to see you too ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Baker Street March 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm Reply

Congratulations Daisy! xx

16. Rice Bowl Tales March 12, 2012 at 11:10 pm Reply

Dear Daisy,

Read your post last night, wanted to come and give you a big pat on the back straight away, got hold up with varies tasks, now I can finally sit down with my coffee and say a big ” Congratulations ” to you !! What an achievement! Six years of university studies right after all those years of grueling high school examinations! You’re every parents model daughter. Our children are finishing Uni this summer, they couldn’t wait to leave education behind them!

So well done, now go and conquer the world, make lots of money and bring us back more sweet news ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm Reply

Dear Jane ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for the kind comment ~ I’m definitely NOT the model daughter. I was supposed to come out and work in 2009 but because the economy was so bad and I wasn’t ready, I asked my parents if I could do my Masters ๐Ÿ™‚ so poor Mr and Mrs Wong they’ve had to take care of me for another 2 years hahaha

Unlike most people I know, I actually really enjoyed Uni, learning about the things and meeting so many people. Thats why I’m serious when I say one day I might go back and study more or even teach ~ but right now I think I’m ready for the real world and to work full time ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m looking forward to making some money and definitely going to continue to share my dessert and eating adventures with you and everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

17. EatPlayShop March 12, 2012 at 11:54 pm Reply

Congratulations Daisy! Enjoy your time in HK before you join the workforce where there are NEVER ENOUGH HOLIDAYS!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 12, 2012 at 11:59 pm Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve heard that so many times I’m freaking out too hehe let’s hope I still have some holidays!

18. thehungrygiant March 13, 2012 at 12:23 am Reply

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog! ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope you can have your fair share of cheesecake soon. haha! And congratulations on finishing your Masters! Taking up my masters is something I hope to do in the near (or probably distant) future. ๐Ÿ˜€ And I agree with you, unemployment + being a foodie = difficult, so good luck on your new job! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 13, 2012 at 2:43 am Reply

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for coming back to mine! That’s so sweet of you! Hahaha yes being a foodie is an expensive HOBBY ๐Ÿ˜›

Hope you get around to doing your Masters too ๐Ÿ˜‰ I enjoyed it more than my undergraduate studies hehe ~

19. Hannah March 13, 2012 at 2:07 am Reply

thanks for coming by my blog! and congratulations! (:

20. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts March 13, 2012 at 7:01 am Reply

Congrats!! Graduating is a huge accomplishment!

21. Stephanie March 13, 2012 at 12:17 pm Reply

Congratulations, Daisy!

22. andy1076 March 13, 2012 at 3:27 pm Reply

Just passing by and I read your post! congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 1:36 am Reply

Thank you Andy for dropping by ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s a great feeling to finally finish something ~

• andy1076 March 14, 2012 at 4:17 am Reply

You’re welcome! off to the next part now huh? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 4:23 am Reply

Not yet ๐Ÿ˜› i start work in May so still have a little bit of a break ~ i checked out your blog very interesting things u share!

• andy1076 March 14, 2012 at 4:25 am Reply

Thank you for stopping by my blog ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you are going to take a well deserved vacay? you certainly earned it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 4:30 am Reply

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ You share some really interesting thoughts about life ~ are you from Singapore? I’m definitely having a LONG vacation hehe

• andy1076 March 14, 2012 at 4:52 am Reply

Actually, I’m here in Vancouver, Canada ๐Ÿ™‚ originally moved up from Chile, South America though! so anywhere in mind to celebrate your victory? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 4:56 am Reply

Oh sorry I thought you were from Singapore ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve never visited Canada but I was nearly born there ๐Ÿ˜› my parents wanted to migrate there but at the last minute chose Melbourne ~ Thanks for following!

I’ve been in HK for a couple of months and then going to Taiwan few days before going back to Melb ~

• andy1076 March 14, 2012 at 4:59 am Reply

Taiwan, That’s where I was born! great food and fun night life! I hope you are ready for all the great treats ๐Ÿ˜‰ Melbourne huh? it’s summer all year long there isn’t it?

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 5:01 am

Do you have Twitter ๐Ÿ™‚ my twitter handle is DaisyNTSFM might be easier to chat through there hehe ~ You’re originally from Taiwan? ๐Ÿ˜€ it’s one of my favourite places in the world hehe love all the food and people there!

It’s not summer all year round hehe I wish it was ๐Ÿ˜› our weather is so temperamental it we can have four seasons in a DAY~

• andy1076 March 14, 2012 at 5:07 am

Found you on twitter ๐Ÿ™‚ Yep, I was born in Taiwan then we moved to Chile and after 8 years there we moved up to Vancouver, Canada. I guess you can say I get around quite a lot lol!

23. Choc Chip Uru March 13, 2012 at 7:31 pm Reply

Congrats congrats congrats ๐Ÿ˜€
    How wonderful for you my friend!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 2:08 am Reply

Thank you for your kind comment ~ So glad it’s finally over hehe but not too excited about working full time! Please wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜€

24. Elizabeth March 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm Reply

The carrot cake with ginger ice cream looks fabulous!

25. Ellen Wong March 14, 2012 at 5:16 am Reply

I will miss u in HK~

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 14, 2012 at 5:23 am Reply

Thanks for stopping by my blog ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll miss you too in Melbourne! Come visit me soon!

26. libishski March 14, 2012 at 9:46 pm Reply

Congrats on graduating and for scoring what sounds like an amazing job. WELL DONE! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 15, 2012 at 3:27 am Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve been so lucky! i never thought I’d get a job and I thought I was going to be unemployed and have to do even MORE studying HAHAHA ~

27. Nami | Just One Cookbook March 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm Reply

Sorry I’m late, but I still want to congratulate on your achievement! Congrats Daisy!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 19, 2012 at 12:56 am Reply