Happy Valentine’s Day – Baileys Cheesecake

Happy Valentine’s Day my dear readers, friends and family who read this blog!

I am so excited about sharing my second recipe ย ๐Ÿ™‚ But it’s not really my recipe to share hehe because I did a cake learning lesson and the shop has kindly given me the permission to share their recipe ~

I always try to make something for Mr Bao for Valentine’s day, it was almond chocolate truffles the first year, Oreo truffles last year and this year because we’re in HK and I couldn’t be bothered with washing, Win Win (my sister) and I decided to enrol ourselves into cake making lessons to save us the time and hassle from baking at home ๐Ÿ™‚ Hahaha you might have noticed by now I’m a very lazy person ๐Ÿ˜›

Happy Valentine's Day dearest Mr Bao~

I chose to make a Bailey’s cheesecake, because Mr Bao loves cheesecake but doesn’t like ones that are overly sweet (gosh he’s so Asian :P).

Recipe: Baileys Cheesecake
Adapted from Creative Cake Workshopย
Yields a 6inch cake

Ingredients
Cream Cheese 250 grams
Caster Sugar 68 grams
Thickened Cream 200 grams
Cocoa Power 1 Tablespoon
Bailey’s Irish Cream 2-3 Tablespoons (I used 5 tablespoons hope it wont be too strong)
Gelatine Leaves 13 grams
Water 65 grams
Digestive biscuits/Graham crackers 80 grams
Unsalted Butter 65 grams

Additional:
Fruit of your choice to decorate the cake
– Strawberries
– Blueberries
– Grapes
– Cherries

Method
1) Place digestive biscuits into a ziplock bag and hit it with a rolling-pin or mix it in a food processor until it is well crushed and resembles sand.
2) Melt butter and slowly add it to the crushed biscuits. Mix well until it resembles wet sand and tip mixture into aย thoroughly greasedย 6 inch cake tin.
3) Press the cake base ย into the tin using the back of a spoon, until it is smooth and levelled . Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
4) Whip cream using an electric mixer until it is thickens and set aside.
5) Whip cream cheese, cocoa power and caster sugar in a separate bowl until it is well incorporated.
6) In a small bowl soak the gelatine leaves in ice-cold water (important!). Using a double boiler method, place water into a glass or stainless steel bowl over a simmering pot of water, place soaked gelatine leaves into the bowl and mix until gelatine leaves have dissolved.
7) Using a spatula mix the cream cheese and whipped cream together. Pour mixture into the prepared cake tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.

I translated this from Chinese so I’m sorry if it’s not very accurate, I’ve tried my best ๐Ÿ™‚

The lovely ladies cut the strawberries and grapes so nicely!

We were very lucky the lovely ladies that taught us cut the strawberries and grapes very nicely so it made decorating the cake so easy ๐Ÿ™‚

I was so nervous about writing on the cake using chocolate ~ I’ve done it before, but the cake was so pretty I didn’t want to ruin it lol I swear I had to hold my breath cause I was so nervous! Thank god it turned out looking better than I expected ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr Bao looks happy enough ๐Ÿ™‚

I gave the cake to Mr Bao tonight and he seemed happy enough ๐Ÿ˜› we’re saving it for tomorrow, so neither of us have tried it. I’ll let you know if he’s still this happy after trying it ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy Valentine’s Day my dearest! We have gone through so many highs and lows together ~ Thank you for always supporting me and my crazy ideas and decisions!

Even though some people don’t really like Valentine’s day and think it’s too commercialised *smiles sheepishly* I really like having one day in the year, where we get to spoil our other half, give chocolates and just fill the whole day with LOVE ๐Ÿ˜€

I really hope you all have a fabulous Valentine’s day with your loved ones whether it be your husband, boyfriend, friend, sister, son or dog ๐Ÿ™‚

And just before I head off to bed ๐Ÿ™‚ I wanted to share with you one of my favourite songs – Valentine by Kina Grannis ~

Advertisements

Tagged: , , ,

38 thoughts on “Happy Valentine’s Day – Baileys Cheesecake

1. Norma Chang February 14, 2012 at 5:27 am Reply

Gorgeously decorated cake. Glad Mr Bao is all smiles. He will be smiling even more after tasting the cake. Happy Valentines Day to you and Mr. Bao

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm Reply

Thank you Norma! Really hope he likes it ~ hope you have a lovely valentines day with your loved ones too ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Sandra February 14, 2012 at 6:23 am Reply

This looks incredibly delicious! Thanks for sharing. Happy V-Day to you guys

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm Reply

Thank for coming by my blog ๐Ÿ˜‰ happy valentines day too ~

3. Anastasia February 14, 2012 at 7:00 am Reply

Looks gorgeous!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reply

Thanks! Turned out better than I expected ๐Ÿ˜‰ happy vday!!!

4. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella February 14, 2012 at 7:30 am Reply

Happy Valentines Day! And that doesn’t look like a lazy person’s cake at all, it looks fabulous! And I know, it is so nerve wracking writing in chocolate on top of a cake!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reply

Happy valentines day Lorraine! Any plans with Mr NQN? I m lazy! Lol I did a cake lesson :p

5. Glamorous Glutton February 14, 2012 at 8:54 am Reply

Great looking cake, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine Day. GG

6. Hotly Spiced February 14, 2012 at 2:39 pm Reply

Congrats on such a good result. That’s an amazing cake and it almost looks too good to cut into. Well done! And you did a great job with the lettering because I know that’s not easy to do and you need such a steady hand and it’s so easy to screw it up. You should be very proud of your cake!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 7:05 pm Reply

Thanks Charlie ๐Ÿ™‚ You are so kind! You’re such a fantastic baker and for you to think this cake looks pretty ~ I’m happy! I just really hope it tastes as good as it looks! Happy Valentine’s Day!

7. Nic@diningwithastud February 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm Reply

YUM! Stud loves Baileys so I’ll have to give this a go ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 7:05 pm Reply

Hey Nic ๐Ÿ™‚ definitely give this recipe a try ๐Ÿ˜€ hope you like it! Happy Valentine’s Day!

8. Katherine Martinelli February 14, 2012 at 7:44 pm Reply

Wow, this looks amaaaaazing!!! Mr. Bao is a lucky man ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Valentine’s Day!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm Reply

Thanks for dropping by Katherine ๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely going to make the strawberries sometime soon ~ He sure is a lucky man hahaha but I’m very lucky to have him too ~

9. Tenille @ My Family Table February 14, 2012 at 9:56 pm Reply

Mr Bao does look happy! And the cake is so cute! Happy Valentines day to you, hope it was lovely.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 15, 2012 at 4:51 am Reply

Hello Tenille ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so glad Mr Bao liked the cake~ I was a little worried hehe but i think i went a little overboard with the Baileys ~ But he liked the strong kick yay ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you had a fab V day too ~

10. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 15, 2012 at 5:51 am Reply

That looks amazing and even more delicious with the pretty fruit ontop! I need to get creative like that.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 15, 2012 at 7:11 pm Reply

Thanks Heather for the lovely comment and dropping by my blog ๐Ÿ™‚ I didn’t cut the fruit so I can’t take credit for that ~ But i think it’s always nice to decorate a cake regardless.

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s day ๐Ÿ˜›

11. Nami | Just One Cookbook February 15, 2012 at 6:21 am Reply

Mr. Bao looks VERY HAPPY indeed! Wah… I’m so scared to make cakes and you did an amazing job! I know I would screw up on writing on the cake…after spending so much time making it. I’m too terrified to try. Hope you two had a nice V-day!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 15, 2012 at 7:16 pm Reply

Hello Nami ๐Ÿ™‚ you shouldn’t be scared of making cakes~ The cakes that you’ve made and shared with us on your blog look amazing!
      Writing on a cake is definitely a difficult task, but I guess like everything practice makes perfect!

Hope you and your husband had a romantic V day too ๐Ÿ˜€

12. penny aka jeroxie February 15, 2012 at 9:21 pm Reply

Amazing looking cake! nice one ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Miss Kimbers @ Fruit Salad and Mixed Veg February 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm Reply

What a beautiful cake! You did a good job with the writing. I would have been so scared to write on it, needing to correct it many times, which would end up in a mess.

14. kellysiew February 16, 2012 at 3:08 am Reply

Some of the fruits look like little crowns – too cute! Such a professional looking cake too! Happy Vday to you and Mr Bao ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Jill | Dulce Dough February 16, 2012 at 6:04 am Reply

Lucky Mr. Bao! Your cake is gorgeous! I love all the pretty fruit on top!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 16, 2012 at 6:19 am Reply

Thanks Jill ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank god he liked the cake woo hoo and I can’t take credit for the fruit because I didn’t cut it ~ Hope you had a lovely Vday too ๐Ÿ˜€

16. Angela @ Mind Over Batter February 16, 2012 at 6:41 am Reply

I love baileys anything; but you added it to cheesecake. I think I love you.. No, really… I do…

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 16, 2012 at 6:48 am Reply

Hello Angela ๐Ÿ™‚ nice to meet you! I just checked out your blog ~ definitely bookmarking it!

Thanks I’m glad you liked the recipe ~ Do give it a go and let me know how it went! I think I went overboard with the Baileys a little too strong ๐Ÿ˜›

17. bakingaddict February 16, 2012 at 10:57 am Reply

Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day!! Mr Bao looks very happy with this cheesecake – he is very lucky to have you ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been going to a few classes recently and am loving it! I’m sure this cake tastes as good as it looks.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 16, 2012 at 6:35 pm Reply

Thanks Ros ๐Ÿ™‚ Mr Bao was indeed very happy ~ YAY woo hoo! I’m going for another lesson sometime soon again ๐Ÿ™‚ I think classes are great to help you fine tune the techniques ~ But i’m still an amateur compared to you!!!

18. Cakelaw February 16, 2012 at 5:14 pm Reply

Yum! I’d love to have a slice of this gorgeous cheesecake. Hope you had a fab V Day.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 16, 2012 at 6:37 pm Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you had a wonderful V Day too ~ I’m just glad Mr Bao liked the cake hehe

19. Sandra February 17, 2012 at 4:32 am Reply

Daisy the cheesecake looks so good. I don’t make them very often because they are way too much temptation. Glad Mr. Bao liked it and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind (and funny) comment.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 17, 2012 at 4:42 am Reply

Hello Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for dropping by! I know what you mean! Thank gosh it was only a 6inch cake so relatively small hehe and we didn’t have the whole cake to ourselves ~
      Since you liked the comment ๐Ÿ˜› does that mean I’m invited next year to your V day celebrations?!? Pretty please!

20. Jennifer (Delicieux) February 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm Reply

What an amazing job you did of decorating the cheesecake. It looks like something from a professional bakery! Fabulous job!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 25, 2012 at 4:37 am Reply

Sorry jennifer I just saw this lovely comment ๐Ÿ™‚ I got a lot of help to make this cake so it’s not really my credit hehe