Taiwan’s Surprise – Lindarico Cafe

I love trying random cafes and restaurants when I travel, it’s super exciting when they turn out to be amazing and entice me to go back another time ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s why I’m shocked that I’ve taken this long to post about Lindarico Cafe in Kaohsiung! My bad hehe I’ve been trying out all these other great places in HK, that I simply forgot all about this fantastic cafe! But I did not forget about the AMAZING 3.5 inch chocolate cake!

Little bit about how we found Lindarico Cafe, Win Win and I decided to check out the new EDA World shopping centre,ย to see if were able to get any good bargains. The shopping wasn’t that great…they had all the big brands… the styles and prices just weren’t attractive enough >_< after walking for nearly 3 hours…we thought it was time we sat down at a cafe.

Strangely enough there weren’t many options and Lindarico Cafe was the closest one to us, so we decided to give it a go. Best decision we’ve made in Koahsiung hehe!

Blueberry Cheesecake and Strawberry Cheesecake $150 TWD ($4.8 AUD)

We ordered the Blueberry Cheesecake because Win Win and I are crazy about them and we’re still on our search for the BEST cheesecake :). Unfortunately the cheesecake wasn’t outstanding… a good piece but nothing special and I would’ve liked the base to be a little thicker ~

3.5 inch Chocolate Cake $350 TWD ($11.23 AUD)

This would have to be the BEST chocolate cake I’ve had in 2011!!! It’s basically a mini 3-layer chocolate cake, where each layer is filled with this delicious ganache that made the cake so so moist! It’s then topped with some crazily good crepe flavoured biscuits crumbs! Simply DIVINE! I really detest dry spongy cakes so this was perfect! Even my other sister (she wants to stay anonymous lol) who doesnt’ really like chocolate cake, kept coming back for more!

They have a stand up poster with information about the cake, saying its fully hand made and they only use Barry Callebautย chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocao. I did my own desktop research and found out Barry Callebaut is one of the world’s largest chocolate manufacturer, but funny enough I’ve never heard of them before ๐Ÿ™‚ either way they produced some damn good chocolate!

Latte $95 TWD ($3 AUD)

I also got a Latte even though it looks nice and all, it was a little bit on the watery side and I couldn’t really taste the coffee, a disappointment because I was so enthusiastic after trying the chocolate cake ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Oh yeah I forgot to mention this cafe is adjacent to their own Lindarico clothing store ~ it was kinda of weird see people walking in and trying clothes while we had our cakes and coffee ~

Clothing store within a cafe lol

I’m still a little confused to whether Lindarico is a Taiwanese brand or a foreign brand, I wasn’t able to find an official website for Lindarico or Lindarico Cafe. Doesn’t matter, I’m just thrilled I got to try their famous chocolate cake. Damn! If only I could get my hands on the recipe ๐Ÿ˜€

Hmmm… not sure I would recommend anyone to go EDA World Shopping Centre but…that’s the only place you’ll find Lindarico Cafe…tough decision that I’m gonna leave in your capable hands ๐Ÿ™‚

Lindarico Cafe
Area B, Level 2
No. 153 Section 1
Xuecheng Road
Dashu District
Kaosiung 840
Taiwan
840้ซ˜้›„ๅธ‚ๅคงๆจนๅ€ๅญธๅŸŽ่ทฏไธ€ๆฎต12่™Ÿย

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , ,

28 thoughts on “Taiwan’s Surprise – Lindarico Cafe

1. mrbaobao January 4, 2012 at 3:22 am Reply

I think it’s amazing to find such a nice cafe becoz I remembered you told me it was a bit of hassle for the producers to find a decent cafe in Taipei to illustrate the luxious angle in Taiwanese drama. And the only one u said they relied on was in Breeze Square~ whereas in here you could surprisely find such a good cafe! Good job foodie:)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 4:49 am Reply

Hey hahaha you a comment hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ yeah i know i was pretty surprised that I found such a good place here! YAY!!!
      Damn you didn’t go with us if not we could’ve went together hehe you would’ve really liked it!

2. Eileen้ปƒๆ„›็Žฒ January 4, 2012 at 5:50 am Reply

Wow, I should make sure to remember this place. I never got to visit the south of Taiwan. Thank you for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 5:51 am Reply

Thanks for the support! I know you’ve read and liked a couple of my posts! Hope you get the chance to go to Taiwan again soon ๐Ÿ™‚

3. bakingaddict January 4, 2012 at 9:18 am Reply

Love trying random cafes and restaurants when travelling too! that chocolate cake looks amazing!! I’ve never heard of Barry Callebaut chocolate before but must look out for it.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:03 pm Reply

Neither have I but I heard from others that Barry Callebeaut chocolate is top notch hehe i really really really WANT the recipe!

4. Adrian (Food Rehab) January 4, 2012 at 10:31 am Reply

Wowzer! Thatโ€™s one big chocolate cake! I can see why you loved it. If you happen to get the recipe, please send it to me ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm Reply

Definitely! I’m gonna try my best to find the recipe or at least replicate it and hahaha it’s not really that big, sure I’m sure I can finish the whole thing myself ๐Ÿ˜›

5. Nic@diningwithastud January 4, 2012 at 11:40 am Reply

Thats choc cake looks/sounds divine! Im a sucker for chocolate cake and the fact that it has leyers? Oh baby! YUM

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm Reply

SAME but it’s so hard to find good chocolate cakes! I hate those that are so dry an crumbly!

6. Cupcake Crazy Gem January 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm Reply

Wow well if you love marshmallows and chocolate then anything s’mores should be right up your street! We used only Barry Callebaut at the cheesecake company I worked at over the summer, you’re right – it is THE best chocolate! that pic of your choc cake is making me too hungry right now!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm Reply

I can’t wait to try some when I go to New York next week ๐Ÿ™‚ ooo you worked for a cheesecake company!!! Nice!!! I miss that chocolate cake too ~

7. April@MyFoodTrail January 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm Reply

If I ever make it to Taiwan, I’m going to have to try the 3.5inch chocolate cake! Looks so decadent!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm Reply

You’ve gotta make a trip ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s a fantastic place! And definitely try this 3.5 inch cake I love the size ahhahaa not too big and not too small JUST RIGHT ~ I’m so greedy!

8. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella January 4, 2012 at 5:32 pm Reply

That chocolate cake looks amazing! And Cocoa Barry is what Adriano Zumbo uses and the brand that he will represent this year ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:14 pm Reply

It was amazing wish i could find it in Hong Kong or Melbourne…still figuring how to replicate it and hahaha i want a 3.5 inch mould ๐Ÿ™‚ now that you’ve mentioned it, I think I remember reading something about Zumbo and a new chocolate brand ~

9. Nami | Just One Cookbook January 4, 2012 at 5:37 pm Reply

Hi Daisy! So happy to see your post about Taiwan (well, I should say Kaohsiung!). ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve never been or heard of this place. But it’s good to remember for my next trip. Never know when I am in this area. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’d also order this chocolate cake. 3.5 inch cake? Wow…. looks delicious and I can’t wait to try it one day!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 4, 2012 at 7:15 pm Reply

hello Nami ๐Ÿ™‚ when are you going back? You’ve gotta go next time! Shopping not great but this cafe and the food AMAZING!!! Think you’ll have to order two for your family hehe cuz i don’t think one will be enough to keep the kids happy ๐Ÿ˜€

10. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake January 5, 2012 at 12:39 am Reply

I’ve never been to Taiwan but I’ve always been wanting to go! The chocolate cake looks totally delicious…I’m getting hungry!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 5, 2012 at 2:44 am Reply

Hello Jenny ๐Ÿ™‚ You’ve gotta go! You’ll have so much fun I’m sure! With all the food hehe and I really want to get the recipe ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I’m gonna try my best to replicate it! But hahaha i’d prob fail quite a few times ๐Ÿ˜›

11. Lan January 5, 2012 at 1:15 am Reply

anything miniature is automatically great. seriously, that chocolate cake looks delectable.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 5, 2012 at 2:43 am Reply

I’m with you on that one ๐Ÿ™‚ Anything miniature is great hehe I wonder when I’ll find a comparable chocolate cake ~

12. hotlyspiced January 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm Reply

That is a very yummy looking chocolate cake made from very fine ingredients. What a stroke of luck to stumble upon this cafe.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm Reply

I know! I’ve been really lucky with cafes lately ๐Ÿ™‚ most things I’ve tried are quite good hehe

13. msihua January 5, 2012 at 6:55 pm Reply

Yum! Looks like a pretty cake shop!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 5, 2012 at 8:08 pm Reply

Definitely pretty shop and I’m still reminiscing the chocolate cake ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Flick Your Food January 6, 2012 at 12:18 am Reply

wow, big call- best chocolate cake in the world. It looks amazing, I just wish the cafe was a little closer to try!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 6, 2012 at 1:35 am Reply

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment ๐Ÿ™‚
      I know! Only bad thing about finding good things when travelling you can’t take it home! >_<