Birthday Celebrations – Ganache High Tea

Yesterday was an important day, it was my BIRTHDAY hehe :) I admit my Dearest Readers, I’m one of those attention-seeking friends and love celebrating my birthday with all my loved ones! Usually my birthday celebrations last for at least a week…but it’s quite often that they will last for a month :P

Ganache high tea

I got lucky and my birthday was a public holiday, because Australia day landed on a Sunday so we got the Monday off as well YAY! So i definitely made the most of this long weekend, the first birthday celebration started with a high tea with my fellow blogger friends at Ganache on Toorak Rd. It’s one of my favourite chocolate cafes in Melbourne so I was thrilled when they told me, they could do a high tea for me in their back room.

For $30 each we all started with a glass of champers followed by a traditional high tea set with savoury and sweets and of course a choice between the famously delicious hot chocolate, tea or chocolate infused chai tea ~

Look at us with our cameras hehe

Look at us with our cameras hehe

Ta Da! This was our high tea set, with a full plate of freshly made sandwiches on the bottom with roast chicken and smoked salmon. It was then followed by quiche with goats chesse and another with tomato, it had a smooth texture. But what we all really enjoyed was the Parisian tea cake which is an almond topped with chocolate, hazelnuts or cranberries. It was so moist and lightly dense and not too sweet for my blogger friends :P

Ganache high tea

On the very top layer was a range of they signature gateaux cakes with hazelnut fan slice, brownie mousse slice, rapsberry chocolate mousse and passionfruit and mango. They’re all so delicious but the hazelnut fan slice was by far my top pick.

Gateaux YUM!

Gateaux YUM!

As if we didn’t have enough food, there was also two stands full of macarons, chocolate pralines and Swiss chocolate muffins. The texture of the macarons were wonderful, especially the dark chocolate macaron. We had so much food, we were all given paper boxes to take things home, so even though Mr Bao didn’t come he tried a little bit of everything hehe

Macaron Ganache

Macarons goes best with hot chocolate :) They actually make the hot chocolates using a Ganache base which is why it’s super smooth, rich and utterly wonderful!

Ganache Hot chocolate

I was honestly so spoilt that day, because I outsourced my camera duties to Agnes who took all the photos for this post thank you! And then BBFF Shellie totally outdid herself again but making an AMAZING Thai Milk Tea crepe cake!!!

Thai Milk Tea Crepe Cake

Thai Milk Tea Crepe Cake

There were so many layers, I swear there’s at least over 25 crepes to make this cake!!! I can’t thank Shellie enough I’ve been gushing over this cake since she’s made it and posted it on her Instagram :)

Thai Milk Tea Crepe cake

If you like Thai Milk Tea you’ll definitely like this crepe cake, especially when paired with the Thai Milk Tea drizzle, if you’re game enough and have the patience Shellie has already blogged the recipe here ~

IMG_0367

Absolutely loved the cake and thanks Ash for taking this photo for me :) One of my favourite birthday photos yet!

My Dear Blogmily :)

My Dear Blogmily :)

Awwww Thanh closed his eyes in this pic! But this is my blogmily :) Thanks so much everyone for coming! Hope you all had fun and I still think starting my blog and getting to know you guys was the best decision I’ve made!

Ganache Chocolate on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

39 thoughts on “Birthday Celebrations – Ganache High Tea

1. La valise de louise January 29, 2014 at 8:22 am Reply

Happy belated Birthday – lovely pictures!

2. andy1076 January 29, 2014 at 8:40 am Reply

Happy bday Daisy!! :)

3. Iron Chef Shellie January 29, 2014 at 11:56 am Reply

Lol there is only 13 layers :P
    Agnes did an excellent job!

Happy birthday again BBFF xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:15 am Reply

HAHHAA really? Only 13 layers? wow! And she definitely did now only if I could outsource it more :P Thank you again for the amazing cake love!! xox

4. hotlyspiced January 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm Reply

Happy, happy birthday, Daisy! I love your dress; it’s very pretty. That high tea looks like one of the better ones I’ve seen. It’s very generous with the portions and reasonably priced too. I also love the crepe cake – how clever is your friend! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:19 am Reply

Thank you so much Charlie :) I really like that playsuit too hehe I wasn’t sure how well the purple and yellow was going to go with my skin tone but it did so yay for me! It was definitely a great high tea and very reasonably priced! Hope yo come down to Melbourne and visit me soon!

5. MoMo & Coco Dessert Correspondents January 29, 2014 at 2:31 pm Reply

Happy Birthday! Such a lovely idea for your birthday – wishing you lots of desserts and sweet treats for the upcoming year from a fellow dessert addict :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:20 am Reply

Thank you very much fellow dessert lovers :) I hope I can out do myself this year and eat even more desserts than ever hehe

6. Monique January 29, 2014 at 2:46 pm Reply

Happy Birthday!! That high tea looks amazing!

7. shootingvienna January 30, 2014 at 3:28 am Reply

Happy belated Birthday ;) omg this thai tea crepe cake looks amazing, I have to show the recipe to my bf. We are crazy about thai tea :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:26 am Reply

Thanks heaps :) I think you should totally twist your boyfriends arm and ask him to make it for you because it’s simply amazing!

8. Choc Chip Uru January 30, 2014 at 9:23 am Reply

Happy birthday! You celebrate in style, what a gorgeous selection of treats :D

CCU

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:26 am Reply

I try to celebrate in style hehe :) Thanks lovely hope you’ve been doing well!

9. Tina @ bitemeshowme January 30, 2014 at 9:46 am Reply

i adore how closely knit you bloggers are. its so cute. hope you had a lovely birthday daisy xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:26 am Reply

Thanks love :) Yes it’s really nice how we’re all friends and quite close we’re either seeing each other at events, or we’re doing house parties and just having heaps of fun! xo

10. Hannah January 30, 2014 at 11:16 am Reply

Aw, happy birthday! So much happy! So much sugar! Yay for you!

11. Nessy Eater January 30, 2014 at 4:43 pm Reply

Happy Birthday Daisy! Looks like you had such a magnificent time. That Thai Milk Tea crepe cake that Shellie made is MIND-BLOWING :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 31, 2014 at 10:27 am Reply

Thank you very much! That cake was seriously the bomb and the high light of the WHOLE hightea!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reply

Thank you heaps!!! :) The crepe cake was definitely one of the high lights!

12. Agnes January 31, 2014 at 12:17 pm Reply

You are welcome – I’m glad the photos turned out okay :) Hope you had a great birthday!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:13 pm Reply

I had an amazing birthday :) And can’t wait for more celebrations in HK :P

13. Julie February 1, 2014 at 12:19 am Reply

happy birthday again my dearie! the $30 is such a good deal!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reply

Thank you my love! It was an awesome offer and so much good food!

14. Sara (Belly Rumbles) (@bellyrumbles) February 2, 2014 at 2:02 am Reply

Happy Birthday Daisy! Looks like you had an amazing and delicious one.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reply

Thank you so much Sara :) I had such an amazing birthday now going to have even MORE celebrations in HK when I go back hehe!

15. gourmetgetaway February 3, 2014 at 10:24 am Reply

Happy Birthday Daisy!!
    What a delicious assortment of treats, great way to celebrate your birthday!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:17 pm Reply

Thank you so much Julie :) I always love celebrating with my friends and eating loads of chocolate and cake hehe! Hope you’ve been well!

16. Helen | Grab Your Fork February 3, 2014 at 12:15 pm Reply

Happy birthday Daisy! And that Thai milk crepe cake looks incredible!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:18 pm Reply

Thanks heaps Helen :) You’e gotta find a way to try the Thai Milk tea crepe cake! Its simple so amazing!

17. Winston February 3, 2014 at 10:21 pm Reply

Awww I love that group photo of you guyssss… Happy belated birthday again, Daisy! So glad to hear you had a blast with a multitude of celebrations. You deserved every single one =) Wishing you all the best in the coming year!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:29 pm Reply

The group photo was one of my favourite too :) I had so much fun and so loved and spoilt by all my friends! Can’t wait to celebrate more with you tomorrow at Hwaro!

18. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella February 5, 2014 at 7:50 pm Reply

Happy belated Birthday Daisy! You look fabulous in those pics and your dress is so pretty too! I really enjoyed my trip to Ganache a few years ago too :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 7, 2014 at 3:30 pm Reply

Thank you Lorraine :) I had so much fun and hehe it’s actually a playsuit and I’m glad the colours suit me cuz I don’t normally have this much colour hehe

19. Ashley (I'm So Hungree) March 6, 2014 at 11:51 am Reply

Gosh so behind with my blog reading! Love your food photos here, makes me want to go back, hehe! :) Was really a fun day, can’t wait to catch up with you again!