Ice-cream Party – Movenpick QV

Hello my Dearest Readers :) hope you’ve had a nice weekend and if you’re in Melbourne enjoyed the wonderful weather we had yesterday! It was sunny, warm but not too hot with a cool breeze! It’s probably the best day we’ve had for a while! Last week was down right miserable wet and gloomy. Hopefully, the wonderful weather will continue, I mean it is Spring after all!

Movenpick QV Store

Movenpick QV Store

Spring will lead into Summer which means ICE CREAM season :D It’s more of an excuse for me to consume more than I already do hehe Last week, I was invited to the Movenpick launch party for their newest boutique store in QV Building in the CBD. They are situated on the top level in the open area where all the other eateries are.

Lolly Buffet Table

Lolly Buffet Table

I invited Ashley and Kirk to come to the launch party with me, Mr Bao unfortunately had to work even though he would’ve loved to come as he’s a fan of Movenpick ice-cream ~ As soon as we walked in, we were welcomed by this enormous Lolly Buffet Table with all different kind of lollies, meringues, chocolates and those addictive caramel popcorn.

IMG_8458

Do you like pouring sauce over your ice-cream? I love pouring chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and heaps of chocolate chips over hehe yes I am still a child at heart and occasionally act like one.

Espresso Martini with coffee ice-cream

Espresso Martini with coffee ice-cream

No party is complete without  alcohol, so we started off with an Espresso Martini that uses their Espresso Croquant flavour it’s got a good hit of coffee and creaminess from the ice-cream. It was more like an affogato ~

Smiley Sam from MKR

Smiley Sam from MKR

I thought I saw someone familiar when we walked in, turns out Smiley Sam from MKR was hosting the event and explained to us that this was Movenpicks 18th store in Australia and the first concept store in Melbourne :) It’s good now that Movenpick is easily available in most supermarkets, I remember it use to be was quite exclusive and I had to go to specific stores and delis to get it.

Crispy prawn, mini burgers and macarons

Crispy prawn, mini burgers and macarons

We continued with some savouries and macarons before we hit the ice-cream station ~ we were all really impressed with the fried prawn which was so succulent and crispy on the outside, and the super cute sliders with a mini beef patty, melted cheese, bacon and tomoto relish. We then tried some of the macarons, really good texture but we couldn’t really tell what the flavours were hehe i think one was pistachio, gingerbread and raspberry white chocolate.

Decisions decision decision

Decisions decisions decisions

Then it was the hard bit, which flavours do we get! In a cone, in a cup, fruit based or chocolate based? So hard to choose! I wanted to try all of them but hahaha I had a dinner party at our place that night so had to save some stomach space.

Round One -  Maple Walnut, Caramelita and Strawberry

Round One – Maple Walnut, Caramelita and Strawberry

After some serious deliberation for round one I chose the Maple Walnut which is my favourite flavour the sweet maple with the crunchy walnuts through it. Kirk chose the strawberry and Ash got the Caramelita, can’t believe it’s actually the first time I’ve had this flavour. It has my name all over it with streaks of caramel through the ice-cream :D

Round Two - Swiss Chocolate, Panna Cotta, Creme brûlée

Round Two – Swiss Chocolate, Panna Cotta, Creme brûlée

We quickly finished the first cup and moved onto the round two the more unique flavours, I got the Swiss Chocolate flavour, it’s Win Win’s favourite she loves the dark rich chocolatey flavour. We also tried the panna cotta and creme brûlée flavour I was really impressed with the slight burnt caramelised flavour achieved in the creme brûlée :)

Last round - Strawberry ice cream with balsamic vinegar, mango sorbet and vanilla bean with coconut

Last round – Strawberry ice cream with balsamic vinegar, mango sorbet and vanilla bean with coconut

Last round we tried the even fancier ice-creams, starting with the strawberry ice-cream with balsamic vinegar and fresh strawberries I never use to think that this combination will work but it sure does! The mango sorbet was tangy and refreshing with a little tuile biscuits. Finally it was Mr Bao’s favourite vanilla ice-cream sprinkled with flaked coconut, simple but delicious.

Cute doll made out of balloons!

Cute doll made out of balloons!

It was definitely an honour to be invited to Movenpick’s launch party, it had good music, wine but most important unlimited ice-cream and lollies :D There were lots to keeps the kids amused too look at this super cute doll made out of balloons! I appreciate the time and effort put into make Movenpick’s ice-cream, they ensure than an element of their flavour is in the ice-cream for instance in the Maple Walnut there will always be walnuts through it.

Movenpick QV Boutique
QV Level 2/ 210 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Vic
Ph: +613 9654 4423

Daisy@Nevertoosweet attended Movenpick QV’s launch party as a guest of Movenpick Australia and Get Glossy.

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

40 thoughts on “Ice-cream Party – Movenpick QV

1. Libby September 23, 2013 at 5:08 pm Reply

Oooh I don’t mind a bit of ice cream! I may be tempted to swing by the Movenpick store at Shoppingtown this weekend – after I’ve had my Bing Boy, of course!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 11:10 am Reply

That sounds like a great idea! :) I’m so bad always forget that we have Movenpick in Doncaster hahaha

2. missemzyy September 23, 2013 at 5:17 pm Reply

Love Movenpick and their chocolate mint ice cream! Im eager to try their maple walnut- looks delicious! Cant believe you got to see Smiley Sam!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 11:25 am Reply

Ohh i haven’t tried their chocolate mint ice-cream before but I think I’m going to if you say it’s very good :) Because I’m so boring and always get their Maple Walnut hahaha yes it was so nice to meet him!

3. Michelle @ The Bakeanista September 23, 2013 at 6:48 pm Reply

Lucky you indeed!!! I could do with some ice cream now…. Hmmm!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 11:26 am Reply

I’m more than happy to buy you some :) Because you deserve all the ice-cream you want this week! xox

4. eilxrrr September 23, 2013 at 9:00 pm Reply

omgsh yummm! i love movenpick icecream awww even sweeter with the lolly buffet !

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 1:52 pm Reply

Yes!! The lolly buffet made me super duper happy hehe I want one for my bday next year hehe

5. viveka September 23, 2013 at 9:15 pm Reply

Now I envy you … my favorite ice cream … just love it – I don’t think we have a proper store as this in Sweden, but we can buy at shopping malls at their parlors. Beautiful post. Do you now that Savoy Hotel in London do all their ice creams as expected – except for their vanilla .. they buy Mövenpcik, because they can’t do their own so good as theirs.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm Reply

Thanks Viveka :) No I didn’t know that the Savoy Hotel in London buy their vanilla because they think Movenpick makes it better that’s such a huge compliment to them I think because rarely is store bought better than house made ~ hope you’ve been well!

• viveka October 1, 2013 at 1:27 am Reply

At least it was like that when I was in the trade over there … now Gordon Ramsey is in charge … so I don’t know if he has changed things around. Yes, Movenpick was very proud over that. It’s the best ice cream on the market in my palates.

• viveka October 1, 2013 at 1:29 am Reply

I missed your last question … yes, I been to NYC and it was great … but after returning home I have been poorly – high fever, but no other symptoms. I’m not very motivated for blogging .. at the moment, but I’m sure that will change so soon I’m back in the saddle.
        Thank you so much for asking.

6. Dumpling Love (@cscc28) September 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm Reply

Omgoodness why did this not open when I was in Melb!! =*( My bro and I would’ve loved it!! But…Spring St Grocer was just as good haha. This is definitely a must-go next time…

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 2:05 pm Reply

Doesn’t matter save it for next time :) let me know when you come I’ll create a full itinerary for you hehe

7. Choc Chip Uru September 24, 2013 at 6:46 am Reply

MMmmmmm Movenpick is my favourite, what a gorgeous party :D
    So jealous!

CCU

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 2:27 pm Reply

It was definitely a fun party and wish I could’ve invited more friends to come with me :)

8. Tina @ bitemeshowme September 24, 2013 at 7:41 am Reply

I’d be in total heaven with the ice cream. I really enjoy movenpick, one of the finest out there.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 2:40 pm Reply

I couldn’t agree with you more :) And so glad it’s so easliy available for us now it use to be so exlcusive hehe

9. glamorous glutton September 24, 2013 at 7:49 am Reply

Looks like agreat event and all that ice cream, how wonderful. GG

10. milkteaxx September 24, 2013 at 10:18 am Reply

this looks heavenly! so envious!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 25, 2013 at 9:56 am Reply

Aww don’t be jealous :) you guys have an awesome Movenpick in Manly hehe i went last time!

11. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella September 24, 2013 at 1:38 pm Reply

Hehe lucky Mr NQN wasn’t around! His mum likes telling the story of how as a child he ate 16 ice creams in a row! :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 24, 2013 at 2:27 pm Reply

Wow 16! Was it scoops or cups that’s a LOT hahha Mr NQN eats a lot more than he looks! And where does he put it? hehe

12. newintstudents September 24, 2013 at 4:05 pm Reply

YOU COULD HAVE INVITED ME!!!! No but good post and I love smiley sam. Do you have Pinterest?

13. newintstudents September 24, 2013 at 4:06 pm Reply

Reblogged this on rmitintstudentguidetoliving.

14. renxkyoko September 24, 2013 at 6:19 pm Reply

Oh, my foodness ! Yummy !

15. Sarah September 24, 2013 at 9:35 pm Reply

That looks like an awesome event! I love caramelita flavour, and that espresso martini looks super decadent. :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 25, 2013 at 9:55 am Reply

Yesssss the espresso martini was really nice and super strong was buzzing afterwards haha

16. hotlyspiced September 25, 2013 at 8:47 am Reply

I wish you’d invited me to this event! I love that smiley Sam. Doesn’t he have the best smile! And that balloon doll is just too cute. Yes, summer is when we all make sure we consume our share of ice cream. The weather here is just gorgeous so we’re right into the ice cream! xx

17. Cara @ Gourmet Chick September 26, 2013 at 10:16 am Reply

OMG – an ice-cream party – how good! A welcome addition to Melbourne…

18. Ramen Raff September 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm Reply

lol this is the first photo of Sam that I don’t see him smiley hahaha

19. Adrian Briones (@food_rehab) September 26, 2013 at 7:50 pm Reply

Omg. Look at all the toppings to choose from and sauces too?! Love movenpick!

20. Bam's Kitchen September 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm Reply

I hope they come to HK!

21. Nami | Just One Cookbook September 28, 2013 at 4:23 am Reply

I’m so jealous of all the food events you attend (but I know, it’s A LOT of work to document!). Thanks for sharing fun and delicious party!

22. m0neek October 2, 2013 at 9:48 am Reply

You had room for so much ice-cream!! They look delicious, I can’t wait to try it sometime!

23. Agnes October 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm Reply

“Occasionally” act like a child? Cough cough….

That lolly buffet table is out of control.