Lollipop cake – C’est La B HK

Hello Dearest Readers, it’s finally Hump day meaning there’s only two days until the weekend :) Work has been insanely busy for me lately so I’m definitely looking forward to relaxing this weekend! Anyhow, today I have a confession to make…and that is apart from being a sugar addict, I’m also a shopoholic! Yup I’m one of those crazy people who can’t go to the shops and leave without buying one or two things. And you know what’s worse…I’ve recently started shopping online, something I’ve purposefully avoided in the past! My first parcel arrived everything fit and looks great…so I’m worried I think this is a start of another addiction :P

C'est La B in Tsim Sha Tsui, HK

C’est La B in Tsim Sha Tsui, HK

Let’s move back to my addiction for sweets, back in July I managed to catch up with my friend Mary and she suggested that we try out the new C’est La B in Tsim Sha Tsui. I’ve had their cakes before when they were stocked at a nearby cafe and was quite impressed so was even more excited about visiting their actual cafe. We arrived at around 5pm on a Thursday and was surprised to find it quite empty, I liked the slightly eccentric and quirky interior design ~

Cake cabinet

Cake cabinet

My eyes glued to the glass cake cabinet as soon as we walked in, all their cakes are intricate and pretty, I’m not sure if you can see but that black and white checked cake on the top right is so perfectly made! I also liked how they had a lot of little individual cakes which is great when you want to order and share a few more flavours.

Awesome cake stand!

Awesome cake stand!

And we did exactly that, Mary suggested that we get 3 cakes and asked for them to be placed on a cake stand because she knew it’ll look great for photos. I love how my friends are so thoughtful :D and how cool is this cake stand with the Owner’s (Bonnae Gokson) initial on the bottom. Now I want to know where they got this and want to get one with ‘D’!

Madame Butterfly $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

Madame Butterfly $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

This is the ‘Madame Butterfly’ it has a sable base, followed by a chocolate sponge cake, pistachio and lastly an intensely red beetroot cake. I found the flavours for all the layers to be quite light and hard to distinguish from each other, however, the texture was moist and fluffy.

Paradise $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

Paradise $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

I wasn’t sure what the ‘Paradise’ cake was but Mary assured me that it’s good, turns out it was a Lavender Taro Chiffon Layers with a hint of Coconut Cream & Glazed Young Coconut and it was amazing! The taro flavour was pronounce in the sponge cake, but the taro buttercream was definitely my favourite. I knew Lianne would’ve loved this cake because we’re both fans of Taro!

Cheesecake with Queen Anne Cherries $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

Cheesecake with Queen Anne Cherries $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

The last on the stand was the ‘Vanilla Bean Cheese cake with Queen Anne Cherries’, I’m not too sure what Queen Anne Cherries are but I’m pretty sure they’re a type of variations and these ones were covered in a type of sugar syrup. Mr Bao liked the cheesecake the most, it had the same sable base as the first cake, the cheesecake filling was soft and full of vanilla bean flavour.

Lollipop Cake $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

Lollipop Cake $60HKD ($8.2AUD) +10% Service fee

We were already pretty satisfied but you know me… still wanted to try more. I really wanted to try the colourful rainbow cake, which is the ‘Lollipop Cakes’ it is actually a limited cake and currently only available at the Tsim Sha Tsui. It’s a Vanilla chiffon cake with rainbow tones and in the middles there’s a  cherries and jelly mousse, white chocolate crisps and served with colourful popcorn. The chiffon cake was made very well, and the filling wasn’t too rich, overall really impressed.

Green tea latte $55HKD ($7.5AUD) +10% Service Fee

Green tea latte $55HKD ($7.5AUD) +10% Service Fee

Mary and I both got the Green Tea Latte, we found that it had too much ice and quite watery and definitely did not have enough matcha flavour which is a shame because it would’ve complimented the cakes so well.

Peach tea $65HK ($8.5AUD) +10% Service Charge

Peach tea $65HK ($8.5AUD) +10% Service Charge

I prefered Mr Bao’s Iced Peach Tea more as it had more flavour and less ice, we also liked the pieces of peach in the tea, it was definitely refreshing and welcomed as it was so hot and humid in Hong Kong.

C’est La B is located in Harbour City a super busy shopping centre on Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, perfect place to place to chill and relax after you’ve maxed out your credit cards :P We enjoyed the cakes we had at C’est La B and will return to try their other cakes, I know that they’re releasing a cookbook soon, so I’m excited about getting that too so I can try making some of their cakes at home.

C’est La B
Shop G111, G/F Gateway Arcade, Harbour City,
Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui,
Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3102 2838
Hours: 9am-11pm daily

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

39 thoughts on “Lollipop cake – C’est La B HK

1. lmjapan September 12, 2013 at 8:32 am Reply

I want that lollipop cake so bad! And peach tea with real peaches in it! I’m going to be in Hong Kong in a couple weeks I need to check this place out. I hope it’s close to my hotel, Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm Reply

Ohhh i’m so excited for you that you’re going to HK it’s an awesome city and if you need anymore recommendations feel free to drop me an email!
      Yes it’s very close to you so make the most of it !

2. Tina @ bitemeshowme September 12, 2013 at 8:42 am Reply

Oh that cake looks all sorts of awesome! Feels like I’m a kid in a candy store!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:33 pm Reply

I know hehe that’s exactly how i felt like a child in a candy story hehe

3. andy1076 September 12, 2013 at 8:50 am Reply

The lollipop cake looks so cute and the cheesecake…oooh… :)~~~

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:38 pm Reply

The lollipop cake is my favourite hehe :) So colourful and pretty!

• andy1076 September 17, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reply

I hope to have it here some day and definitely on my bucket list there lol :D

4. hotlyspiced September 12, 2013 at 11:54 am Reply

Mr Bao’s drink does look very refreshing. I would love to try that lollipop cake – it looks gorgeous. And perhaps the cheesecake as well. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm Reply

I had a lovely afternoon with Mary and Mr Bao :) Wish I can find the recipe for the lollipop cake so pretty and yummy too!

5. Keren September 12, 2013 at 1:17 pm Reply

That cake stand!! I’m pretty sure I could replicate it somehow … surely (if you listen really hard you can probably hear my brain ticking over ;) ).

The cakes however I’m sure I couldn’t replicate but my goodness I’d like to try.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm Reply

Hahhaaa please let me know when you do replicate it because I really wnat one of those cake stands :) So so so badly hehe!

6. Choc Chip Uru September 12, 2013 at 8:24 pm Reply

These cakes all look way too fabulous to eat but too delish not to :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm Reply

Yes they’re too pretty but taste too good not to try either ;) Hope you’ve been well xo

7. Cara @ Gourmet Chick September 12, 2013 at 10:42 pm Reply

All these cakes look amazing but I particularly love the colours and look of the lollipop cake.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm Reply

That was my favourite too and i can’t wait to go back and try other goodies next time :)

8. Nami | Just One Cookbook September 13, 2013 at 4:18 am Reply

Oh that cake stand is so unique with initial! I want one with JOC. Hehee. The Lollipop Cake looks outstanding – it’s like everyone’s dream cake… great for parties and birthdays!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:53 pm Reply

Yes!!! A JOC cake stand will suit you so well! I wonder if it’s possible for us to order them online? :)

9. Hannah September 13, 2013 at 9:34 am Reply

Aaaaah, I’m not normally a cake person but I want ALL of this.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2013 at 12:53 pm Reply

You’re not :) Actually now that you’ve said that lol you don’t do a lot of cakes in your posts hehe

10. milkteaxx September 13, 2013 at 10:16 am Reply

oh my you are definitely dessert queen!

11. Sarah September 14, 2013 at 10:11 am Reply

That cafe looks like so much fun! Funnily enough, the plainest-looking thing looks the most appealing to me – the cheesecake! Looks so creamy and rich. :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm Reply

Yup sometimes the simplest things are the best :) and that cheesecake was yum hehe

12. Peggy September 15, 2013 at 6:00 pm Reply

They now offers bento box as well!!!! :D…Planning to try it sometime later!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2013 at 2:08 pm Reply

Yeah i saw it when I went too!!! Will have to go back again soon :)

13. Christina @ The Hungry Australian September 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm Reply

How cute is that cake stand? My daughter would go nuts for that rainbow cake with popcorn – such a clever idea.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2013 at 2:14 pm Reply

I got it for my nephew and he went nuts too loved the cake the vibrant colours and the taste of it :)

14. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella September 16, 2013 at 4:52 pm Reply

What a lovely cake stand! And I love that colourful lollipop cake too :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2013 at 2:15 pm Reply

I knew you’d like the cake stand Lorraine :) Just wished we could get it too!

15. Iron Chef Shellie (@IronChefShellie) September 16, 2013 at 8:33 pm Reply

I now require cake. I don’t have any in the house.. wahhh!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2013 at 2:16 pm Reply

I think you should start making cakes and freezing them just in case when you have cake cravings :P

16. Ashley September 16, 2013 at 9:33 pm Reply

Oh my gosh! All the sweets are so colourful! Love itttt!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2013 at 2:16 pm Reply

You’ll need to try it out next time you’re in HK :) They have it in Central too!

17. GourmetGetaways (@GourmetGetaway) September 18, 2013 at 8:03 pm Reply

Oh wow!!
    The cakes look magnificent!!! I know I would have loved the cheesecake, but I would have found the lolly cake irresistible too!
    You will have to let me know when the recipe book comes out!

18. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake September 18, 2013 at 8:07 pm Reply

OMG look at all those colours! I can dig into any of those cakes right now. Haven’t been here for a while from doing the business and all, hope you’ve been doing well Daisy! :)

19. Sara (Belly Rumbles) (@bellyrumbles) September 20, 2013 at 12:04 am Reply

They are just so cute!

20. Christine (@cookingcrusade) September 20, 2013 at 11:28 pm Reply

What a cute place, the lollipop cake is so colourful!

21. Agnes October 19, 2013 at 5:56 pm Reply

That cake stand is awesome. You should’ve stolen it for food styling purposes. They wouldn’t have noticed, right? :p

22. Peggy October 20, 2013 at 12:19 am Reply

haha…I just ate the Lollipop cake today at the TST branch as well!!! I tried that Madame Butterfly before too! I hate it so much!!!