To my loveliest Readers have you read Fifty Shades of Grey the erotic adult novel? I know it was huge last year and was a sell out, sales even surpassed JK Rowling’s Harry Potter books and Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series.
I actually never got around to reading the book ~ My colleagues were obsessed and some finished it without days! While others said it was written quite badly and told me not to bother :P Having said that they’ve told me enough about the story line and I still don’t really understand the complex and absurd relationship between Ana and Christian.
Anyhow, moving away from the Fifty Shades of Grey, have you heard or seen this book 50 Shades of Chocolate? ;) I first saw it in a news agency last year during my lunch break at work and couldn’t help but blush at some of the photos taken in this book, they were definitely raunchy, sexy and leaves a lot of room for imagination!
This is one of the more milder photos in the book :P It is written by Claire Preen the chocolatier and owner of Blue Mountain Chocolate Co in Sydney. In the book she shares her favourite chocolate recipes but also some more unique ones such as 6 aphrodisiac chocolate recipes :P and also Edible Chocolate Massage Body Oil.
I was recently sent a copy of 50 Shades of Chocolate and was also permission to share a recipe with you :) I wanted to keep the recipe G-rated so Mr Bao and I chose a Shamelessly Chocolatey Cheesecake. He did complain that the book was very distracting to cook with hahaha
Recipe – Shamelessly Chocolatey Cheesecake from Claire Preen
Yield – 23cm cake
150g plain digestive biscuits
50g milk chocolate buttons
500g cream cheese
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup milk
150g white chocolate, tempered/melted
150g dark chocolate, tempered/melted
1 1/2 cup thickened cream
100g milk chocolate
*Recipe asked for tempered chocolate using the recipe in the book, but if you don’t have the book simply melt the chocolate in the microwave or a bain-marie.
1) Either crumb biscuits and add 50g milk chocolate in a food processor or place biscuits and chocolate in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to ‘bash’ them into little pieces.
2) Tip crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter. Combine using your fingertips, place and press crumb mixture into the bottom of a lined cake tin. Place in the fridge to set.
3) Beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until it is velvety and smooth. Split the mixture in between 2 bowls. Pour the white chocolate into one bowl and the dark chocolate into the other. Stir. Then gently fold the cream through the chocolate mixtures.
5) Decorate the top by dusting cocoa powder and grated chocolate.
This was seriously a chocolatey cheesecake, with the rich dark chocolate layer then the lighter and sweeter white chocolate layer on top ~ I of course shamelessly ate this cake with a lot of joy :D
Now thanks to Word Storm one lucky Reader will get the chance to win their own copy of 50 Shades of Chocolate! So then you too can make your own aphrodisiac chocolate treats for you and your partner hehehe
To enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment and tell me will you make that Edible Chocolate Massage Oil recipe in the book? :P
– Please like the 50 Shades of Chocolate Facebook page (you must like this page to enter)
– For more entries please ‘Like’ me on Facebook and Follow me on Twitter ~ If you’ve already done that please let me now! Thank you!
– Giveaway ends on the 12th June (Wednesday)
– You may reenter daily, one entry a day
– Winners will be chosen by random.org and announced on this blog and notified via email
– Open only to all Australian residents (Sorry International Readers!)
Congratulations Lianne you are the winner of this giveaway! YAY! So happy I think you’ll really enjoy this book :)