Only 3 Items – Burger and Lobster

I don’t think I have ever visited any restaurant where they only have 3 items on their menu :) But here at Burger and Lobster, they only have 3 things on the menu – grilled lobster, lobster sandwich and a regular beef burger and that’s it! All priced at £20 and you either take it or leave it :P I first heard of Burger and Lobster from my friend Ozmomo who visited London in June and then after some research, I found that they were the number in the top 10 on the Urbanspoon in London ~ but what really made me want to visit was Catty’s review (The Catty Life). She absolutely LOVES the food here and I trust all her recommendations, so I simply HAD to go!

Burger and Lobster

Burger and Lobster

Win Win and Anonymous Sister can be so BORING lol they didn’t want to go to Burger and Lobster with me, instead they went to the Westfield Shopping Mall in White City. Thankfully, I had the chance to meet up with Jas (Osmomo’s Sister) who recently moved to London :D It was great for us to catch up as we don’t even remember the last time we saw each other ummm… I may still have been in high school hahaha that’s how long :P

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Jas said queues at Burger and Lobster can be pretty crazy, but the new Farrington store wasn’t as busy and if we get there early we should be fine. At 6pm my sisters hurried me onto a cab and they were off to Westfield Shopping centre. When I got to Lobster and Burger, I was surprised to see that it was relatively quiet at 6:30pm and I was immediately given a table ~

Plastic bib for messy adults :P

Plastic bib for messy adults :P

Having only 3 items on the menu, it was very easy for us to order. Now I’m sort of kicking myself for ordering the same thing as Jas which was the grilled lobster, but I really wasn’t feeling like lobster sandwich or burger :) Once we placed our order the waiter immediately gave us a plastic bib with this this funny man’s face printed on it ~ these bibs were definitely useful as eating lobster can get pretty messy.

Grilled lobster

Grilled lobster £20

This was the grilled lobster with salad and chips on the side and also a generous serving of the super rich, luscious and sinful butter sauce! I don’t even want to think about the amount of butter in that sauce but gosh it was DELICIOUS! I was really impressed with how big the lobster was for £20 and it had a good solid shell, while the flesh was hot and tender ~ The best way to eat it was to scoop the lobster flesh out, totally drown it in the butter sauce and then putting the whole thing into your mouth. It was seriously one of the most enjoyable seafood I have had! I know understand why Catty is so obsessed about it! Check out her post for the other two dishes :)

Mayoanise and Ketchup

Mayonnaise and Ketchup

I couldn’t get enough of the butter sauce, but mayonnaise and ketchup was also offered to customers :) Tell you a secret (think I’ve told you guys before) but I don’t eat ketchup, can’t stand it and will not touch something if it’s come into contact with it :P But i can eat it if it’s incorporated into something like sweet and sour pork YUP i’m SUPER weird hahaha

White Chocolate Honeycomb Parfait

White Chocolate Honeycomb Parfait approximately £4

I was so worried that they wouldn’t have any desserts, thankfully the waiter came over and offered us two dessert options, oops I forgot what the first one was, because I was immediately sold in getting this one. Which was a white chocolate honeycomb parfait, it had a lovely light and smooth consistency with crunchy honeycomb pieces through it ~ A shame that Jas was lactose intolerant and couldn’t eat desserts with me :( We’ll have to go get lactose-free desserts next time!

Jas and Me ~

Jas and Me ~

I really enjoyed Burger and Lobster, their dishes were simple, reasonably prices and most of all delicious! I would recommend you going when you’re even in London and I totally agree with Cat that we really need one of these B&L’s in Australia! It was also lovely to finally catch up with Jas and it happens to be in London! I promise I will be back again, I am totally mesmerised by London so please wait for me :)

Burger and Lobster
40 St John St
Farringdon UK EC1M 4AY
Burger & Lobster on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

38 thoughts on “Only 3 Items – Burger and Lobster

1. andy1076 February 6, 2013 at 12:12 am Reply

That…is huge lobster! wow, talk about bang for your buck!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:23 pm Reply

Definitely! I totally thought it was a great deal for only 20 pounds!!! It was delicious too hehe

• andy1076 February 8, 2013 at 1:31 pm Reply

I could eat that all week long ;)

2. Jeno @ Week Nite Meals February 6, 2013 at 2:05 am Reply

Daisy I would have gone to this restaurant with you FOR SURE instead of going to the mall! The lobster looked so good, and even though I am lactose sensitive, it would not have stopped me from tasting the dessert. What a concept to just have 3 items on the menu and perfect that, love!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm Reply

Me too! I don’t really know what my sisters were actually thinking! I mean the lobster was seriously AMAZING who would actually go shopping instead LOL well too bad for them :P

Oh damnnn I didn’t know that you were lactose intolerant :( But now I do so when I eventually get to meet you hehe I wont make you desserts with milk in it :D

I think the 3 item menu is a good idea because they can specialise and do things well ~

3. LondonUnveiled.com February 6, 2013 at 2:40 am Reply

definitely need to try this one out… thanks for the review.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm Reply

You’re very welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will have the chance to visit Burger and Lobster soon ~

4. The Life of Clare February 6, 2013 at 7:29 am Reply

3 items! That’s crazy! What a fabulous idea! Looks delicious!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:26 pm Reply

I know it’s crazy right hahaha but it’s a fab idea at the same time and such great value for moeny too :D

5. Ashley February 6, 2013 at 10:05 am Reply

What a great idea! Keeping it simple! :) Lobster looks so good! Such good value! :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:27 pm Reply

Totally agree so simple, nothing to hide take it or leave it hahaha :) The lobster as SO good arghhh i’m kicking myself for not trying the other dishes!

6. catty February 6, 2013 at 10:35 am Reply

Hahah glad you liked it and that you had no queue! You’ll have to go back now and try the lobster rolls and burgers!! :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:28 pm Reply

I was glad there were no queues I was stressing out hahaha i really don’t like queues! YAY! I’m totally killing myself for not trying the other two dishes but hey it gives me a REAL good excuse to go back YAY!

7. Norma Chang February 6, 2013 at 11:08 am Reply

What a clever idea.

8. Sarah February 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm Reply

Oh, Baby, that lobster looks amazing. I love when place do a few things, perfectly.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:31 pm Reply

The lobster was seriously amazing :) I loved it! And such great value! Like you i’d rather a place do a few items well than have a huge menu ~

9. Tina @ bitemeshowme February 6, 2013 at 12:50 pm Reply

I don’t mind the limited options on the menu. That means you know it’s got to be good because that’s what they’re focusing on!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm Reply

I think so too lovely :) Like you, I’d rather have a place where they only have a few items but then do it so well compared to a place that doesn’t do very well… and have a huge menu ~

10. hotlyspiced February 6, 2013 at 3:56 pm Reply

I’ve never been to a restaurant with so few options. I would have loved to have seen the burger because for 20 pounds it had better be bloody good! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 12:50 pm Reply

I was a bit shocked too when I arrived, but I knew it was going to be good so i wasn’t too concerned ~ I rather them do things really well instead hehe ~ And definitely great value for only 20 pounds!

11. Miss Piggy February 6, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reply

I read Catty’s post too and although I’m not making a London eating list (don’t want to stress myself out) this is one place I’m going to. LOL at you being worried they’d not have desserts.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 1:34 pm Reply

Hhahaha you know how i can never leave without desserts so I was definitely worried HAHAHA but thank gosh they still had a YUMMY dessert WOO HOO :) Hope you make it to Burger and Lobster soon you will LOVE IT!

12. Winston February 6, 2013 at 10:24 pm Reply

My kind of meal!! Simply, hearty, straightforward and VALUE FOR MONEY! This has won me over I wish tehre was something like this here in Melb. Love the whole concept of “here’s what we have. it’s not a lot but heck, we do it well. take it or leave it” lol

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 1:36 pm Reply

I knew you’d love it Wince hehe ~ definitely your kind of restaurant no fuss, just simple good and delicious food that doesn’t cost an arm or a leg! :) YEAH :) Sighhh really hope we have something similar in Melbourne soon ~

13. Gourmet Getaways February 7, 2013 at 2:11 pm Reply

Wow, just three dishes, that is amazing! They obviously do them well! Lucky they have desserts!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 1:40 pm Reply

Hahhaa i was so worried about them being dessert less but I still would’ve gone even if there’s only lobster :)

14. libishski February 7, 2013 at 4:35 pm Reply

I WANT TO GO TO THIS PLACE!

15. Ali February 7, 2013 at 9:41 pm Reply

Wow! That is so cool! Having only 3 items on the menu sure does make it easier for decision-making (which I am hopeless at!) I think we should have one here, too!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm Reply

I know what you mean Ali :) I have trouble deciding too when there’s too many choices ~ the menu was so simple, delicious and cheap hehe WIN!

16. theragingcook February 7, 2013 at 10:42 pm Reply

Mmmm lobster and that white chocolate paaaarfait :D

17. Cupcake Crazy Gem February 8, 2013 at 11:19 am Reply

I’ve always wanted to try there but never managed to make it before we left for Vancouver! That butter sauce does look amazing, and I love the bibs you got! So fun!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet February 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm Reply

Awwwww what a shame that you didn’t get to try before you left but its okay because you can always go back next time you go back to the UK :) So jealous you get to travel and live in so many places ~ xox

18. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella February 8, 2013 at 9:42 pm Reply

What a find! And good idea listening to Catty, she has good taste! :D I think I’d love that lobster-drool!

19. milkteaxx February 9, 2013 at 1:20 am Reply

3 items only?!? they must be very good at what they make!

20. Nami | Just One Cookbook February 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm Reply

Now this sounds like a perfect meal. Grilled lobster, french fries, and refreshing salad! YUM….