Endless Fondue – Movenpick Ice Cream

Ever since I started blogging last year :) my friends have been nothing but supportive ~ it’s quite cute actually, they will send me texts when baking supplies go on special at the supermarket and also update me of the latest dessert places in town. Last week I got a SMS from Ozmomo a family friend I’ve known all my life ~ she reported a new Movenpick boutique store had recently opened up in Box Hill and if I wanted to try their chocolate fondue ~ Of course I said “YES” in a heartbeat and very quickly we organised to meet up the following Monday night ~

Did you know that the first Movenpick store opened up in 1948? And it is now actually owned and run by Nestle? ~ I love reading up about a company’s history and how they have become what they are today hehe ~

I was quite  surprised that Movenpick had chosen to open another boutique store in Box Hill, given that their other store is only in Doncaster (my area) which is a 20 minute drive. I assumed that they would want to open up a store somewhere else like Chadstone another very popular area for shopping and dessert stores ~ but I’m not complaining because I find this store to be bigger, cleaner and quieter that the one at Westfield Doncaster shopping centre.

It’s not a very big store, upon walking in there are two large glass cabinets full of ice-cream for customers to choose from then ample seating on the right ~ Being a Monday night it was rather quite and we were basically the only table inside, which is good because we got to choose anywhere we wanted to sit.

Even though we knew we wanted the chocolate fondue ~ I couldn’t help but look at their wide range of desserts displayed on the screen, they had pancakes, waffles, and sundaes! But I had to control myself we are going to get the chocolate fondue instead!

So we stuck to our plan and ordered the Endless Fondue for 2 for $21.95 which had a selection of fruit, waffles and marshmallow. We were then asked to pick two scoops of ice-cream, any flavours that we wanted ~ The girl serving us was very friendly and generous asking us to try as many flavours as we wanted.

Maple Walnut ice-cream :)

There were simply too many flavours to choose from, hazelnut, pistachio, chocolate, and even panna cotta ~ what the Maple Walnut flavour caught my eye and have one little spoonful of it, I knew I wanted it!

Endless Fondue for 2 $21.95AUD

This is our Endless Fondue set for 2 :) you could also get the fondue set for 4 for $39.95 with 2 more scoops of ice-cream and I think more fruit and waffles ~ I know how easy it to to make this chocolate fondue at home, but I think there’s that sense of novelty of having someone do all the cutting and chopping for you :P I feel so bad…I have two chocolate fondue sets lying in my pantry but I’ve never used it before…my bad >_<

Dark Chocolate

We had the option of choosing white, milk or dark chocolate for our fondue ~ and we chose dark chocolate because I didn’t know if milk chocolate was going to be too sweet for Ozmomo and I do like the strong, rich chocolate taste dark chocolate offers :) Even though the chocolate mixture itself was quite nice, I found it to be a little too thick and not as runny as I would have liked, I think it may be because the chocolate was not fully melted or they did not put enough cream.

Maple Walnut Ice-cream, marshmallows and strawberries

The fondue also comes with a range of condiments and ice-cream of course :) As I mentioned before, I chose the Maple Walnut ice-cream and it was super delicious, maple syrup flavoured ice-cream with chunky walnut pieces through it ~ even though it had maple syrup I didn’t find it too sweet or rich but don’t take my word for it :P Cuz i’m immune to sweetness and cake hahaha I found this ice-cream to compliment the melted dark chocolate very well ~

Blackcurrant ice-cream, waffles and banana

Ozmomo decided she wanted something a little more refreshing so chose the black current flavour ~ I had a taste of it and found it to be quite tart but it was good to cleanse and refresh the palate. However, I found the waffles at the back to be quite dense, chewy and slightly stale :( I was a little disappointed because I’ve had the Movenpick waffles at their Doncaster store before and found them to be quite good…not sure if they give customers stale waffles for the chocolate fondue as they think customers wont be able to tell the difference after dipping it into chocolate…

My favourite strawberry drenched in chocolate :P

My favourite would have to be dipping strawberries in to the warm decadent chocolate :) I think chocolate and strawberries are a match made in heaven so perfect together hehe ~ I am now motivated to stop being lazy and dig out those chocolate fondue sets and try making it at home myself!

Overall, I enjoyed the chocolate fondue here at Movenpick, but found the name ‘Endless Fondue’ to be a little deceiving as nothing as ‘Endless’ if you wanted extra bowls of condiments you had to pay $2 per bowl and I’m pretty sure they do not refill the chocolate free of charge. I would come back here with friend as it is a nice place to come here for dessert after dinner and for approximately $10 per person, I think it is still reasonable :)

It was lovely to catch up with you Ozmomo and can’t wait till we do it again ~ have a safe trip to Japan and can’t wait to see photos and hear all about your trip!

Movenpick Boxhill on Urbanspoon

PS. I’m still away with Mr Bao to Sydney and Brisbane for a couple of day :) So please accept my apology for being slow at replying comments, emails, tweets and all ~

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

46 thoughts on “Endless Fondue – Movenpick Ice Cream

1. Choc Chip Uru October 25, 2012 at 9:21 pm Reply

I have heard of the great endless fondue and I knew it would live up to its name – your photos are murder :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 5:07 am Reply

The chocolate fondue was definitely delicious :) I’m sure the Movenpick in Sydney will have it too ~ if not make it yourself hehe it’s quite easy!

2. leaf (the indolent cook) October 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm Reply

Ooh the fondue looks good, all those accompaniments! I would totally have gone for maple walnut ice cream too. :D

3. Ali October 25, 2012 at 9:41 pm Reply

I think dark chocolate is the best for fondue….this looks awesome! I wish we had Movenpick here, too…you guys have all the good stuff!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 5:10 am Reply

I agree Dark Chocolate is the best :) because it’s so rich and delicious ~ even though nothing is ever too sweet, with the ice-cream i think the slight bitterness of dark chocolate compliments it so well hehe ~

4. hotlyspiced October 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm Reply

I do love the look of that fondue, Daisy, and all the yummy things you can dip into the chocolate. What a fun place to go to. And I agree with you that they shouldn’t call it ‘endless’ unless there’s a set price xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 5:11 am Reply

It was definitely a fun catch up :) But I didn’t like the misleading advertisement of the Endless Fondue >_< xox

5. Jeno @ Week Nite Meals October 26, 2012 at 12:46 am Reply

What a fun place to have dessert at, I don’t think there’s a shop here at Houston that offers this option, reading your blog is giving me a lot of ideas for opening up restaurants, haha!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 5:12 am Reply

Hahha you know Jeno :) that’s a great idea to open up your own dessert parlour in Houston! It’s super easy to make delicious chocolate fondue at home!

6. theurbanmrs October 26, 2012 at 3:31 am Reply

Yumm-o! I love fondue-ing (if there’s such a word). Nice dessert treats.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 5:12 am Reply

HAHAHA i love that word and i love the ‘action’ of fondue-ing too lol dipping things and then eating it YUM I love cheese fondue too ~

• theurbanmrs October 28, 2012 at 10:22 am Reply

Oh I did that for my bday couple years ago. From appetizer to dessert – all fondue. It took us hours to finish all that coz we had to wait for the cheese/ chocolate to melt, cleaned it up, and started the process again for the next course.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 29, 2012 at 8:39 am Reply

Oh damn that’s a bit of a hassle but totally worth it cheese fondue and then a chocolate fondue ? YES PLEASE! I have two fondue sets maybe it’s a sign that I should try doing both at once too ;)

7. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef October 26, 2012 at 5:35 am Reply

I think they don’t know what endless means :) I’m really hungry now. I found you through Charlie and really glad I did.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm Reply

Hello Maureen :) thank you for dropping by my blog ~ I have visited your blog before and really like the simple and delicious recipes you post ~

8. Hannah October 26, 2012 at 8:55 am Reply

Oooh! I’ve never liked fondue because I don’t enjoy fresh fruit with chocolate, but WAFFLES? Yes, okay. I just need a jar of peanut butter too.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:17 pm Reply

Hahahah I know what you mean :P the combination of fruit and warm chocolate can be a little weird, the only two fruits that I will do are bananas and strawberry :) Oh gosh…I’ve had chocolate fondues where they gave me oranges (which i know you hate) :P

9. Vien October 26, 2012 at 9:17 am Reply

I didn’t even know that Movenpick had boutique stores here! :P and I would have gone for the maple walnut as well!!!!! hehe when I read endless fondue, I thought it was a buffet and got reaaaally excited!! aww man, what a pity the waffles weren’t up to scratch!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:25 pm Reply

I’m not sure surprised that you don’t know :) Because all the stores are in suburban areas ~ if you want to visit let me know hehe I’ll drive you!!! You definitely need to try the maple walnut! I forgot can you still have ice-cream even though you are lactose intolerant? ~

10. Kristi@My San Francisco Kitchen October 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm Reply

Oh my, looks really really good!!

11. squishymonster October 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm Reply

I need, I want, I HAVE to have that black current ice cream! YUM!! (Why can’t we have places like this where I live?) :(

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 27, 2012 at 2:28 pm Reply

Ohhh no where do you live? ;) but its oki even if you don’t have places that serve chocolate fondue because it’s really easy to make at home ~

12. theragingcook October 26, 2012 at 10:05 pm Reply

lol what boooooo! they open when I am no longer working in BOx Hill!!!! I miss Yami Yami and The Booth and Su!t and RaRamen lol!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:30 pm Reply

Damnnn lol where do you work now? It’s a shame that you don’t work in Box Hill anymore >_< all the good food hehe and it'll make catching up so much easier too :P

13. thehungrymum October 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reply

Choc fondue?! Sign me up :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:34 pm Reply

Are you a fan too? :) I love it hehe I have 2 fondue sets at home!

14. peachkins October 28, 2012 at 9:03 pm Reply

It’s my first time here and you’ve totally made me jealous! I wish there’s Movenpick here..

peachkins of http://www.thepeachkitchen.com

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm Reply

Thanks for dropping by my blog :) I’m glad you liked this post~ it doesn’t matter even if you don’t have Movenpick ~ because it’s so easy to make chocolate fondue yourself :D

15. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella October 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm Reply

Your friends are so sweet! :D But yes I have to agree with you, anything can be called endless if you order more of it :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 28, 2012 at 10:44 pm Reply

I’m very blessed Lorraine to have sweet friends that help satisfy my insatiable sweet tooth :P

I was quite disappointed with the ‘Endless’ part of the fondue, but at least we had fun hehe

16. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed October 29, 2012 at 10:37 am Reply

Ahhh Fondue – so retro! 1948 – wow! I love history :)
    Heidi xo

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm Reply

me too :) i love history hehe ~ it’s so amazing to read up about companies and where they started off xx

17. Brunch Addict October 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm Reply

Oh my god, looks AMAZING Daisy! I didn’t even know they did chocolate fondue.. YUUMMM!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet October 31, 2012 at 11:41 pm Reply

I think the chocolate fondue is a new thing :) definitely go try it out hehe ~

18. Nami | Just One Cookbook October 30, 2012 at 11:33 am Reply

I’ve been to a fondue restaurant before (just once when I don’t have kids) and I enjoyed it a lot. I even considered buying a fondue so I can do it at home… This place sounds wonderful. I like dessert fondue and your pictures made me want to own one….again. Maybe Christmas! :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet November 1, 2012 at 10:16 am Reply

Ohh Nami you really need to get yourself a set soon :) I’ve got two at home and even though I’m guilty of not using it enough, i love them hehe they are instant crowd pleasers and I’m sure your kids will love them too!

19. ironchefshellie October 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm Reply

Endless fondue sounds like a great idea… till you’ve had to much and feel ill :P lol LOVE movenpick

20. Christine (@cookingcrusade) October 30, 2012 at 11:47 pm Reply

Mmm yum chocolatey goodness. I love all the flavors at movenpick but soo many too choose! Shame it was a bit misleading about the title of endless fondue, after hearing that name I would also assume it was endless condiments and/or choc sauce! I wonder then what exactly do they mean by endless?

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet November 1, 2012 at 10:23 am Reply

That’s what I thought too…I’m not really sure what they meant by ‘Endless’ either but maybe they meant ‘endless’ meaning the timeliness of chocolate fondue or something like that?

Eitherway i found it misleading even though it was yummy :)

21. msihua (@msihua) October 31, 2012 at 8:58 pm Reply

OMG there is a store! I remember how I was so hooked on this when I was in Berlin! WANTS!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet November 1, 2012 at 10:24 am Reply

Hahaha you don’t need to go to Berlin anymore :) There’s one in Box Hill hehe you should go visit soon ~

22. simonfoodfavourites November 1, 2012 at 10:53 pm Reply

definitely not endless if you have to pay more for more. nice looking ice creams.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet November 2, 2012 at 2:31 am Reply

I totally agree… I was quite disappointed oh wells at least it was fun to eat ;)