August, September and October are the busiest months in the year for me! People that are most important to me, all have their birthdays in these months, and today it is my Dearest Sister Win Win’s birthday I’m not gonna disclose her age, because I know she’ll hurt me As a matter of fact, I don’t think she even wants me to upload a picture of her but TOO BAD, my blog, my rules!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIN WIN!
You are the ROCK in my life, the one that never leaves, always supports me through the pretty, ugly and fatty times ~ I am so grateful to have grown up with you, shared tears and laughter and last but not least lots of delicious and yummy DESSERTS!
I hope the Police (her husband) will spoil you rotten today and Aden will give you lots of hugs and kisses!
I think it’s become my tradition to make virtual cakes and send them to my friends and family in HK so today, I’m making Nigella Lawson’s Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake! It’s a brand new recipe from her new book Nigelissma, that I bought last week. As soon as I picked up the book and flipped through it, I knew I had to make this recipe
Win Win loves cheesecake and I’m pretty sure she likes Nutella too so this would be a great cake for her ~ I would describe it as New York Cheesecake with Nutella that’s how rich and yummy this cheesecake is hehe and best part it’s SO SO SO easy to make! It’s no bake and only uses 60 grams of icing sugar for sweetness hehe really hope Win Win will like this cake ~
Recipe – Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake adapted from Nigella Lawson
Yield - 22 or 23 cm spring form cake or serves 8 to 12
250 grams Digestive Biscuits
75grams Unsalted butter, soften
1 x 400 gram Nutella or other similar hazelnut chocolate spreads, at room temperature
100 grams Toasted hazelnuts, chopped
500 grams, cream cheese, at room temperature
60 grams, Icing sugar sifted
1) Break the digestive biscuits into the bowl of a food processor, then add the butter and 1x 15ml of Nutella and blitz until the mixture starts to clump. Add 25 grams of toasted hazelnut, pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture OR do it all manually, crush the biscuits in a ziploc bag and a rolling pin, melt the butter and stir in Nutella and eventually hazelnuts I couldn’t find my food processor
3) Beat together the cream cheese and the icing sugar until smooth and silk, then scrape the rest of the Nutella out of its jar and into the cream cheese mixture and continue beating until well combined. You may need to scrape the bowl a couple of times.
4) Take the spring form tin out of the fridge. Carefully scrape and smooth the Nutella mixture over the biscuit base and scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover. Place the tin in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Nigella emphasises that the cream cheese and Nutella must be room temperature for this recipe to work, which makes sense, because this is a no-bake cheesecake recipe and because you need to make sure both ingredients are mixed and incorporated well
- I halved the recipe to make two mini 6 inch cakes ~ Perfect for Mr Bao and myself, one each no need to fight
- Make sure you chill it well before eating!
There you go Sis! Hope you like this Nutella Cheesecake Love you always xox