First Guest Post – Go Bake Yourself (Uru)

Hello everyone :) hope you’ve had a nice weekend ~ today it’s going to be a super short post from me, because I am guest posting for the very first time at Go Bake Yourself. I’m sure many already know Uru but for those who don’t, she’s a a young, passionate and talented teenage girl from Sydney. She has an amazing blog, sharing wonderful recipes with occasional reviews of cafes and restaurants.

She’s currently doing her exams, therefore, doesn’t have enough time to blog and asked for volunteers to guest post while she takes a short break ~ I’ve been following Uru’s blog for quite some time and immediately jumped the opportunity :) I had some trouble deciding on what recipe to share… a cake recipe? Cupcake recipe? Then I decided to share a Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, because Uru identifies herself as ‘Choc Chip Uru’ on her blog ~ couldn’t think of a better recipe to share with her and her Readers.

I’ve been testing out a few chocolate chip cookie recipes, and I personally like the texture of Mrs Field’s cookies and have been trying to replicate them. That’s when I remembered buying David Lebovitz Ready For Desserts book and decided to give him recipe a go :) And boy am I glad I did ~ it is by far the yummiest chocolate chip cookies I have made so far! Mr Bao ate 5 of these cookies in a row LOL and he claims he doesn’t even have a sweet tooth :P

Please hop over to Uru’s blog for the recipe ~ I know we all have our own chocolate chip cookie but please give these a try, it’s SO delicious!

Would also like to thank Uru for giving me the opportunity to guest post on Go Bake Yourself! Good luck with all your exams and can’t wait till you blog again :D

Tagged: , , ,

27 thoughts on “First Guest Post – Go Bake Yourself (Uru)

1. Choc Chip Uru September 17, 2012 at 6:24 am Reply

I should be thanking you my friend, for guest posting such a delicious recipe which is universally loved AND for helping me out – you are very kind :)
    Have a wonderful week my friend (and in regards to these cookies I trust Mr no-sweet Bao’s opinion ;))

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 11:44 am Reply

You are so welcome Uru :) i’m honoured to have been chosen as one of your guest bloggers ~ Really hope your exams go well and I will be awaiting for your ‘return’ post :) it must be EPIC hehe ~

2. hotlyspiced September 17, 2012 at 6:38 am Reply

Your cookies look so perfect Daisy you could sell them. I’d buy a batch! They’re gorgeous. I’ll head on over to Uru’s blog xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 11:46 am Reply

You’re too kind Charlie! Thank you :) So happy they turned out so well ~ Enjoy Uru’s blog!

3. threehanns78 September 17, 2012 at 9:09 am Reply

those cookies look so yummmmy! we all need to bake. there needs to be a national bake day. Sadly my oven and grill is not working. ohh goody another food blog to follow :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 11:47 am Reply

Thank you :) It’s a shame that your oven and grill isn’t work :( Will you be getting it fixed soon ~ if not maybe get a smaller oven? I got one of those from Kmart ages ago and it does the trick too! :D Enjoy Uru’s blog!

4. Norma Chang September 17, 2012 at 10:36 am Reply

Already checked out the post at Uru’s.

5. theragingcook September 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm Reply

Very niiiiiiiice!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm Reply

Thanks :) glad you liked it hehe is your oven working again?

• theragingcook September 17, 2012 at 3:31 pm Reply

My oven’s fine, just old from the 1970s better for roasting and grilling than baking lol

6. Ames September 17, 2012 at 4:06 pm Reply

Just thought I’d pop over here to say again how awesome these cookies look :D Really want me some right about now…

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:21 pm Reply

Thank you Ames for the support ~ Hope you try this recipe soon! I Love CCC hehe

7. kellysiew September 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reply

Gorgeous looking cookies! I do love Mrs Field’s cookies and also Famous Amos. Yum!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:25 pm Reply

Thanks Kelly :) these are definitely the best cookies I’ve made! SUPER YUM wanna make them again hehe

8. Ali September 17, 2012 at 8:33 pm Reply

These look so good!

9. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella September 17, 2012 at 8:58 pm Reply

YAY I saw you ;)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:26 pm Reply

Hahhaa haven’t you seen me before? :P I thought i was more self absorbed than that and there are pictures of me hahahaa

10. cravingsofalunatic September 18, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply

Loved your guest post. Those cookies look wicked good.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reply

Thank you for dropping by :) glad you enjoyed reading it hehe ~ these cookies were definitely best ones i’ve made!

11. Christine (@cookingcrusade) September 18, 2012 at 11:06 am Reply

Lovely to find Uru’s blog! Those cookies look sooo good. Choc chip will never fail to be my number 1 fave. Classic!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reply

Glad you found Uru’s blog she’s always sharing amazing recipes :) enjoy!

12. Kiran September 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm Reply

Hopping over from Uru’s blog — this is utter deliciousness. ‘Nuff said :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm Reply

Hahhaha couldn’t agree more good choc chip cookies are so hard to find and once u find them you can’t stop eating them hehe Enjoy Uru’s blog!

13. Nami | Just One Cookbook September 18, 2012 at 2:26 pm Reply

I’m off to check it out now! Congrats on the guest post!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm Reply

Thank you Nami :) hope you like this recipe and will try it soon ~ both your daughter and son are gonna love you more and more because of it hahaha :D