Gone Bananas – 100th Post

Dear Readers! I think I have gone bananas, because I have two yummilicous banana bread recipes to share with you today! And this post will be my 100th post! Meaning I have eaten out and baked over 100 times, sat in front of my computer over 100 times and definitely for more than 100 hours :)

This is a picture from my first post hahaha can you see me in the background? I didn’t know how to take photos back then :P Actually I’m still learning, how to take better photos hehe :)

Moving on to the recipes, I find that I don’t know how to do anything in moderation :P a couple of weeks ago, I made this delicious banana maple syrup bread, and didn’t take enough photos to blog about it, so I decided the next day I was going to go get a whole HEAP of bananas and wait for them to ripen. I came home with 2 kgs of bananas and they have been sitting next to our coffee machine…I was getting so impatient with them…they simply wont ripen…then I kind of forgot about them hahaha then a couple of days ago, when I was making my morning coffee, I saw them and they weren’t only ‘overripe’ they were close to being ‘rotten’. So I knew I had to make banana bread that night :P

Thing is…I had too many overripe bananas, so instead of one loaf of banana bread, I made 2 loaves :) Maple Syrup Banana bread and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread ~ I can’t say which one I like more, because they were both soooooo moist and yummy! I’ll let you be the judge which one you like more.

Recipe – Maple Syrup Banana Bread adapted from Taste

Yield – One loaf

Ingredients
125 grams, unsalted butter, softened
115 grams (1/2 cup), caster sugar
2 tablespoons (20ml AUS), maple syrup (not flavoured syrup)
2 eggs, room temperature
3 large bananas or 1 cup, mashed
105 gram (3/4 cup), plain flour
105 gram (3/4 cup) self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Note – I know maple syrup can be quite expensive, but using the pure maple syrup from Canada will really give the bread an distinct sweetness ~ I picked my bottle up from Coles for $7 last time i was on sale and have heard that the Aldi brand maple syrup is quite good too :)

Method
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line your loaf pan.

2) Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and maple syrup in a bowl until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until just combined.
4) Transfer butter mixture into a large bowl. Add banana. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Sift flours and bicarb soda over butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
5) Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 miutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.

Voila :) Serve warm or toasted and drizzle with more maple syrup! This banana bread is so moist, it’s even close to being a banana cake to me :P I think it’s because I added a little more mash bananas hehe ~

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread adapted from The Kitchen Is My Playground

Yield – One loaf

Ingredients
3 to 4 overripe bananas (1 1/2 cup, mashed)
1/4 cup buttermilk
225 grams (1 1/2 cup) plain flour
1 teaspoon, baking soda
1/4 teaspoon, salt
118gram, unsalted butter, softened
125 grams (3/4 cups), light brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon, vanilla extract
3/4 cup, chocolate chips

Method
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced and grease loaf pan.
2) In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork and stir in buttermilk and set aside.
3) Place butter, in a large bowl. With an electric stand mixer or hand held mixer beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one and a time, beating briefly after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.

4) Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gently stir into butter-sugar mixture and then mashed bananas. Lastly fold chocolate chips into mixture.
5) Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.

I’ve never made chocolate chip banana bread before and was a bit worried that it’ll taste a little weird, but it turned out really well :) I used a bitter-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate chips, so it wasn’t overly sweet which was good because Mr Bao doesn’t like it really sweet :P

Would like to say thank you to all my Readers for the willingness to read my posts and supporting me ALL THE WAY :)

Tagged: , , , ,

64 thoughts on “Gone Bananas – 100th Post

1. Ames September 13, 2012 at 11:42 pm Reply

Yay congrats on your 100th post! I just had a look at my stats and I think I’m almost there too lol I love banana- anything but these look great! We have a lot of overripe bananas but my brother has reserved them for banana muffins :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 14, 2012 at 1:20 am Reply

Thanks Amy :) it’s definitely a milestone hehe ~ 100th post! Its nice to know so many people like bananas yay! You could try using this recipe to make banana muffins too ~

2. Christine @ Cooking Crusade September 13, 2012 at 11:43 pm Reply

Congratulations on your 100th post! These two banana breads look great… I always have plenty of ripe bananas around to use up hehe

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 14, 2012 at 1:24 am Reply

Thank you Christine :) Hope you try these recipes soon ~ I’ve got some bananas at home again which i’m waiting for them to ripen up again ~

3. vegeTARAian September 13, 2012 at 11:48 pm Reply

Wow, I love banana bread! I’ll be giving the maple version a try! ;)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 14, 2012 at 1:25 am Reply

Me too :) do give the maple syrup banana cake a go ~ It’s LOVELY! :)

4. Catherine September 13, 2012 at 11:55 pm Reply

Congratulations! I like the sound of the choc chip banana bread! Toasted then buttered, Mmmm!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 14, 2012 at 1:25 am Reply

That’s exactly what I did :) But instead of using butter lol i put NUTELLA all over it ~

• Catherine September 14, 2012 at 11:00 am Reply

You sugar-fiend!! Haahah can’t expect any less though ;)

5. leaf (the indolent cook) September 14, 2012 at 12:24 am Reply

2kgs of bananas! You really have gone bananas… haha! The one with maple syrup sounds right up my alley. Happy 100th post!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 14, 2012 at 1:26 am Reply

Hahhaha yup Leaf :P and i went and got some MORE the next day :) it’s so comforting to know there are always bananas at home hehe ~ Thank you time flies i can’t believe it’s already my 100th post hehe :D

6. Hannah September 14, 2012 at 1:31 am Reply

Happy 100th post my dear! Here’s to the next 100! (Which hopefully will include even more maple syrup :P )

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:10 pm Reply

Thank you hannah :) i’m definitely going to share more recipes with maple syrup hehe you should stock up too it’s so much cheaper for you over in the US!

7. kellysiew September 14, 2012 at 2:04 am Reply

Congratulations on your 100th post! I think we started around the same time yeah? As I’m approaching the 100th soon too. Thanks so much for the banana bread recipe btw my sister has also used it and loved it! I think putting chocolate chips is a great idea! Next time you could probably also try swirling some nutella in it. Might be quite nice!

Yeah I do agree too never skimp on Maple syrup, the fake stuff will never taste as good (and is bad for you). Pure maple syrup actually contains high concentrations of minerals and lower calories too.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm Reply

Thank you Kelly :) Yeah i think we started at around the same time hehe ~ i can’t believe how quickly time flies and bang i’m already at my 100th post hehe :)

I’m super happy that you liked this recipe and have been using it ~ I’ve been making so much of it lately hehe :) Definitely can’t use artificial maple syrup >_< can't wait till i get to go to Canada one day and buy the REAL STUFF hahaha

Ohhh Nutella in it? That sounds even better! Nutella and bananas are totally a match made in heaven hehe :P

8. andy1076 September 14, 2012 at 3:06 am Reply

Yummy!! you are making magic with that mixer :D

9. Jeno @ Week Nite Meals September 14, 2012 at 5:30 am Reply

Congrats Daisy on your 100th posting, it’s a BIG accomplishment

The banana loafs look so yummy! I don’t like bananas, but I do like banana bread, yours look so moist and delicious, the pan lining is awesome also, don’t think I’ve seen those around at Houston…

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:14 pm Reply

Thank you Jeno :) I can’t believe how quickly time has past! I was just posting and posting and then all of a sudden I reach my 100th post hehe YAY!

You should definitely try making these banana bread recipes ~ They’re so delicious and i’m sure you little princess will be asking for more of the chocolate chip banana bread hehe! I love the pan liners too but i wasn’t able to find anymore :( so sad >_<

10. Choc Chip Uru September 14, 2012 at 5:41 am Reply

Happy 100th my dear friend :D
    I feel like curious George, obsessing over your banana recipes! Yum :)
    Looking forward to another 200 posts ;)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm Reply

Thank you Uru :) couldn’t do it without all your support!

Hope you try making these soon ~

11. Ali September 14, 2012 at 6:36 am Reply

Congrats on your 100th post! While I am not a fan of bananas themselves, I don’t mind the odd banana bread or cake…and I think the chocolate chip one would go down just nicely :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm Reply

Thank you Ali :) if you’re not a fan of bananas maybe try the chocolate chip one instead hehe it’s super moist and YUM!

12. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella September 14, 2012 at 11:18 am Reply

A big congratulations on your 100th post Daisy! May there be hundreds more!! :D

13. hotlyspiced September 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm Reply

A big congrats to you Daisy on your 100th post. That’s such an achievement. I love banana bread and it always seems to me that bananas will over-ripen in an instant. If you leave them for a day too long they’re definitely rotten. I love the two varieties you’ve made and I think I’d like to try the maple syrup one – maple syrup is a wonderful flavouring xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm Reply

Thank you Charlie :) Its definitely a special milestone hehe ~ wow your bananas ripen so quickly? because these simply wont ripen hahaha it took forever! So glad they were this ripe though! It was SUPER YUM :) definitely try the one with maple syrup! It really adds a different type of sweetness ~

14. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake September 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm Reply

Woohoo congratulations Daisy!! :D It’s always so exciting when you get to a milestone. ;) Hope I can continue reading 100s, even 1000s more to come! :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm Reply

Thank you Jenny :) It’s definitely exciting and i can’t believe i’ve written 100 posts hehe it seems a little unreal! I will try my very best to keep the posts rolling hahaha

15. liannelow September 14, 2012 at 5:08 pm Reply

yum yum yum! So gonna make the maple banana cake soon! hehe Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! hehe and congratulations for your 100th posts and many more to come! x

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:21 pm Reply

Thanks dearie :) you’ve gotta make the maple banana loaf soon ~ but it’s very similar to your cake! I wanna try yours next time cuz it has the bananas on the bottom too yay xox

16. Adrian Briones (@food_rehab) September 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm Reply

OMG Congrats on this milestone! And what a way to celebrate in style wooot woot

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:24 pm Reply

Thank you Adrian :) Hahaha I actually didn’t plan this post to be about banana bread but it just happened lol

17. Vien September 14, 2012 at 8:29 pm Reply

Congrats on the milestone dear!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Keep it up and I can’t wait to read more of your posts!!!!!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:25 pm Reply

Thank you Love :) I’m so happy that i made it hehe~ woo hoo! Can’t wait to catch up soon xox

18. mydearbakes September 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm Reply

Awww, this looks so fantastic, well done!! =)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:25 pm Reply

Thanks for dropping by my blog :) I’m so glad i waited till the bananas rot hehe yay!

19. squishymonster September 15, 2012 at 12:23 am Reply

A 100 congratulations–awesome milestone–I’d go bananas over these too!! =D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:31 pm Reply

Thank you :) I’m super happy hehe hope you enjoy making this banana bread ~

20. theragingcook September 15, 2012 at 12:32 am Reply

Congratulations on your 100th post Daisy!!! Keep on posting, and boy, the banana bread
    looks delish, even at midnight!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:35 pm Reply

Thank you :) I can’t believe how long it’s been since i’ve started blogging hehe ~ it seems like yesterday with my first post hahaha thank you hope you get some banana bread soon it’s super yum for breakfast ;) don’t work too hard!!!

21. Sook @ Heart Mind & Seoul September 15, 2012 at 6:05 am Reply

Congrats on the 100th post!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:37 pm Reply

Thank you Sook just checked out your blog! Love the korean recipes you share :) I love korean food!

22. gourmetgetaway September 15, 2012 at 12:34 pm Reply

Congratulations on your 100th post!!
    Well Done!
    What a great recipe to celebrate with! I love the look of both the loaves! I used to always make choc chip banana bread for the kids. I will have to bake another loaf ASAP before they fire me :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm Reply

Thank you Julie :) oh no you better get some bananas and get baking hehe ~ it must be hard to keep up with the kids and having to bake and cook and clean for them all the time! xoxo

23. fruitsaladmixedveg September 15, 2012 at 3:19 pm Reply

Congratulations:)
    You are so funny! Buying a whole heap of bananas sounds like something I would do and yes, I would forget about them too hehe.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm Reply

Thank you :) LOL i’m always doing weird and funny things hehe :P

24. Rice Bowl Tales ( Jane ) September 15, 2012 at 5:38 pm Reply

Well done and congratulations Daisy!! Your hard work and dedications are definitely rewarded by your readers’ support and appreciations.
    Keep up the good work ~ we’ll continue to travel this sweet and delicious journey with you :) ~~

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:23 pm Reply

Thank you Jane :) it’s such wonderful readers like yourself that keeps me going ~ I really can’t believe it’s my 100th post! it feels like yesterday when i first started :) I can’t wait to share more posts and recipes with you and everyone else! xox

25. thehungerpangs September 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm Reply

YAY! Congrats on your 100th post, Daisy! I love love LOVE banana bread! I like to put raspberries in mine, but I might just try your choc-chip version. I’ve had some choc chips sitting in the pantry begging to be eaten for a while now, hehe. :) x

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm Reply

Thank you :) super happy about this milestone hehe ~ please let me know how you go with the chocolate chip banana bread loaf :)

26. Libby September 16, 2012 at 8:11 pm Reply

Yay! Congrats on your 100th post, Daisy! Here’s to many, many more!

Love bananas; they’re so damn versatile. Plus, they’re pretty cheap at the moment. Yay!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:25 pm Reply

Thanks Libby :) I hope there will be more posts :P I will try my best~ hehe yay!

I’m totally addicted to bananas too ~ thank gosh they’re cheap now i still remember when they were selling for $14 a kg!

27. Alex September 16, 2012 at 8:45 pm Reply

Nice! And I just saw your guest post in Go Bake Yourself. Congratulations: I really enjoyed it.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm Reply

Thanks for coming by Alex :) nice to meet you ~ I’m glad you enjoyed this post! I had a look at your blog ~ I love all the recipes you share!

28. Yi @ Yi Resevation September 17, 2012 at 12:28 am Reply

congrats on your 100 post. I eat a bunch of bananas each week and I can never get tired. The two banana recipes look absolute delicious and i look forward to trying them.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 17, 2012 at 1:34 pm Reply

Thank you Yi :) I always have some bananas at home too hehe always looking for new and yummy delicious banana recipes SUPER YUM! Hope you try these recipes soon ~

29. ekwee September 18, 2012 at 2:59 am Reply

Congrats on your 100th post! Just found you through Choc Chip Uru and glad I did…I <3 banana bread!! These look awesome :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 18, 2012 at 2:20 pm Reply

Thank you Ekwee :) thank you for dropping by my blog! hope you try these recipes soon ~

30. ironchefshellie September 19, 2012 at 2:24 pm Reply

100 posts already? You blogging rock star!! here’s to hundreds more!! … and chocolately ones too :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 20, 2012 at 10:58 am Reply

Thank you Shellie :) I know time flies sooooooo quickly!!! i still remember emailing you asking you which mixer i should buy BEFORE i even started blogging hehe! Thank you for ALL your support :D xox

31. Kiran September 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm Reply

Congrats on the milestones, dear. Everything is a learning process and you are doing a great job with it!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet September 26, 2012 at 7:40 pm Reply

Thank you Kiran :) I’m definitely still learning hehe ~ thank you for the support!

32. Banana-rama « Food Made With Love October 11, 2012 at 9:37 pm Reply

[...] in a few forms – muffins & cakes. So now it’s time to add on to the list! Recently, Miss D posted her 100th post that had 2 banana bread recipes. I was lucky enough to taste test one of them [...]