Thank You Everyone – Nutella Banana Bundt

Dearest Readers :) hope you don’t mind me doing a half personal and half recipe post today :) Just really wanted to share my story with you all ~

Yup that’s the picture of my car with a very VERY flat tyre… and nope it wasn’t because I ran over a nail :( it is because someone living in our apartment has decided they don’t like my and not only removed the nozzle but also ‘slashed it’. So to call Roadside assistance…that was $226 and to get a brand new tyre it’s gonna cost about $150…so all up over $350 for no apparent reason *CRIES* I am sure the person did it on purpose, because they’ve left notes on my car before…telling me not to park in my own car spot :(

Because of this ‘person’ I wasn’t able to go to work, I had to go to the police, call roadside assistance, our landlord and the body corporate of our apartment complex…it was simply one of the worse days… but THANKFULLY I am very loved and everyone help turn a bad day into a great one ~

Thank gosh Mr Bao didn’t have to work, so he was around to help me fix the car and took me out for hot chocolate at one of my favourite places Koko Black

And for lunch he made me chorizo pasta for lunch ~ so simple yet delicious and hehe so many friends asked for the recipe ~

QQ made a homemade Malaysian dinner sooooooooooooooooooo comforting! And lol I’m addicted to her sambal chilli sauce

Kirk made Heston’s Chocolate Gateau cake ~ it was surprisingly easy to make and I LOVE the pop rocks inside the short bread cake base hehe I’m going to try and make it this weekend if everything goes according to plan hehe and once I succeed I will be blogging about it ~

Last but not least all the supportive messages I received on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram I read every single one of them and they all made me feel better ~ Thank you!

You all helped take the sorrow away and make me smile again! YAY!

Nutella Banan Bundt Cake

Now moving onto the recipe ~ I was very lucky the other day and received a parcel from Impact Food :) I was so excited and rushed out to the post office during my lunch break to find that they sent me a wonderful 2 in 1 spring form bundt tin! It couldn’t be a better gift! I’ve been meaning to get a bundt time, but haven’t gotten around to getting one and because I have heard of stories where you need to grease the tin really well and it might be hard to remove the cake from the tin.

That’s why this bundt tin is really good because once it’s cooked you can release the buckle and it’s much easier to get the cake out ~ I was super excited about using it! But there was one problem… I’ve never owned a bundt tin so had no idea what cake to bake or what would work and what wouldn’t work lol so I did some blog reading and found myself at The Food Librarian blog and she is definitely the bundt cake queen! She has soooo many bundt cake recipes :) I wanted to try so many recipes, but realized I wont have time to go shopping this week, so I needed a recipe that I could make with all the ingredients at home ~

Two tone :)

That’s when I decided on the Nutella Banan Bundt cake 1) I have over ripe bananas at home 2) I LOVE Nutella (who doesn’t) and 3) It was easy :P  I even did it the easy way and just used cup measurements, because usually I like weighing everything to make it more accurate ~

Recipe – Nutella Banana Bundt Cake adapted from The Food Librarian
Ingredients

2 cups (300grams) plain flour
3/4 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (225 grams) caster sugar
1/4 cup (55 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (3 -4 depending on size)
2 eggs
1/3 plain yoghurt or non-fat Greek Yoghurt
1/2 cup Nutella (I used a little more)

Method
1) Turn oven on to 175°C/350°F. Spray or brush butter over bundt tin and grease well.
2) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine.
3) Place Nutella into a medium bowl and beat with a spoon until soft, do not heat or put in microwave.
4) Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or electric hand mixer until light and fluffy ( about 5 minutes)
5) Lightly beat the eggs and slowly add to the creamed butter and sugar.
6) Add mashed bananas and yoghurt. Beat until well blended.
7) At low speed, add the flour mixture until just combined or mix with a wooden spoon.
8) Scoop out 1 cup of the batter and fold into Nutella
9) Swirl batter together with a knife to create a marble effect.
10) Place in oven and bake for about 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean, varies depending on your oven
11) Cool for 15 minutes and then invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
12) Sprinkle icing sugar over the cake

Sorry I didn’t have the time to take photos of making this cake step-by-step but it is quite easy to make ~ only thing is I don’t think I had enough bananas because as you can see the two tones, I found the pale banana cake bit to be a little dense and dry :( while the chocolately Nutella was so moist and heavenly. Next time I make this ~  I’m definitely going to add more bananas or some more yoghurt :D

Served warm with BIG scoop of Nutella ~

Overall, my experience making a bundt cake was quite enjoyable, now I’m looking forward to making a really moist coconut cake without it sinking in the middle ~ Thank you Impact Food!

Disclaimer – Daisy@Nevertoosweet received the Bundt tin as a gift from Impact Food, however, was not paid to write this recipe or review

Tagged: , , , ,

41 thoughts on “Thank You Everyone – Nutella Banana Bundt

1. kellysiew July 14, 2012 at 5:14 pm Reply

Omg why is this person so nasty? Isn’t there CCTV for the car park?

The bundt cake looks super delicious. Of course, nutella and banana is like the best combination ever!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 15, 2012 at 1:20 am Reply

Thanks Kelly :) Unfortunately, even though it’s a brand new complex…they don’t have any security cameras I dun get it…but they don’t and we still don’t know who did it >_<

But it's okay…food always makes me happy again hehe ~

2. Choc Chip Uru July 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm Reply

I’m so sorry you went through that experience my friend! Horrible people but then your Mr Bao sounds like the antithesis making you meals, taking you out :)
    Very lucky you are :D
    This gorgeous banana bundt cake looks gorgeous! Even better because of… Nutella ;)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 15, 2012 at 1:24 am Reply

Thanks Uru :) I’m feeling much better and friend and food always makes me feel much better ~ WOO HOO!

I think thats one of the best mixs hehe Nutella and Banana YUM!

• Choc Chip Uru July 16, 2012 at 9:56 am Reply

Haha I could not agree more :D
        I was also hoping that you could send your batch 1 and 3 of photos soon my friend because school starts tomorrow and I won’t have much time soon :P

Thanks :)

3. leagrizel26 July 14, 2012 at 6:19 pm Reply

Reblogged this on leagrizel26.

4. theragingcook July 14, 2012 at 6:48 pm Reply

What a douchebag, they’ll get what they deserve! Same thing happened to my friend’s car, they slashed the convertible roof as well when she parked it at work. Hahaha you’re definitely a better recipe writer than I am! Ah nutella, reminds me of my childhood!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 15, 2012 at 1:41 am Reply

Oh no I’m sorry that it happened to your friend too :( It’s really not fair that it has to happen to us sighhh it’s so annoying >_<

I'm still learning how to write better recipes ~ i still love Nutella!

5. Vien July 14, 2012 at 10:36 pm Reply

OH GOSH! what an evil person! Hope everything’s ok! :) Don’t worry! Karma’s a bitch and it will bite that person’s ass one day! :D and btw, your bundt cake looks soooo yummy!!!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 15, 2012 at 10:26 am Reply

Hi Vien :) Thanks I’m feeling much better now I really hope they catch this person because it’s just not fair sighh hope you’re having a great time xox

6. hotlyspiced July 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm Reply

That just sickens me. I can’t believe it. It is disgusting to me how someone can do such a cowardly act knowing they can get away with it because they went about it under the cover of darkness. What a pathetic excuse for a human being. And you have every right to park in your own car space and don’t be intimidated and bullied into parking elsewhere. Someone asked to borrow my car recently and I reluctantly (because I can’t stand them) lent it to them. They drove it all over town, brought it back filthy, it was so low on petrol I had to practically push it to the nearest petrol station and there was a nail in the side of the tyre. And because it was in the side of the tyre it couldn’t be repaired so I had to buy a brand new tyre and the old one was just about brand new. I was furious. Anyway, I’m not letting him borrow my car again because he doesn’t respect other people’s property. I’m so sorry for the week you’ve had Daisy. That is just awful and I hope whoever is responsible moves on – somewhere closer to the nearest prison because that’s where he’s headed! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 15, 2012 at 10:30 am Reply

Oh no Charlie :( I’m sorry to hear that a similar thing happened to you, but I think it’s kind of worse that the person who did this to you is actually a friend or someone that you know…I really don’t understand how people can be such cowards, seriously all that they had to do was come and tell me the problem and then maybe they’ll just leave me alone sighhhh >_<

But thanks Charlie for your kind message xox

7. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella July 15, 2012 at 3:24 am Reply

Daisy, what a terrible thing to have happened to you! What a horrible person to tell you that you can’t park in your own spot. I hope that they find them and they get the appropriate action. Doing that to someone else is such a cowardly, despicable act!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 8:48 am Reply

Thanks for your kind words Lorraine ~ I still don’t know why they have to attack my car…and for my own car spot, because I have paid the rent and have the right to park there >_< The police said there wasn't much that they could do so I'm just hoping that they will find the person sooner than later ~

8. liannelow July 15, 2012 at 4:10 pm Reply

HORRIBLE! I hope that the person who did that to you will get retribution! Can’t believe people would do such a thing!!! But lucky you have so many people who loves you and would care for you and make you happy! That pasta looks amazing! I also want the recipe! hehe and that nutella cake! MMMMM (: Want some! hehe

anyways, just want to let you know I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! hehe Can hop over to my blog to seeeee! xx http://foodmadewithlove.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/a-post-of-awards-and-many-thanks/

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 8:49 am Reply

Oh that’s so sweet love :) thank you for the award and your supporting me when I was real cranky hehe ~ but there is nothing food can’t fix hehe I might post that pasta recipe then lol cuz everyone’s been asking but Mr Bao said it was really easy to make! :)

• liannelow July 16, 2012 at 8:51 am Reply

hehe it looks delicious! love chorizo! hehe Will be looking forward to that post! hehe x
        and you’re more than welcome! cos you would do the same for me! hehe

9. Ames July 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm Reply

How awful of that person :( Sorry you had to experience that but glad that you do have so many people who have helped make you feel better with good food and lots of love :). what a lovely bundt cake too! hope you have a good start to the week :).

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 8:50 am Reply

Hello Ames :) Thanks for the comment! I’m feeling much better and I’m sure today is going to be a much better week YAY!

I’m so glad the bundt cake turned out better than I expected but still it would’ve been better if it was a little more moist hehe

10. April July 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm Reply

I already wrote my condolences on Instagram. What an evil person to do that :(

The cake looks fantastic! And I should look for a bundt tin that has a release. It would make it so much easier to remove.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 8:59 am Reply

I got your messages on Instagram April :) Thank you! Very sweet of you to leave them! It’s okay! These things happens i’ve been known to be over optimistic hehe ~

I definitely recommend getting a bundt tin that has a release it’s so much easier to take it out and you can even use baking paper for the sides :D

11. Norma Chang July 16, 2012 at 4:13 am Reply

What goes around comes around. Whoever did that to you will be paying for his/her action down the road. Glad Mr Bao was around to take care of you. What a delicious looking cake.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 9:01 am Reply

Thank you Norma :) I’ve very blessed to have so many people around me to surround me with love ~ It was just one of those annoying things that had to happen…but doesn’t matter these things will pass :D Hope you had a nice weekend!

12. Tina @ bitemeshowme July 16, 2012 at 9:38 am Reply

Curse that person who punctured your tyre. Honestly. But the nutella banana bundt on the other hand.. whoahhhhhhhh! I def gotta make this. Nutella is my favourite thing to eat off a spoon! HAHAHAHA xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 10:31 am Reply

Thanks for dropping by Tina :) I love looking at all your cake pictures on your blog and ofcourse INSTAGRAM :D totally addicted hehe ~

Sighhh I really hope that the police or the body corporate will catch this person because it’s simply not fair!!!

YAY! Another Nutella addict hehe ~ I loveeeee it soooo muchieeeee I bet you’ll make a better bundt because lol honestly mine was a tad dry :(

13. Julie July 16, 2012 at 11:12 am Reply

was going ask the CCTV thingy but Kelly asked already :(. I reckon we can install some mini camera somewhere on your car and get their face!!

• Julie July 16, 2012 at 11:14 am Reply

ps not kidding about the camera thing, i wanna track down this bastard!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 11:46 am Reply

Thank you lovely :) I know Mr Bao is serious about getting a camera put in too ~ we’re hoping that they wont do anything again cuz we’ve got body corp on them hahaha

SIGHHH just don’t want to have to deal with these kinda things again!

14. Jeno @ Week Nite Meals July 16, 2012 at 1:45 pm Reply

Woh Daisy, I am so sorry you had such a bad day! Who in their right mind would do such a horrible thing to another human being just out of spite? I shudder at what the human generation has become…

It does sound like you are very loved! Not just by the people around you, but by the cyber community as well. I hope the harassment stops, and I hope you have tons of yummy foods also great days ahead!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 7:55 pm Reply

Hello Jeno :) It was definitely a bad day but I’m glad it’s over now ~ i’m still not sure why they did this…but at least I am very loved by the people around me hehe :D

Yummy food especially dessert alway makes me happy :) hope you’ve been well xox

15. Tania July 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm Reply

The bad day sucks, but the most important thing is that you got over it and still had a little cake too!!! The bundt cake looks delish, I might just have to try it myself …i just don’t have any nutella at home!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 16, 2012 at 7:50 pm Reply

Thanks Tania :) I’m definitely feeling a lot better now and cake always makes me happy hehe ~

You’ve gotta try this recipe! It’s easy and yummy! Oh no you don’t have Nutella? Hurry go get it hehe we always have a tub of it at home hehe :D

16. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake July 16, 2012 at 8:23 pm Reply

That sounds like such a bad day you had…:( Shame on that person in your apartment!!! That’s HORRIBLE! I’ve had someone stick pins in my tire but it wasn’t as bad as yours…

The food looks fantastic though, well done to all those people who made them! :)

17. penny aka jeroxie July 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm Reply

lots of love from here too! And love the cake… nom max!

18. Iron Chef Shellie July 17, 2012 at 3:51 pm Reply

I don’t get what slashing your tyre is achieving, if they have a problem with you, best to just write you a note or tell you!
    RAGE face!

Anyways… I believe Nutella should be in more things. I will definitely be giving this recipe a go! Love the shape the tin gives it!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 18, 2012 at 4:23 pm Reply

Thanks Shellie :) I don’t really understand why they did it either…honestly, if they had a problem with me they should have just told me like an adult…but ofcourse it is MY car spot so I don’t see the issue sighhh

I agree Nutella should be in more things :) it’ll make the world a sweeter and tastier place lol

19. Nami | Just One Cookbook July 18, 2012 at 5:25 pm Reply

So sorry about the incident, but believe in karma and bad things will go back to the bad person, it may not be now, but eventually!! I’m glad you had good food to cheer you up!

20. Joanna August 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm Reply

OH Daisy:
    I tried it yesterday for my friend(they are couple)
    they love it :)
    but the shape is different because I used loaf pan
    I didn’t have chance to take a photo
    but I tell u the result is “Great”

your Taiwanese friend Joanna

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet August 11, 2012 at 10:36 am Reply

Hello Joanna :)
      I’m so glad you tried another recipe and that it worked out so well for you!
      I love banana and nutella flavoured desserts hehe :)
      What a shame you didn’t take a photo because it would have been lovely to see hehe ~

Doesn’t matter maybe next time!

Have a great day! xoxo