Couponing – Percy Aeroplanes

Mr Bao and I love brunching :) lol as a matter of fact I think we go out for breakfast and brunch wayyyy too much…it’s getting quite expensive…that’s why to save money yet still keep Mr Bao happy I try to ‘coupon’ as much as I can  lol and that’s another reason why I get the Entertainment Book each year ~ Recently I have bought so many coupons from a new couponing provider called ‘Living Social’. I find their deals to be one of the best, in terms of the cafes/restaurants they have on their website  are generally reputable ones that I know serve decent food.

I was a bit apprehensive at first, because I hadn’t exactly bought any ‘coupons’ for cafes before and have heard others having pretty bad experiences such as being treated differently. Anyhow, when there was a breakfast for two offer at Percy’s Aeroplane for $29 which includes 2 breakfasts of your choice, coffee and juice :) I immediately jumped at the offer because I knew fellow blogger Ashely from ‘I’m So Hungry’ recently visited, so it’s gotta be good ~

Such a cute board :)

It was a pretty simple process to buy and use the coupon, simply bought the coupon, called the cafe, told them the code booked in a time and we rocked up :)

I made a booking for a Saturday just before noon, which gave us a sleep in ~ it took us a little while to find Percy’s Aeroplane, because it’s on the corner of Denmark St and Wellington St and because we’re not that familiar with the area we drove past it and had to do a U-turn. Parking is a little annoying, but I think it was slightly better because it was the weekend, I suggest you parking at the back of the cafe ~

‘Fake’ paper plane ~

Once we stepped in we immediately liked the decor of the cafe ~ had all the right elements nice smelling coffee with lots of natural light :) we were given a table at the back and told that we could choose any breakfast we’d like and if we wanted to start off with a coffee.

Mocha ~

You got it lol another mocha :) I didn’t pay attention to the coffee beans that they used hee, my bad sorry guys! It was a decent cup of coffee, however, it was quite weak and I couldn’t taste any chocolate…a little disappointed

Latte

If you thought I was boring :P Mr Bao never changes he always starts with a Latte but then and again he has ventured into other coffees lately, I’ll save that for another post ~ He said it was a ‘decen’t cup but not as ‘smooth’ as he would have liked it to be.

Huevos Rancheros $16

Now onto the food, cause we were starving, it was a pretty chilly morning, so I wanted something comforting so went for the Huevos Rancheros. Which I assume it’s Spanish and basically their version of baked beans with chorizo and eggs. It was the perfect thing for me to eat and with the melted cheese on top YUMMY :) Mr Bao did say that he thought portions were a little small with only one egg and one piece of bread. Usually portion don’t really both me, because I am never able to finish my food…and Mr Bao needs to help me…but I think I was pretty hungry that morning or maybe because Mr Bao ate all my food…I was still feeling a little peckish ~

Pilot’s Breakfast $18

I knew Mr Bao was going to get the Big Breakfast again lol because that’s what he always gets when he’s hungry hehe we really liked the name of it ‘Pilot’s Breakfast’ very cute ~ a very average ‘big breakfast’ with all the usuals – fried egg, bacon, tomato, mushrooms and spinach. Mr Bao was so hungry, he ate the whole thing within minutes…I didn’t even have time to peck on the mushrooms! *RUDE*

Corn Fritters, avocado salsa and tomato vinaigrette $14

So we were both hungry after having the breakfast…a little embarrassed I asked the lovely waitress for the  menu again to see what else we could add. She told us nicely that it was not included in our ‘coupon’ and would need to pay separately for it ~ which of course was fine and I liked how they were upfront about it :) We didn’t really need to look at the menu for long, because we had seen other customers order the ‘corn fritters’ and I was already really interested ~ it smelt SO good :D

It was the perfect thing for us, because it was vegetarian and was quite light ~ We really enjoyed it, especially with the avocado salsa mixed with the sweet corn :) Really delicious! We also liked that the corn fritter wasn’t full of ‘flour’ because the worse are ‘dense’ and ‘floury’ fritters.

Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie

Now brunch wouldn’t be brunch if it didn’t end with something sweet ~ I really wanted to get their banana bread…as soon as I walked in, I told Mr Bao I wanted their banana bread…and that maybe I should order it first…but nope :( he said ‘The banana bread isn’t going anywhere you can order it later…I’m hungry”. ARGH they sold out when I asked for it SIGH… She then suggested that we try the raspberry cheesecake brownie, she even gave us two because she felt bad :) how nice of her! But unfortunately, I didn’t like this brownies, it was really dry…very bland in taste you couldn’t really taste the chocolate or the cream cheese, and the raspberry felt a little out of place. I’m sorry but I wouldn’t recommend this.

Charlie’s Juice

We then finished off with two bottles of Charlie’s juice ~ as a whole we had a great time at Percy’s Aeroplane and was glad that they have now started to open on Saturdays as well, if not we wouldn’t have been able to visit if they only opened Monday to Friday.

Definitely recommend anyone in the area to go and visit for the corn fritters or if you manage to scoop up a nice brunch coupon like us ~ because it really was a great deal :D

Percy's Aeroplane on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , , , ,

36 thoughts on “Couponing – Percy Aeroplanes

1. liannelow June 18, 2012 at 9:45 pm Reply

Wow! This place looks so good! I’m a sucker for corn fritters! hehe looks like I gotta add this place to my list! hehe

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 19, 2012 at 8:41 am Reply

This place is GOOD :) You’ve really gotta go try the corn fritters ~

• liannelow June 19, 2012 at 6:22 pm Reply

hehe so am! have you tried the ones at Replete Providore?

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 20, 2012 at 9:30 am Reply

Nope but i think i’ve seen your photos I should go where is it again love?

2. andy1076 June 18, 2012 at 10:10 pm Reply

Yummers!! :)

3. Choc Chip Uru June 19, 2012 at 6:08 am Reply

Mmm this place looks gorgeous! I am a sucker for places with cute names too :D

4. hotlyspiced June 19, 2012 at 7:14 am Reply

Those portions do look a little small, especially for a brunch. I do love the look of the corn fritters though and the presentation is lovely. Enjoy your brunches Daisy; once you have kids they’re a challenge! xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 19, 2012 at 10:03 am Reply

Yeah the portions really weren’t that big and because we never eat before ‘brunch’ I mean that’s kinda the purpose of having brunch hehe we were quite hungry after our meals hehe and I never get to eat my ‘whole’ brunch cuz Mr Bao eats at least 1/3 of it hehe
      Oh gosh…don’t scare me Charlie LOL don’t think I can deal with having kids any time soon then :P

5. glamorous glutton June 19, 2012 at 7:39 am Reply

I love the look of those strawberry cheesecake brownies. GG

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 19, 2012 at 10:04 am Reply

Unfortunately it looks nicer than it tastes :( Hope you’ve been well!

6. kellysiew June 19, 2012 at 3:33 pm Reply

Yum yum! Melbourne does kick ass brunches and that’s what I miss so much! Nowadays when I have cravings I would have to make them myself.. To avoid being disappointed. :(

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 19, 2012 at 3:54 pm Reply

Oh i know what you mean! it was soooo bad in HK there were no places that served good coffee and pfft lol don’t even talk about brunches…they were so bad it was like ‘mac donald’ standard but it’s all good make ur own hehe you’re great at that!!!

7. ironchefshellie June 19, 2012 at 4:47 pm Reply

Corn fritters are one of my favourite things right now. Glad you asked to try them even though you had to pay extra for them!

Love the cute artwork on the walls!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 20, 2012 at 9:39 am Reply

They’re one of my new found favourites too :) but i haven’t found the ‘BEST’ ones as yet ~ do you have any recommendations?
      I’m so glad i tried too because they were definitely worth it!

I like the artwork too :D

8. machisan June 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm Reply

wonderful place to dine

9. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella June 19, 2012 at 6:35 pm Reply

There are so many of those coupon sites nowadays aren’t there! It sounds like great value-I wonder what it would be like without the coupons? Would you go back? :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 20, 2012 at 9:43 am Reply

There are so many of those coupon sites it really is hard to keep up with… lol :) I think i will go back even without the coupons ~ but there are so many places that i’d like to try that i might be a while before I returned hehe :D

10. libishski June 19, 2012 at 11:09 pm Reply

Coupon sites are great – okay, so some of the deals are rubbish but you do find some gems such as this one every now and then. I love the paper planes on the wall – too cute!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 20, 2012 at 9:44 am Reply

Hey Libby :) I agree that there are some good deals and this was definitely one of them ~ I was so impressed…but then I wasn’t so impressed with another coupon deal that I went to sigh…guess you’ve gotta pick and choose ;)

11. Brunch Addict June 20, 2012 at 12:24 am Reply

Mmm!!!! Your Huevos Rancheros looks so yum!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 20, 2012 at 9:45 am Reply

That was really yummy :) and very comforting now that it’s sooooooo cold!

12. Hannah June 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm Reply

So glad you got good service! And such a shame about the brownie; brownies should be gooeyfudgeyincredible :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm Reply

That’s what I think too Hannah… I was so upset about the brownie doesn’t matter if she gave us 2 :(

13. Nami | Just One Cookbook June 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm Reply

This place looks good. Especially that Huevos Rancheros. It sounds like a worth a visit (but not from SF… sigh!). I love the airplane design – great for my son’s room!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 26, 2012 at 11:49 pm Reply

It was definitely worth visiting and just even better when I had a coupon :) I think most kiddies would like the aeroplanes on the wall too ~

14. Norma Chang June 22, 2012 at 8:41 am Reply

Glad you liked the place and corn fritters do look yummy.

15. April June 25, 2012 at 5:22 pm Reply

Hey, I think I know the guy making the coffee! I’m going to have to make a trip there to see if I do haha. Food looks great too.

I would have to say it is probably cheaper to go out a lot for brunch rather than dinner. We rarely go out for brunch/lunch, instead we like to go for dinner and dinner can end up expensive, especially if you need to add in the cost of drinks!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet June 26, 2012 at 11:52 pm Reply

HAHAHA do you know him? How awkward tell him I’m sorry for taking a photo of him without him knowing hehe :P

I agree that brunching/lunching out is much cheaper and we can budget more than dinner ~ Thank gosh we don’t drink much if not lol every time we go it’ll be so expensive hehe :D