Bad Week – Cupcake Central

Hello Everyone :)

Hope you’ve all had a great week so far ~ I have definitely had one of the worse weeks this year… people around me just seem to pick fights with me and honestly it’s for the smallest and most insignificant things…then everyone just seems to expect so much from me all the time…and to top all that… I had a pretty bad fall a few nights ago and have hurt my back. So my physio suggested that I stay home to rest…but I don’t think my manager was too happy about that which just puts even MORE stress on me ARGHHH I’m sorry everyone! I just really needed to let it all out!

Anyhow, to make all the troubles go away…the only way was to have even MORE desserts LOL I’m sure most readers in Melbourne would have heard and have visited Cupcake Central ~ but I only tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and all I can think about is going back and getting every single FLAVOUR they have!

Lotsa cupcakes ~

There are currently two Cupcake Central stores, one in Hawthorn Glenferrie Road and the other is at Melbourne Central ~ I love the story of owner Sheryl and how she started ‘Cupcake Central’, she was working at an IT professional until she was made redundant in 2009. She then started her own blog and website selling cupcakes and eventually opened her first store in 2010. It’s very inspiring ~ because it’s a great example of ‘Dreams Really Do Come True! And I can relate because I’m working at a IT company right now and even though I love the people that I work with, I’d eventually love to work in an industry or field that is ‘food’ related hehe.

Mr Bao and I have ‘Date Night’ every Friday so after dinner at Snag Stand (will blog about it soon), I dragged him up to Cupcake Central and got cupcakes. We had a ‘Buy One Get One Free’ coupon from the Entertainment book so it only cost us $4AUD for two cupcakes *WIN*  :)

We got there pretty late, there were only a couple of flavours available – Apple Pie, Butter Popcorn, Red Velvet, Cookies and Cream, Raspberry and Banana split. Mr Bao had craved for ‘apple pie’ and ‘apple crumble’ so he immediately chose the Apple Pie flavour.

Apple Pie Cupcake $4AUD

I was really impressed with the Apple Pie cupcake, it was so moist and there were actual apple pieces in the cupcake! The buttercream icing was so smooth and delish! Mr Bao even said ‘Hey hun, I’ve had my apple pie fix, so you don’t need to make it for me anymore…I don’t want you to make a mess’. Hahaha I was a little hurt…but I agree it was DELICIOUS! Wonder if I can try and make an apple pie cupcake at home too?~

Can you see the apple pieces? :)

I immediately wanted to get the ‘Butter Popcorn’ cupcake, but then…I saw the Red Velvet and I couldn’t go pass a Red Velvet cupcake because I’m STILL reminiscing the one from Crumbs Bake Shop hehe.

Butter Popcorn Cupcakes $4AUD

The main problem I have with most cupcakes is the actual ‘cake’ part…more often than not…they’re really dry and slightly tasteless…but their Red Velvet cupcake really impressed me! It was so so so moist and delicate in the mouth! The cream cheese buttercream was lovely too, but I think it could have had a ‘stronger’ cream cheese flavour. But other than that it was one of the most AMAZING cupcakes I’ve had for a while!

Red Velvet Cupcake $4AUD

SO moist YAY!

I’m definitely going to go back for more Cupcakes ~ and I’m interested in their Cupcake Workshop Masterclasses which they have on weekends, you get a baking kit, cupcake mix, frosting mix and 8 cupcakes to take home YAY! Is anyone interested in doing it with me? :D

Now that I’ve had my cupcake fix I’m feeling much better! Thank you everyone who have left me those kind and caring tweets and comments ~ It means a lot to me to receive so much love and support from you!

Cupcake Central Workshop on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , , , ,

31 thoughts on “Bad Week – Cupcake Central

1. Ames May 26, 2012 at 10:53 pm Reply

awww sorry to hear it’s been a crappy week but glad to hear that the cupcakes have made it better :) I actually would be interested in going to the masterclass but it is a bit pricey… let me know how it goes though and if it is worth it :). Hope this new week is better! stay warm ^^ xo

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm Reply

Thanks Ames :) It’s much better now ~ I’ve had LOTS and LOTS of desserts lol not only cupcakes hehe I’ll definitely let you know how I go with the Cupcake Workshop. Hope you keep warm too ~ it’s freezing!

2. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella May 26, 2012 at 10:57 pm Reply

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having a bad week. It always tends to happen all at once doesn’t it?

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 26, 2012 at 11:11 pm Reply

Sighh Lorraine I guess that’s right lol we can’t avoid these bad weeks >_< but it's okay…I'm very loved and all the desserts i've had has made me happie again!

3. Norma Chang May 27, 2012 at 2:05 am Reply

Hope your back is better and this coming week will be a better one. Those cupcakes sure look delicious.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 27, 2012 at 2:15 am Reply

Thanks Norma it’s feeling a bit better now ~ but i really hope this week is going to be much better :D I think I just need more cupcakes hehe ~

4. Choc Chip Uru May 27, 2012 at 6:24 am Reply

I’m sorry to hear that you had such a less-than-awesome week!!! Grrrr sometimes things keep happening and you feel like throwing vases around!
    I hope that by eating these amazing cupcakes you feel better and your luck turns around! Up in Sydney I am making do with Cupcakes on Pitt and cupcake bakery but honestly I make at home now otherwise it’s like eating cardboard!
    Anyways I’m off to buy a one way ticket to Melbourne ;)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm Reply

Thanks Uru :) even though it was a horrible week at least I think this week is a lot better…even though it’s only Monday hehe ~ these amazing cupcakes sure made me feel so much better :D Ohhh i think i remember trying Cupcake bakery but didn’t like it much sigh let me know when you do come to melbourne i’ll take you to cupcake central my treat!

5. I hope you are recovering after your fall. If your manager gives you problems about it, I would speak to your manager’s manager. If you are sick, you have every right to stay home and recover. Don’t worry about it:)
    The cupcakes look so sweet. I just ate a chocolate souffle for breakfast (why? I do not know…it was there on the bench and told me to eat it) and now I am all sweetened out hehe.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 28, 2012 at 3:57 pm Reply

Hi Kim :) I’m recovering slowly sigh my back is still quite painful but slowly getting better and going back to the Physio tomorrow so hopefully it’ll all be okay :) Sigh everyone tells me that it’s my right… but still i feel bad that i took a day off cuz i’m still so new >_< LOL having chocolate souffle for breakfast is totally fine :) i'd do that anytime hehe

6. Michelle May 27, 2012 at 9:36 am Reply

I had my crappy week but survived it. Hope that you survive yours too!

7. bakingaddict May 27, 2012 at 10:32 am Reply

Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad week – things can only get better :) Great idea to have cupcakes to cheer you up – my kind of thinking!! They look amazing and I would like to try every flavour too!! Perhaps I should try and make an apple pie cupcake one day….

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply

Thanks Ros :) i agree things can only get better and so far they are getting better this week woo hoo ~ i really hope it just continues this week for at least the end of the week :D PLEASE whoever’s up there hehe I’m definitely going back to try the flavours soon ~ WOO HOO! and please make an apple pie cupcake cuz i want the recipe I know you can do it :) Pretty please with a cherry on top hehe

8. hotlyspiced May 27, 2012 at 11:11 am Reply

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had a bad week and that to make it worse, you had a fall! That is not good. I do hope you get better soon, Daisy. I love the story the IT professional changing direction to do something she really loves and it turns into a big success. Your turn soon Daisy! I think I would have liked to have tried the banana split cupcake – I’m intrigued. If I was in Melbourne I would love to do this course with you xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:48 am Reply

Thanks Charlie :) Last week was just horrible…but this week it’s much better and I really hope it’ll stay this way hehe woo hoo! I love Sheryl’s story too and really hope LOL it’ll be my turn next but before i keep day dreaming I’m gonna do my best at the job I have now hehe ~ I’m intrigued by all flavours and can’t wait to go back and have them all hohoho hope you come to Melbourne soon so we can do a course or at least hang out with each other xox

9. hotlyspiced May 27, 2012 at 11:15 am Reply

Somehow I’ve missed a lot of your posts. I’ve just subscribed so that should sort the issues! I love honey joys. Yes, they are simple but delicious. I’m not sure if they are Australian. I know we used to eat them in NZ. I think the recipe used to be on the back of the cornflakes packet xx

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:50 am Reply

I’m sorry that you’ve missed my posts Charlie :) really hope the subscription will work and that you wont miss any more ~ thank you for the continuous support if it still doesn’t work just let me know and i’ll email WordPress cuz it hasn’t been working well lately :(

10. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake May 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm Reply

Awww hope you feel better soon!! We all have bad days, it’ll be over and next thing you know it, you’ll be having a good week :) The cupcakes look gorgeous, haven’t had a cupcake since my friend quit her job at a cupcake shop…ahh…miss them…

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:51 am Reply

Thanks Jenny :) I really hope the bad week is over and this week is gonna be a whole lot better :) the cupcakes were so so so delicious you’ve gotta go try ~ i bet you’ll love them too!!!

11. Qiao Qian Tan May 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm Reply

OK, not a cupcake fan but have to admit, they look really good…and the flavours they have there…especially the butter popcorn flavor…would like to try if I get a chance….

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:53 am Reply

LOL QQ i know you’re not a cupcake fan but I promise you – these are GOOD ~ and i’m surprised you want to try the butter popcorn flavour cuz it seems a little too rich for you :P i’ll go with you ANYTIME just let me know when ehhehe

12. Rice Bowl Tales May 28, 2012 at 11:45 am Reply

So sorry to hear that you’ve had such a horrible week, but at least the date night with Mr Bao was so sweet, and the cupcakes were lovely, on top of that, you have the workshop to look forward to, wish I could go with you, you know how big a cupcake fan I am!
    Hope your back will be fully recovered soon, sending you lots of warm hugs :) ~~

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:55 am Reply

Thank you Jane :) I’m feeling a lot better now ~ after such a horrible week I’m glad to say things are much better this week :) woo hoo! Date nights are usually good lol unless we fight but i guess we do that on a daily basis so makes no difference HAHAHA sighhh hope i will make it to the UK at the end of the year and we’ll finally be able to meet up in person!

Have a wonderful week away xox

13. machisan May 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm Reply

very impressed with the shots

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 10:55 am Reply

Thank you for dropping by my blog :) I’m still working on my photography skills lol

14. Hannah May 28, 2012 at 7:51 pm Reply

Oh you poor thing! It’s awful that bad things so often come in threes. Just remember that when people say nasty things, it’s almost always to do with their own unhappiness, and they’re just looking for something to lash out at. Just stay strong in who you are. As for being overloaded and stressed, well… sometimes it feels like that’s all life is, so we must create boundaries and say no sometimes! I truly hope your back starts to feel better soon (REST UP! :P ) and yay for cupcakes!

And that is the end of my long-winded comment :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet May 29, 2012 at 11:53 am Reply

Thank you Hannah :) I’m feeling much better now :) But i agree when one things bad…the whole week is usually horrible but i’m so glad it’s over now yay! And I agree…. people sometimes get to overwhelmed and stressed that they simply lash out and take their anger on others…but honestly it’s not fair…. I’m trying to learn how to say ‘no’ too and not put up with some stuff hehe

My backs still sore but recovering nicely ~ I think I’m just gonna have more cupcakes hehe that’ll be even better WAKAKA

15. libishski May 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm Reply

Hey Daisy, sorry to hear about all that. I hope things are a lot better now, that people aren’t being bitches anymore and that your body is healing :)

I’m not a cupcake fan but out of all the cupcake stores in Melbourne, I think I do prefer this one over the others. I have the Entertainment book too so I will definitely take advantage of the offer – the butter popcorn one sounds delectable. Yums!

16. Nic@diningwithastud June 1, 2012 at 4:52 pm Reply

Cupcakes make everything better ;)