Happy Easter Everyone :D Hope you all got lots of ‘Easter eggs’ ~
Time flies…looking back I’ve already been in HK for the past 4 months ~ this is the longest time I’ve stayed here and definitely one of the best times :) I’ve spent time with family, Mr Bao, caught up with old friends, made new friends and most importantly explored the food scene here ~ HK is definitely a food heaven for foodies :D
Want to take you to a quick trip to Thomas Trillion patisserie in Tin Hau today, before I jump on a 9 hour flight back to Melbourne ~ I’ve wanted to visited Thomas Trillion and have bugged Win Win for such a long time, but because it’s quite inconvenient for us to get there, we keep putting it off.
The mastermind behind Thomas Trillion, is Thomas Lui an experienced pastry chef with a passion for chocolate ~ upon walking into the store, you will see numerous awards and medals from various competitions.
They had a reasonable number of cakes displayed in the cabinet, they’re all so pretty! Like a piece of art ~ However, flavours weren’t as creative as I expected, they were quite regular. For instance, they simply had a ‘cheesecake’ with no description of whether it was ‘baked’ or ‘New York’. I would have liked to try the chocolate spheres with the little holes called ‘Roseanna’ filled with Greek yogurt cream, raspberry cream and yellow fruit compote. But we didn’t feel like having Greek yoghurt ~ so we got something else hehe
They did have one cake that was a little more unique because I don’t see many ‘peanut towers’ which are chocolate discs sandwiched with peanut mousse ~ I immediately thought of Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker who absolutely LOVES peanut butter ~ Not sure if you’ll like this but hehe it just reminded me of you :)
They had a wider range of pralines for $20HKD each, once again they are so cute and perfectly made ~ I didn’t try any but maybe next time, if anyone has tried or will try please let me know what you think of them :)
I don’t know if you can actually purchase this, as they have a ‘display only’ label, but this looks magnificent and I really wouldn’t mind receiving this for my birthday or Valentine’s day *hint hint hint* Mr Bao :P
We started with the Rosy Rosa which is a Chocolate breton biscuit layers with Griotte compote and 68% chocolate mousse. Its so shiny ~
We shared this with my Bro In Law (Win WIn’s husband) as well, and neither of us liked it. We couldn’t really taste the chocolate in the mousse and the Griotte compote was extremely bitter, and wasn’t pleasant at all to eat. I only liked the breton biscuit layer :(
Next up – Strawberry Mille Feuille, unfortunately, this was another disappointment, the puff pastry, tasted like deep-fried wonton wrappers, but the worst would have to be the vanilla bean custard, it had NO vanilla taste at all and just tasted like ‘egg yolks’, I’m not usually this harsh, but I thought it was borderline ‘disgusting’ sorry!
The last and the best out of the 3 was their ‘Cheesecake’, a very simple and traditional cheesecake with a very thin layer of short crust base, which I would’ve liked if it was a little thicker. In terms of the cheesecake itself, it was quite ‘pleasant’ to eat, very soft and smooth and had a stronger cream cheese flavour. However, we still prefer the cheesecakes from Mandarin Oriental or Gioia By Chi ~ which is also cheaper :)
Thomas Trillion was definitely a disappointment to us, because I’ve read good reviews about them but I guess it’s always like that when you have high expectations and they don’t fulfil them, you’re more likely to be disappointed >_<
G/F, No 17 Wing Hing Street, Triumphant Court,
North Point, Hong Kong
PH: 2806 0332
Before I head off to the airport, I just wanted to say thank you to a few people in HK:
– My loveliest and dearest Readers from all over the world :) thank you for reading and supporting me for the past 4 months, it has definitely made my stay here more interesting and enjoyable! I have loved sharing with you all my ‘foodie adventures’ ~
– Win Win for always eating out with me and helping me cross off many restaurants off my ‘wish list’ :D Love you Sis! Gonna miss you like crazy!
– Sasa my best friend, thanks for allowing me to order 2 desserts and only one main and giving me all the time I need to take photos! Take good care of yourself! Hope to see you real soon!
– Mary my dear friend from NYC wouldn’t have had a such a great trip and go eat at all those places without you! Miss you ~
– All my old friends in HK – Terence, Kenneth, Jovian, William, Eunice, Ellen, Connie, Joseph, Flora, Kennise, Jack and Cindy sorry if I forgot to add you to this list – Thanks for always spending time with me when I’m in HK, can’t wait till we catch up again!
– All my new friends – Kaylee, Terry, HK Epicurus, Chocolate Mui Mui, Sai Lee, Mercury and Peggy – So great to have met you guys and I wish we had known each other sooner! I’ll be back soon ~ Don’t forget about me!
Even though I think I’m ready for ‘full-time work’ there’s still a part of me which wants to stay as a student and not have to enter the ‘real’ world yet :P So please wish me luck and stay with me as I enter the next most important stage of my life :) xoxo