Sugar High – Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome :) Even though I miss NYC  it’s lovely to be back and continue blogging! I was getting an itch and wanted to blog so much when I was there ~

Now to my second post, once again I was really torn between all the fabulous places we visited and I know Mr Bao isn’t going to agree with this, but I decided to my second post will be about the AMAZING caramel apple I bought at – Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in the Jersey Garden Outlets. Very briefly Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is an all American and old-fashioned candy and chocolate store with locations all around America :) good news for those who aren’t in New York ~

Conveniently located near the entrance :)

We got to the Jersey Garden Outlet pretty early, at around 10:15am (they opened at 10am), we didn’t want to waste any shopping time ~ But Rocky Mountain wasn’t open then, so we did our shopping and just before we were going to leave…I quickly dashed into the store to check it out and that was probably one of the best decisions I made throughout the whole trip.

Why? Well prepare yourself! Because I am now going to take you to my heaven :)

Variety of candy and caramel apples!

Sorry if that sounds a little exaggerated, but I’m still reminiscing over the candy apples! Just look at them! All the different types of candy and caramel apples you can think of! There was one covered in mini M&Ms, a Rocky Road one and even an Apple Pie candy apple!

S'mores Caramel Apple $6.95USD

I regret not trying this caramel apple :( just in case you can’t read the description – this was a Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel , then rolled in white confection (I assume icing sugar) then rolled in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows then finished with graham crackers. My mouth is watering SO SO SO badly right now!

Ultimate Apple $6.95USD and Candy Apple $3USD

We were all pretty tired from shopping so I quickly asked the shop assistant (who wasn’t very nice) what their signature apple was and she suggested that ‘Ultimate Apple’ oh boy it was so delectable! It’s basically a Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel sauce, rolled in crushed pecans, then rolled in crushed Oreos and finished off with icing sugar drizzled all over it! It was one of the most PLEASURABLE things I have eaten in such a long time!

I know most of you must think this is sickeningly sweet… but honestly it wasn’t that bad because the tartness of the Granny Smith really balanced it out ~ but then…don’t take my word for it I’m immune to sugar ~

WARNING - Very hard to bite into it ~

I also got the traditional candy apple, be warned though the toffee was really hard and it took me a good minute or two to bite into it :) It was much easier to eat the Ultimate apple because the caramel dipping was still soft when I ate it.

Mr Bao didn’t even try the Ultimate! He said it just too sweet and that it made him sick just looking and thinking about the caramel sauce hahaha

They also have an array of chocolate, barks, chocolate dipped marshmallows in their cabinets ~

Chocolate cabinet

I bought Mr Bao a dark chocolate dipped marshmallow, but unfortunately he said there wasn’t anything special to it. Doesn’t matter, as long as I have my Ultimate Apple I’m happy :) I went a little crazy and had the candy apple for breakfast, hence, I was on a sugar high all day long ~

I very politely demand you find a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory when you go to America next time! You’ll be in heaven like me! And for anyone going to New York definitely go to the Jersey Garden outlets! Mr Bao and I shopped so much, everything was on sale and a bargain to buy!

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
Jersey Gardens
651 Kapkowski Road
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Ph: +1 (908) 352-2460

For other locations please visit their website.

Tagged: , , , , ,

23 thoughts on “Sugar High – Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

1. bakingaddict January 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm Reply

wow looks like a sugar high indeed! Never been a fan of caramel apples but I would love to give this a try. Apple is still a fruit so it’s acceptable breakfast food :) and it counts for one of your 5 a day!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 3:22 am Reply

How can you not like candy apples Ros :) Damn I thought you were my partner in crime doesn’t matter we’ll have other desserts together hehe and I like that! I don’t feel so bad now having candy apple for breakfast ~

2. Michelle chin January 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm Reply

sometimes when i bite into the caramel layer, my teeth hurts. :(

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 3:21 am Reply

I know what you mean! I was about to bang the toffee layer on the side of a the table to break it up a little ~

3. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella January 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm Reply

Oh my! I love candy apples (that’s the only way I really like raw apples apart from in Bircher muesli :P) and this is candy apple heaven! :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 3:20 am Reply

Exactly! It’s a candy apple heaven! I was in heaven :) Amazing place hehe I don’t mind raw apples but candy apples are the best way to eat them ~

4. hotlyspiced January 21, 2012 at 7:44 pm Reply

I can’t believe the size of those toffee apples. They are enormous! And who doesn’t love a toffee apple! That is a fabulous shop selling every conceivable thing if you need a sugar high.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 3:14 am Reply

Yeah i know! They were massive :) i swear they chose larger apples cuz I don’t think granny smith apples I get from Coles in Melbourne are that big!

I’d love to be on a sugar high everyday from the things this shop sells hehe

5. todays date January 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm Reply

i love your blog, i have it in my rss reader and always like new things coming up from it.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 2:59 am Reply

thanks for the comment :) i try to keep my posts interesting and introduce new things hehe

6. Winston January 22, 2012 at 2:16 am Reply

wuu wah… so much sweeet candy goodness. so excited for you haha! the flavours seem really interesting. the s’mores ones appeal to me most too. maybe its cuz s’mores to me is such a quintessential american snack haha. interesting read of your nyc trips! =D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 2:50 am Reply

Really? I would’ve thought the S’mores would’ve been too sweet and rich for you! Because I remember you telling me you don’t really have much of a sweet tooth hehe :) Can’t wait to read your Malaysia posts too ~

7. penny aka jeroxie January 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm Reply

I saw these as well. Could not bring myself to eat it…..

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 22, 2012 at 5:44 pm Reply

I understand :) they are pretty huge, sweet and rich ~ hehe but just perfect to satisfy my MASSIVE sweet tooth!
      Happy CNY!

8. Miss Kimbers @ Fruit Salad and Mixed Veg January 22, 2012 at 7:10 pm Reply

Woah, this looks so sweet! My teeth are scared just looking at the photos;)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 23, 2012 at 4:32 am Reply

Hahaha don’t be scared :) Because I promise once you walk in you’ll be enticed to try those candy apples hehe ~

9. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake January 22, 2012 at 11:18 pm Reply

Omg that’s a lot of candy apples! They look very sweet and they’re huge! Not sure if I can finish one by myself :P

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 23, 2012 at 4:35 am Reply

Hey Jenny :)
      Yeah they were HUGE ~ that’s why I had mine for breakfast hahaha when I was starving and i forced Mr Bao to have more of the toffee apple lol

10. Glamorous Glutton January 23, 2012 at 9:29 am Reply

Fabulous candy apples. I’ve only seen the basic toffee apples here but I still loved them as a kid. We always made them for Halloween. The candy looks amazing as do the huge apples. : ) GG

11. Jennifer (Delicieux) January 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm Reply

Those toffee apples look fabulous….as does that chocolate cabinet!! Yum!

12. Cupcake Crazy Gem January 24, 2012 at 9:36 am Reply

Yum, my sisters brought back tons of pictures of these crazy covered caramel apples when they visited California back in the summer! I have always wanted to try an Oreo one! and I LOVE the sound of the s’mores one! Sorry the lady who served you wasn’t friendly – I have always found the staff in shops to be super friendly over there, that’s one of the things I love about America!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm Reply

Hello Gem :) Maybe you can try making your own Oreo-one hehe I love how they have so many Oreo flavoured desserts over in the States hehe

Yeah I agree most people are so lovely there but this lady was just rude…and when I asked if they had any stores else where…she just said ‘no here is the only one’ but then there’s like many stores across the country! Sigh if i had known I would’ve had bought more candy apples >_<

You should make another trip to the States you'll love it!

13. Hannah January 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm Reply

Teehee, I remember taking photos of every single kind of candy apple in RMCF back in 2007, because it blew my mind! I’ve always disliked apples with chocolate and candy, though, so I never bought one. I knew I’d just eat the outside and skip the inside ;)