I Heart NYC – Shake Shack

Hello my lovely readers :) I’m BACK! My short but sweet visit to NYC has finally ended and Mr Bao and I and arrived at 5:30am, I’m still pretty jet lagged so I’m not too sure if it’s today or yesterday . Nonetheless I’m home and feeling quite perplexed because even though it’s nice to be back with family and out of the cold…I wish we had more time to explore the city ~

Times Square ~ 5 min walk from our hotel

In a nutshell, Mr Bao and I had the MOST amazing time in New York! We ate, drank and shopped so much it was crazy! We were basically having 5 meals a day and both came back with 2 full suitcases filled with new clothes, accessories and other bits and pieces that we bought! It was great that our hotel was situated right next to Times Square and only took a quick 5 minute walk for us to get the centre.

View of Manhattan from Brooklyn

Thanks to our Big Apple Greeter Julie (a free touring service) who took us over to Brooklyn, we got the chance to look at Manhattan from the other side and it was stunning! I’ve seen pictures of Manhattan before, but it wasn’t until I saw for myself…that I realised it was so pretty and well organised, with the different areas lying nicely next to each other. The night view from the Empire State building was even better ~

View from the Empire State Building

I have so much that I’d love to share with you :) but after long chat with Mr Bao and little reassurance from Ms Piggy, I decided to dedicate my first NYC post to the one and only ‘SHAKE SHACK‘. So many bloggers have recommended Shake Shackand now I know why ~ although Shake Shack has been well blogged about, I couldn’t think of anything better and more addictive than the Shack burger!

Shake Shack Theatre District location

Not only were we 5 minutes away from Times Square, it was only a 3 minute walk to Shake Shack in the theatre district :) I had originally planned to go to Shake Shack on the first day …but I chose to go to Momofuku Ssam bar first because that was further away :)

So hard to find a table

Eventually on the third day we finally made it to Shake Shack for lunch! When we got there the line was crazily long, yet it was only 11:30am and I didn’t expect it to already be so busy. I got Mr Bao to wait in line, while I was on the hunt for an empty table :) after a good 15 minutes, I finally found us a table by the window and Mr Bao had come back to the table with a cute ‘buzzer’.

Shake Shack Buzzer *cute*

We were famished, the 10 minute wait seemed so much longer… *brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr* the buzzer finally went off YAY!

Double Shack Burger $7USD, Cheeseburger $6.50USD and French Fries $2.65USD

Mr Bao got the Double Shack which is hamburger with two patties and double the cheese, while I got the cheeseburger. I don’t think I can tell you which one was better… because they were both SO DAMN good :)

I swear these are the MOST delicious burgers I have ever had in my whole entire life! I never want to have a burger from Maccas or anywhere else! The patty was so flavoursome and with melted cheese, the right amount of lettuce and tomato I was literally in heaven! Oh and the bun was so light and fluffy :) Usually when I have a burger I tend to pull it apart, but I didn’t have to do that for the Shack burgers! I just wanted to have another one!

Black and white shake $5 USD

Best drink to go with burgers? It’ll have to be a rich, sweet and thick Black and White shake :) which is basically and vanilla and chocolate thick shake!

I don’t want to think about the calories and the consequences of having these burgers because it was ALL worth it!

A MUST MUST MUST when you go to NYC :)

Shake Shack (Theater District) on Urbanspoon

I also want to say a MASSIVE thank you to my dear friends Mary and Kalvin who picked us up from the airport, took us around and made our trip so enjoyable! Miss you guys xox

Tagged: , , ,

25 thoughts on “I Heart NYC – Shake Shack

1. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella January 19, 2012 at 7:14 pm Reply

Welcome back :) Those Shake Shack burgers look amazing! :o They look really nice and juicy!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 20, 2012 at 4:39 am Reply

Thanks Lorraine :) it’s nice to be back and celebrate NYC with my family hehe the burgers are to die for!

2. Hannah January 19, 2012 at 8:41 pm Reply

New York, New York! Light of my life, love of my soul! Too many days is never enough in that city. And in four trips in as many years, I’ve never been to Shake Stack. Oops! Cannot WAIT for your next posts! :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 20, 2012 at 4:46 am Reply

Wow you’ve gone on four trips that’s amazing~ I can’t wait to go back again :D You gotta go to Shake Shack next time!

3. penny aka jeroxie January 19, 2012 at 8:48 pm Reply

I missed out on this when I was in NYC. too much to eat!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 20, 2012 at 5:44 am Reply

I know what you mean! I missed out on having frozen yoghurt :( not fair >_<

4. Jane Lee January 19, 2012 at 9:27 pm Reply

Me too! I’ve been to NYC quite a few times, have never been there! Will definitely go next time ~ thank you so much for recommending it, can’t wait to read your next exciting report :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 20, 2012 at 5:46 am Reply

Thanks Jane :) Can’t wait to share with everyone my foodie adventures ~ Definitely put Shake Shack on your list next time :D

5. bakingaddict January 20, 2012 at 9:40 am Reply

Welcome back! Look like you had a good time in NYC… makes me feel like going back. I stayed near Times Square last time but never made it to the shake shack! The burgers look amazing… looks like I’ll have to plan another trip to NY!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 5:45 am Reply

Thanks Ros :) I had the best time!!! You’ve got go back soon and you MUST try shake shack it’s the BEST!!! I’m craving one now hehe

6. Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) January 20, 2012 at 9:41 am Reply

Friends recently had their second trip in New York and, having not tried Shake Shack the first time around, I urged them to visit this famed burger joint – and this is coming from me when I haven’t even been to New York myself!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 5:46 am Reply

Hello Rita :) Thanks for the comment! That’s how good this place is hehe even though you haven’t tried it but you’re already recommending it your friends ~ I’m sure your friends will thank you!

7. Miss Piggy January 20, 2012 at 12:54 pm Reply

Oh, that Cheeseburger is literally THE LOVE OF MY LOVE. How good is it – just seeing your picture makes me want to fly to NYC for one.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 5:47 am Reply

The absolutely best freaking cheeseburger! Honestly, before going I thought…it must be over-rated but OMG it’s so so so good! I can’t wait to plan my next trip too :)

8. Tenille @ My Family Table January 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm Reply

I need a cheeseburger now. Yum!

Glad you had a lovely time in NYC. Between Shake Shack and Katz’s Deli, I’m going to have to go. Soon.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 5:56 am Reply

I didn’t get the chance to go to Katz’s deli or Carnegie Deli :( will have to go back soon too ~

9. hotlyspiced January 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm Reply

What a fabulous holiday. You must have found it so hard to get on the plane and head for home. Those burgers look irresistible. I hope you recover quickly from the flight and the shift in time zones.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 5:53 am Reply

Hello Charlie ;) I had a fantastic holiday! Just wished I was there for a few more days! Mr Bao and I were so so so close to extending our trip…but then we would’ve had to pay more and get another hotel…sigh…i’m still recovering from the jet lag it’s horrible >_<

10. msihua January 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm Reply

Welcome back! Shake shake shake those burgers babeh!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 5:50 am Reply

Thanks I-hua :) The burgers are divine! Have a lovely trip back home ~

11. Nami | Just One Cookbook January 21, 2012 at 6:23 am Reply

Welcome back! Oh I bet you had so much fun there…. so envious! Shake Shack sounds like a place that I will go for sure, with or without kids! Gourmet hamburger joints are popping out everywhere and I definitely enjoy trying new places with always strawberry milkshake… This place looks really good!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 21, 2012 at 12:45 pm Reply

Thanks Nami :) It’s nice to be back! Yeah I’ve heard from other people from the States that the hamburger has become gotten a lot of attention lately ~ you’ve gotta go to NYC soon and go to Shake Shack I’m sure they make a great strawberry milkshake hehe Mr Bao wanted the strawberry but because I don’t lol we got the black and white shake ~

12. Cupcake Crazy Gem January 24, 2012 at 9:34 am Reply

I’m so glad you made it to shake shack! Being the HUGE milkshake lover I am I have wanted to go there in forever but the last time I was in NY was before it had opened up! but all my friends say it is amazing! and your recount and pictures are no different! I am insanely jealous of your visit! but thanks for sharing the pictures with us – can’t wait to see the rest!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet January 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm Reply

Ohhh that’s a shame that it wasn’t even open yet :( I think that’s a hint that its time that you go back :)
      the burger and the shakes were the were AMAZING! I’ve tried to stay away from milkshakes but it was just the best thing I’ve had for such a long time ~

Can’t wait to share the rest with you ~ Thanks for reading!

13. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed April 18, 2012 at 9:15 am Reply

oh :( I never got to go here! The one day I was going to it was pouring with rain & the area was close. nooooo! must go back!
    Heidi xo