Tassie’s Best Coffee – Doctor Coffee

HELP!!! I’m having SERIOUS coffee and muesli withdrawals :) I simply haven’t been able to find a place in Hong Kong that makes decent coffee or knows what Bircher Muesli is >_<  That’s why I wanted to take you guys back to Hobart and introduce you guys to the best coffee in Tasmania – Doctor Coffee that Mr Bao :) I’ve gotta give him credit because its his discovery hehe

Cute baristas ~

Doctor Coffee is located at the Salamanca Place, where they have an outdoor art and craft/flee market there every Saturday fro 8:30am to 3:30 rain or shine :) Last year I missed the Salamanca Market and went home on a Friday. So I made sure I stayed in Hobart over the weekend this time YAY!

The stalls ~

Really liked the music they played :)

The market sure wasn’t a disappointment, there was a variety of stalls ranging from those selling fresh local produces such as fruit and vegetables to the famous Tasmanian manuka honey. There were also quite a few stalls selling cakes and lollies, I bought some really nice homemade caramel fudge and some AMAZING boysenberry jam :) For fellow Melbourne bloggers I think this market is a cross between the St Kilda Esplanade market and the Caribbean Garden market in Scoresby. Definitely recommend those who’s visiting Hobart to check this market out :)

Anyhow, back to the BEST coffee in Hobart ~ Mr Bao stumbled across Dr Coffee when I was complaining about the rain and that I needed my 3pm pick-me-up mocha. Even though I had to wait in the rain for 15 minutes, it was totally worth it! Sorry I don’t have any pictures to show you, but the mocha had a PERFECT mix of coffee and cocoa, it wasn’t too sweet nor was the coffee overpowering! Best part is they added a little cinnamon which gave the mocha a twist that worked very well together!

BEST the muesli bar!

They also had the most OUTSTANDING homemade muesli bar I’ve had! I think it’s slightly over priced, $5.5 for such a small bar but I’m willing to pay $15.5 for that bar. It was SO delicious I went back the next day and bought 2 more to take home with me!!! I’m not sure if you can see it, but on the hand side next to the word ‘Doctor Coffee’, there’s a gold sticker, which says that their muesli bar has won a gold medal!

Going to try everything else next time :(

They had other goodies on display, but I was too full to try anything else….Damn! So I’ve promised myself next time I go to try everything else on their menu. I didn’t get to try their breakfast menu, but check out Ms Piggy’s post about Doctor Coffee, the breakfast looks SO scrumptious!!!

Next time you go to Tassie, don’t forget to try out their best coffee!
Ps. What are your plans for New Years? :) I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Doctor Coffee on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , , , ,

19 thoughts on “Tassie’s Best Coffee – Doctor Coffee

1. bakingaddict December 29, 2011 at 9:10 am Reply

Definitely checking this out if I ever make my way over to Taz! And the markets in Melbourne :) Happy New Year to you too! Dinner and a friends party for me.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 6:16 am Reply

Yup yup add it to your list :) The markets in Melb are the best~ Can’t wait to take u around!
      Nice i’m prob doing the same just a nice dinner with friends hehe and lots of dessert!

2. Miss Piggy December 29, 2011 at 9:40 am Reply

Thanks for the link to my blog – very nice of you! I wish I’d tried the muesli bar now…sounds great. Aren’t the Salamanca Markets fantastic. Nothing like that in Sydney which is a bit sad really.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 6:17 am Reply

You’re very welcome Miss Piggy :) The Salamanca Market was great! I didn’t expect it to be so good hehe i like The Rocks Market in Sydney too ~ Any other markets i should check out next time I’m there?

3. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella December 29, 2011 at 8:10 pm Reply

Looks delicious! The food in Tasmania is great :) Have you tried making your own Bircher? It’s quite easy :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 6:18 am Reply

I know when are you going to Tassie Lorraine? :)
      I haven’t tried…maybe i should hehe any good recipes? My parents dun like the idea of leaving it in the fridge overnight they don’t think it’s ‘healthy’ HAHAHA so much for being Asian :P

4. Adrian (Food Rehab) December 29, 2011 at 8:55 pm Reply

Salamanca Market rocks! If only I had a bigger bag the last time I went, I would have bought more! Even the hotdogs are great :) Hope I can come back soon.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 6:19 am Reply

Hahaha i didn’t try the hot dogs but i tried the scallop pie! Did you try that? It’s so so so NICE :) I wanna go back to hehe how cool would it be if I could go visit a different state each month hehe

5. Shabs December 30, 2011 at 6:20 am Reply

Thank you Daisy for your kind wishes . Happy to discover another blog , will be back o explore :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 6:33 am Reply

Hope you’re feeling better :) Thanks for coming by my blog! Glad i found yours too! Happy New Years ~

6. Cakelaw December 30, 2011 at 8:59 am Reply

Sounds like a fun place – cute baristas are a bonus!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 10:53 pm Reply

Definitely worth checking out :) hahaa i swear cute baristas are an incentive to go back hehe

7. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake December 30, 2011 at 11:19 am Reply

I’ve actually never been to Tassy! I really should since it looks so beautiful and natural, now you make me want to go there for coffee!! :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 10:57 pm Reply

hahaha I feel like an advocate for Tassie but definitely go when you can ~ it’s a great place! And the coffee’s so good!

8. Jennifer (Delicieux) December 30, 2011 at 8:33 pm Reply

Salamanca markets are fantastic. I used to live in Tasmania and loved visiting Hobart and the markets. There are so many wonderful stalls and so much delicious food. Thank you for sharing your photos and taking me back there.

Happy New Year!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 30, 2011 at 11:01 pm Reply

Thanks for commenting! How long did you live in Tassie? It must’ve been a great place to live ~ I miss all the markets, nothing like that in Hong Kong :(

Happy New Years too! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you!

9. Joie December 31, 2011 at 7:18 am Reply

Nice writeup on the local market in Tassie! Have always wanted to try all the world’s best coffee. A coffee a day keeps the doctor away… (no pun intended)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 31, 2011 at 7:22 am Reply

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment!
      I totally agree a good coffee a day keeps the doctor away hehe key word is it has to be ‘good’ coffee :)

Happy New Years!

10. […] was then followed by a revisit to Doctor Coffee, one of the first places I actually blogged about ~ I really like their mocha, it’s more like a hot chocolate with cinnamon, so best way to […]