Tassie Delight – Raincheck Lounge

Wanted to continue with another Tassie post because it seems like not many people have gone to Tassie before and I’d love to share with you guys all the hidden treasures I found in Hobart :)

Today, I’d like to introduce *drum-rolls please* “Raincheck Lounge” once again in North Hobart and conveniently across the road from Sweet Envy. Hahaha that’s how we found it! Mr Bao suggested we have breakfast at Raincheck Lounge because he liked the name when Googling for cafes around the area ~ so off we go!

Raincheck Lounge is a nice medium sized cafe on the main street (Elizabeth Street) with a hippie type of atmosphere, it offers the usual cafe food but BETTER :)

It was packed when we arrived at around 10:30am. We had to wait for a few minutes because we needed a bigger table to fit 6 people, the staff there were quite friendly and gave us a nice spacious table ~

We ordered from the breakfast menu, but they are open for dinner Wednesday to Saturday and I overheard another table complimenting the Tapas were really good! Damn! I was flying back to Melb the same day…guess there’s always next time ~

Most of us ordered something different and I was able to taste everyone’s dish YAY for me hehe but I have a thing for muesli so I got the Bircher Muesli ~ it was SO good lol! I loved how they used real vanilla beans to make the homemade yogurt! Yum yum YUM!

Mr Bao and his mate KP got the Big Breakfast ~ a little TOO big for me, but they seemed to really like it!
Ms W got the Eggs Florentine – she’s never had it before and she really liked it, even though she thought the hollandaise sauce was a little too rich ~ I had a taste and liked it! It was a good balance between the lemon and butter flavour :)
While Ms E and Mr Chef got the Eggs Benedict which they really enjoyed! I’m such a meat lover! I liked the Eggs Benedict more than the Florentine :) And i forgot to mention the eggs to perfectly poached ~ Sigh i’ve failed so many times at home lol
One of the disappointments were the coffees, not really that exciting…my mocha (on the left) was quite bland and even though it looks quite pretty with the chocolate dots on the side…it just wasn’t as nice as I expected it to be. While Mr Bao thought his cappuccino wasn’t strong enough.
Overall, a very nice cafe and even though coffees weren’t great, the food was to die for! So don’t miss out and maybe you can try out their tapas and let me know if they’re any good :)

Raincheck Lounge Cafe Wine Bar Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Enjoy!
Ps. Only 9 Days till Christmas!!! So excited!!

Tagged: , , , ,

19 thoughts on “Tassie Delight – Raincheck Lounge

1. bakingaddict December 16, 2011 at 9:45 am Reply

Eggs benedict – yum! Havent had that in ages. Will make a note of these places to try if I ever get to Tasmania!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 2:44 am Reply

You’ve gotta go!!! It’s such a beautiful place :) Any good cafes around you? Go have eggs benedict i think it’s one of the best breakfasts hehe

2. cat December 16, 2011 at 4:29 pm Reply

More Tassie posts are definitely appreciated!!! :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 2:42 am Reply

Sure thing :) I still have a few more placed I’d love to share with you guys! YAY! Thx for always supporting me~

3. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella December 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm Reply

I have only been to Tasmania once but there was so much to discover! :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 2:44 am Reply

When was the last time you went? You’ve gotta go back and explore it some more :D

4. Faith December 17, 2011 at 1:32 am Reply

Sounds like a pretty good cafe overall — I love the pretty archways in there! Breakfast looks yummy and I’ve been craving eggs benedict lately! :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 2:46 am Reply

Highly recommend you going!!! It’s a great cafe :) lovely environment and great food hehe one of the best ways to start a day would be to have eggs benedict ~

5. mrbaobao December 17, 2011 at 3:40 am Reply

I really love the big breakfast! Probably one of the best I’ve tried:) The bacon was well cooked, tender but yet keeps the crispy edge~ The mushroom has a well balanced buttery taste. I even ordered the holladaise sause to have the eggs! Yum!! makes me wanna go there again!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 3:41 am Reply

Hahaha you basically wanted to DRINK that hollandaise sauce :) so where should we go back first Sydney or Tassie? ~

6. Jill | Dulce Dough December 17, 2011 at 3:58 am Reply

The eggs benedict looks so yummy! Sounds like a great place to eat!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 4:00 am Reply

Thanks for coming by my blog :)

It was really good! You should definitely check it out when you go to Tassie ~

7. Deeba Rajpal (@vindee) December 17, 2011 at 12:37 pm Reply

Been Down Under several times but never ‘under enough’…now I wish I’d visited Tassie as well. What a fun delicious post…I’m hungry! I love this beautiful cafe.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 18, 2011 at 12:58 am Reply

Ahh really? That’s such a shame! Where did you go last time you were here? You’ve gotta go to Tassie soon :) Such a beautiful place!

8. Hannah December 17, 2011 at 9:26 pm Reply

Oh my gosh, that place is so cute! I love the clouds in the walls :) And I think I’d like that bircher muesli almost as much…

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 18, 2011 at 12:53 am Reply

I know :) it had a very relaxing atmosphere lol i feel a thing for muesli my friends call it ‘bird food’ hahaha

9. Miss Kimbers @ Fruit Salad and Mixed Veg December 18, 2011 at 11:05 am Reply

Mmm the big breakfast is just the right size:) I have a thing for scrambled eggs and fried tomatoes at the moment hehe

10. Cakelaw December 20, 2011 at 6:06 pm Reply

Great post! Call me a piggy, but I want the big breakfast.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 20, 2011 at 11:40 pm Reply

Thanks for coming by ;)
      Nah your not a piggy ~ I like the big breakfast too but I ve been indulging too much gotta watch what I eat so I don’t turn into an elephant ~