French Import – L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon

Hello everyone!

Are you all ready for Christmas?!? Can you believe it! It’s going to be Christmas in 15 days! Barely 2 weeks left! I’m SO excited! Christmas is one of my favourite times in the year :) I love the whole atmosphere, the red, green and white decorations and most importantly I LOVE XMAS food hehe my parents don’t really celebrate Christmas so not a lot of celebrations with them…but definitely going out for a good feast with Mr Bao and other friends. What do you all have planned for Christmas?

Alright better get on with today’s post, for those who have been following me on Twitter (thanks for everyone who’s following me :) you may have noticed that I’ve been stuffing my face with so much food hahaha and yesterday I found the BEST, let me repeat that the BEST lemon tart in the WHOLE of Hong Kong! I am dead serious! And it was from a French import – L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon Le Salon de The  in Central.For those who aren’t familiar of Hong Kong, there’s basically the Kowloon Island and the Hong Kong island (Sorry I know it can get a little confusing) and Central would have to be the CBD of the Hong Kong Island with heavy influences from Western countries.

Back to Robuchon (for short), my sister suggested that I try it in the Landmark hotel, so yesterday coincidentally Mr Bao and I were running some errands in the Central area and decided to check this ‘Robuchun’ out :) and it was the BEST decision I’ve made in HK so far!

I’m really sorry about the quality of the photos! I didn’t do a very good job yesterday :(

Once we walked in it felt like we were transported back to Melbourne with so many Caucasians walking around and enjoying their morning tea :) many of which are expats from various countries ~ I swear I heard a guy speaking with a thick Aussie accent or maybe that was just my imagination again hehe we liked the nice and sleek environment of the patisserie with the bright red chairs and black marble tables.

Mr Bao ordered a ginger latte and a pear danish – he liked Robuchon so much he said he’s willing to take a ferry or the metropolitan train just to get to Central and get their pastries hahaha

Pear Danish

The puff pastry of the pear danish was simply divine! It was just perfect so light and flaky! And the custard underneath the pears was SO delicious! It was a shame they didn’t have a vanilla slice or something like that which has more custard

I ordered the lemon tart :)

Best Lemon Tart in Hong Kong

I don’t know where to start with this lemon tart it was so good Mr Bao and I were fighting over it (of course I won!) for starters the tart case was so thin and crispy with a chocolate coated based. While the lemon filling was so yummy wasn’t too sweet, wasn’t too tangy nor too rich it was just right! This is a MUST have if you go to Robuchon!

I’m a little embarrassed to tell you this but it wasn’t until I did some Googling and researching when I got home, that I found out Joel Robuchon the creator and owner was such a famous chef! He has been named the Chef of the Century and his restaurants have received 3 Michelin stars :) no wonder his pastries were so good! I’m definitely coming back and gonna try the tea set next time!

Address
Shop  315 and 401
The Landmark
Central
Hong Kong
+852 2166 9000

If you’re not in Hong Kong and still want to try the pastries or food from Robuchon he has other tea salons and restaurants around the world for more information please go to http://www.joel-robuchon.net/

Tagged: , , ,

20 thoughts on “French Import – L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon

1. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella December 10, 2011 at 10:20 am Reply

I loved our meal at L’atelier de Joel Robuchon. We went to a London branch. The mash is to die for and he is very famous for it :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 11, 2011 at 12:51 am Reply

Really? I’ve gotta go try the mash then! they have a restaurant on the next level :)

2. Maya@Foodiva's Kitchen December 10, 2011 at 11:05 am Reply

You ate a tart created by a chef of the CENTURY, boy it better be that good! I love Hong Kong and haven’t been there for years, looks like you and Mr. Bao are having a great time. Well, I would too if I had all those fab food at my disposal :).

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 11, 2011 at 12:52 am Reply

Thanks Maya :) Mr Bao and I are definitely having a blast being with family and friends hahaha and the best part apart from food would be the days without having to do any housework YAY :)

The tart was pure pleasure! You should come to Hong Kong again! Let me know if you do I’ll take you around ~

3. Adrian (Food Rehab) December 11, 2011 at 11:16 am Reply

Yes, the lemon tart does look pretty damn awesome! I can’t believe it’s nearly xmas already too! Can’t wait.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm Reply

Hey Adrian :) that’s for stopping by! I’m SUPER DUPER excited about xmas hehe do you have anything planned? ~ Enjoy!

4. msihua December 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm Reply

Oh yum! I remember when we went… I quite fell in love with their Earl Grey tea cake… so good!

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 11, 2011 at 9:08 pm Reply

Really? I’ve gotta try next time i go! I’m dragging my sister there again next week hehe how did the coffee go this afternoon? ~

5. Faith December 12, 2011 at 3:16 am Reply

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of year! I love everything about it too. Wow, those desserts look wonderful! Your description of everything makes me wish I had one of each right now, lol!

Thank you so much for the kind comment you left me the other day…you are such a sweetheart and it really meant a lot to me! XO

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 12, 2011 at 3:27 am Reply

You’re very welcome Faith! I can only imagine how you must’ve felt when you saw that someone has stolen your recipe and photos :(
      I’m going to start putting a watermark on my photos too but I wasn’t sure which program to use? I’m using a Macbook any suggestions?

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and don’t forget to blog about your wonderful Xmas recipes!!

6. Ichigo Shortcake December 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm Reply

I do love Christmas but I usually spend it overseas in places (mostly China) that doesn’t celebrate it which is quite sad. But I get to spend it in Melbourne this year! :)
    I’ve been to HK many times but never been to his restaurant. It looks great! Must try it next time.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 12, 2011 at 11:18 pm Reply

I know what you mean! My family is in hong long so I always celebrate it here ;) and even though most people here celebrate Xmas my parent don’t hehe ~ but at least this year I get to celebrate with mr Bao and my nephew ~

What do you have planned? It must be great celebrating in Melbourne! Hope you have a great time ;) and don’t forget to post about it!

7. penny aka jeroxie December 13, 2011 at 10:56 am Reply

Oh lala! Love love everything.

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 15, 2011 at 2:40 am Reply

Me too!!! I’m going soon hehe :) Can’t wait I have serious pastry cravings~

8. Winston December 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm Reply

Wow!! What an amazing French patisserie… HK is so lucky! WIshed we had something as authentically French like this here in Melbourne. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! I’d love to visit this place some day. LOVELY! =)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 15, 2011 at 2:43 am Reply

Me too! But i’m already happy that we have Adriano Zumbo, Burch and Purchese and La Petit Gateau :) I’m already happy hehe!
      I’m totally loving it here! But i miss Melbourne too!
      Visit when i’m here and i’ll take u around or i can send u an itinerary woo hoo!

9. Jennifer (Delicieux) December 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm Reply

Yum!!! That Lemon Tart looks divine!!! When we went to Las Vegas recently I wanted to go to Joel Robuchon restaurant but we ran out of time. I was so disappointed, and even more so now seeing these delicious looking morsels. Maybe I’ll have to pop over to Singpore :D

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 15, 2011 at 2:44 am Reply

Oh what a shame!!! You’ve gotta go! :) I know Air Asia has cheap tickets hehe hurry up!!! I hate it when I don’t have time and miss out ahhaha I get really cranky ~

10. bakingaddict December 16, 2011 at 9:42 am Reply

This looks amazing! I’ve booked to have dinner at Le Atelier Joel De Rubuchon in London in Jan and I cant wait!! Have been wanting to go for ages so am really excited about it. Hope there’s lemon tart on the menu although I’ve been told the chocolate mousse is divine. Hmm… perhaps I’ll have 2 desserts! :)

• Daisy@Nevertoosweet December 17, 2011 at 2:51 am Reply

Oh oh oh!!! I’m so jealous!!! You’ve gotta post about it!!! You HAVE to have 2 desserts lol no excuses!! Enjoy!