First Post – Auction Room, North Melbourne

Hello Everyone,

For my first post I decided to give you guys a quick review of my visit to the Auction Room in North Melbourne.

It’s the first time since I can remember that I’ve ventured into the area of North Melbourne. I live in the East side of Melbourne so I rarely go beyond Melbourne CBD so when a friend suggested that I try the Auction Room it was at first a bit hesitate. But the foodie in me was just itching to go try it out especially after reading the positive reviews of it on Urbanspoon.

So on a sunny spring day last week, my boyfriend and I decided to check it out!

Ice Coffee

Latte

I started off with an ice-coffee and my boyfriend had his typical latte…hmmm mine was just too bitter…and it was obvious that they simply poured some cold milk over an espresso shot… while his latte was average too…

Smoked Salmon with poached egg and black pudding

Mr. Ba0 enjoyed his smoke salmon with the black pudding; however, portions were small so he was tempted to ordering something else…

Banana & Walnut Bread with Maple Syrup

My banana bread was alright… but it wasn’t as delicious as I expected it to be. Maybe it’s because I’m a baker and have made banana bread before…I found their one to be very bland…and I could barely taste the banana flavour and I had to ask twice for more maple syrup as it was simple too dry without it…

Overall, my experience at the Auction Rooms was a bit of a disappointment…I expected more from such a highly rated café on Urbanspoon…not sure if I’d return again because it is out of my way…but for those who in that area I say it’s a decent place to catch up with friends.
Thank you very much for reading my first post!

Please leave a comment! Would love to hear from you :)
Until next time!

Daisy

Auction Rooms
103-107 Errol Street
North Melbourne
Victoria 3051
(03) 9326 7749
www.auctionroomscafe.com.au

Auction Rooms on Urbanspoon

Tagged: , , ,

13 thoughts on “First Post – Auction Room, North Melbourne

1. cat November 28, 2011 at 11:44 am Reply

it is SO frustrating when something disappoints when you travel all the way to get there! Shame about that, but it looked like it was a nice sunny day in Melbourne :)

• flower127 November 28, 2011 at 11:59 pm Reply

hello Cat :)
      Thank you so much for being the first person to comment and always being there to encourage me hehe!

yeah i know i was so excited about trying but it just wasn’t as good as I expected… :( but doesn’t matter there’s plenty of cafes I can visit in Melbourne hehe

2. Maya@Foodiva's Kitchen November 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm Reply

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t quite enjoy the dishes at Auction Rooms but I enjoyed reading your first post and review, nevertheless. Well done on launching this blog, Daisy…I shall now look forward to more foodie adventures from you and Mr. Ba0!

• flower127 November 29, 2011 at 12:02 am Reply

Thanks again Maya :) ahhaha i dunno why I feel like calling you my ‘blog mum’ hehe because you’ve always given me your most honest advice from my silly email about buying a mixer through to my emails about starting my own blog hehe

Back to the Auction Room…hmm really wasn’t as great as i would have liked but nonetheless it was nice to venture into a new area :)

3. msihua November 28, 2011 at 7:53 pm Reply

Hello and welcome to the blogging world :) Aww.. I loved Auction Rooms when I went.. they do such impressive syphon coffees! Looking forward to reading your next posts!

• flower127 November 29, 2011 at 12:03 am Reply

Hello I-Hua :)
      Thanks for your comment! I read your post about the Auction Room and was really excited about trying too but somehow…it just wasn’t that great damn! But maybe it’ll be better next time i go :)

• msihua November 29, 2011 at 8:49 pm Reply

That’s disappointing :( But that’s also the problem with service and quality. They need to maintain it at all times!

• flower127 November 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm Reply

That’s true! I think consistency is the most important! I really was SO excited about going… but doesn’t matter here’s always next time or another cafe that I can try out :)

4. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella November 29, 2011 at 10:25 am Reply

Welcome to the blogging world!:) What a shame that you were disappointed here though but I’m sure you’ve got lots of delicious adventures to share with us! :)

• flower127 November 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm Reply

Thank you so much Lorraine :) I never thought you’d come visit my blog! I’m so pumped up now hehe really hope i’ll be able to keep this blog interesting enough for you and the other bloggers to come back ~

5. penny aka jeroxie November 29, 2011 at 11:08 pm Reply

I have been to auction room a long time ago. There are so many cafes around, if this is not good for you, try another. I am sure you will find one you like :)

• flower127 November 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm Reply

Thanks for the comment Penny :)
      That’s very true especially in Melbourne! Are you enjoying the cafes in Sydney?
      I really like Manchester Press and The Hardware Societe hehe

6. […] settled on Fandango in North Melbourne. Most people may be more familiar with the cafe next door Auction Rooms which always has a queue in […]